• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can the Caddelite resources be used to make a Caddelite Scrapper?

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Has anyone tried this yet? Can the Caddelite resources be used to make a Caddelite Scrapper? Assuming you attempted it at the correct location outside Khaldun?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes it can but you need to make over 100 Caddelite scrolls (+failures) to make one.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You only need one canddelite scroll and 99 plain

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You only need one canddelite scroll and 99 plain
They fixed that when it was still on TC because people where cheating ;)

So no you need 100 scrolls.....I have gone through over 200 uses of my hatchet and have 13 bark fragments so you're going to be doing a LOT of chopping :)

I take that back...
Bark.jpg

340 uses, almost 3k logs and 21 bark.....MIGHT get the 100 I need to attempt a scrappers and hope I don't fail lol...*I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay"

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
They fixed that when it was still on TC because people where cheating ;)

So no you need 100 scrolls.....I have gone through over 200 uses of my hatchet and have 13 bark fragments so you're going to be doing a LOT of chopping :)

I take that back...
View attachment 87315

340 uses, almost 3k logs and 21 bark.....MIGHT get the 100 I need to attempt a scrappers and hope I don't fail lol...*I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay"
Oh dear lord. I guess I won't be attempting this on a mage. :shots:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I made one yesterday with only one scroll made it first attempt with a 29% inscription telly

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
1 pulp gets you 5 scrolls.
i just went out and used 400 uses of my hatchet and i got 72 bark fragments in 15 minutes, so that will net me 360 infused scrolls.
easily make 3 scrappers with only 15 minutes investment.

seems fairly easy.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
72 bark fragments in 15 mins? Ive only used 250 charges but that got me to 21 bark fragments in total.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
72 bark fragments in 15 mins? Ive only used 250 charges but that got me to 21 bark fragments in total.
you on a elf with GM LJ?
elfs get higher rate of the extra stuff.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Yes I am, but then I havent got any frostwood either on this char since they changed the way it spawned.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Try putting just 1 candellite scroll and 99 blank in your pack it worked for me I’ll try again later to see if they changed it today

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok I just made 4 more only using 1 candellite scroll

I did get the message “you do not have enough scrolls” there is a very simple work around for that though (no cheats at all)

;)

When you fail you do lose it though

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok I just made 4 more only using 1 candellite scroll

I did get the message “you do not have enough scrolls” there is a very simple work around for that though (no cheats at all)

;)

When you fail you do lose it though
Maybe you could enlighten the rest of us...on this simple work round

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Probably the unpopular opinion here, but...

How about we not post exploits (because crafting them this way is an exploit) to a public forum, and also not ask for more details on how to exploit the system for those that haven't figured it out. The last thing we need is to tempt the Devs with the notion of a revert because of people abusing an exploit.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes I am, but then I havent got any frostwood either on this char since they changed the way it spawned.
These were on the ground today. They are only getting wood, oak and frost.

upload_2018-9-21_20-42-40.png

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I didn’t even know you wasn’t supposed to be able to use just one until I read it here and went back tried again and figured out what was happen and no I don’t feel it’s an exploit at beings how I did it with out doing anything special the first couple of times

This is along the lines of the spider silk thread thing years ago that gave the rare color cloth

Nobody is going to get banned for this because there would be no way in hell they could know if someone new or didn’t know the order of things it was pure chance for me the few times and then I figured it out how it happen. So did many others with out even knowing about this bug/glitch if it is even one.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Or using the guaranteed improvement talisman?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only losing 1 candellite scroll at a time it’s not a big deal

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It is against Stratics rules to post exploits, and if you see a post you think details how to perform one please hit the report button so our moderation team can review and make the best judgment call we can with the information we have. We don't always know if something is or isn't an exploit, but if in doubt, please email [email protected] with details. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
These were on the ground today. They are only getting wood, oak and frost.

View attachment 87321
Dang I haven't seen a frostwood tree in ages... I can't remember the last time I found that... Infact all I got so far was Oak, Oak more Oak, a bit of Ash a tiny bit of Yew, and some bloodwood and Heartwood.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dang I haven't seen a frostwood tree in ages... I can't remember the last time I found that... Infact all I got so far was Oak, Oak more Oak, a bit of Ash a tiny bit of Yew, and some bloodwood and Heartwood.
Yeah, they really need to come out with an "Orcish Axe" that drops off of Orcish Choppers. It should act like a Gargoyle's Pickaxe, boosting the type of Wood obtained by one level, and has a chance to spawn a Treefellow of the same wood type, which drops 100 Logs of that type. Would go a long way in making higher end woods more available to non-scripters.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So i'm assuming if I don't have GM lumberjacking I shouldn't bother? I don't have it on any char. Tried with my crafter but after 500 logs and no bark I gave up, that's a couple of hours gone for nothing! :(

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
all i can say is im GM LJ and im an elf.
i used 2 of the purchased axes, so 2000 hits on the tree's and i walked away with like 280 bark fragments.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So i'm assuming if I don't have GM lumberjacking I shouldn't bother? I don't have it on any char. Tried with my crafter but after 500 logs and no bark I gave up, that's a couple of hours gone for nothing! :(
LJ is easy to GM. Just go disarm Gregorio, then beat on him for a couple hours with a fast axe. It's how i GMed LJ on my Prospector awhile back.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I am chopping trees in Haven almost at 90 now, good thing I had intended getting LJ on an old account anyway, cooking is next...

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I get more frostwood from trade runs then I have on the LJs we have

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
i have 4 or 5 tree stump vet rewards that's were I get my frostwood.
LOL same..

Also if you're trying to raise LJ and don't want to move much, use the endless tree in Del...I'm sure everyone knows about it by now....you can chop forever! LOVE that tree...I think it's taking from all trees in that one area because the wood changes as you chop.

UnendingTree.jpg

I got 7k logs yesterday, normal, oak and ash before I got tired and went home :/ lol

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
corruption and taint on Atl coming home soon.jpg On Somona.jpg

I think our LJ hit that very tree on Sonoma, then I went shopping on Atlantic