• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can someone please help me understand what just happened....

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I know that if someone is useing a lance, while mounted the other person has to have a lance for it to dismount the other.

Unmounted one can use a lance to dismount another.

I was mounted hands empty on my Thief, a fella came chargeing up to me with a lance, He was mounteddismounted me, How in the world of UO did this person do this?

WE both were mounted I had nothing in my hands he had a lance and while mounted he dismounts me.

A different area and different person useing a warfork, dismounted 2 folks and no wepon change he had a warfork teh whole time.

Can someone please explain to em what im missing or did the lance change get sneaked in, and the warfork wiht disarm adn bleed specials should not dismount anyone, Please Please Please someone tell me how that is done

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
prolly was flagged on you..

dismounted , set dismount with the lance special..

remounted

dismounted right before he hit you, and poof

dismount goes off. not really a bug just how the system works.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

prolly was flagged on you..

dismounted , set dismount with the lance special..

remounted

dismounted right before he hit you, and poof

dismount goes off. not really a bug just how the system works.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, the 3 second delay on remounting a charger of the fallen does not apply? as he was on a charger, i woudl understand if he was on a regular horse, or swampy the fast dismount use specal remount macro but no he was on a charger

F

Fayled Dhreams

over here
Dismount - Perfect for the foot-soldier, the Dismount special attack can unseat a mounted opponent.

The fighter using this ability must be on his own two feet and not in the saddle of a steed
(with one exception: players may use a lance to dismount other players while mounted).
If it works, the target will be knocked off his own mount and will take some extra damage from the fall.
Dismounts the target. Inflicts 15-25 additional physical damage. Cannot use this while mounted, <font color=red>unless using a lance.</font color=red>

no comment about what needs be in the hand of the one susceptible to GET knocked out of the saddle ...
See?

War fork?
got nothing ... sorry... although ... the 2D equiplastweapon macro ... pretty quick to swap a one handed warfok ... for a wand .. mace skill for the wand / dismount (primary special) ...
*shrugs*

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

Really, the 3 second delay on remounting a charger of the fallen does not apply? as he was on a charger, i woudl understand if he was on a regular horse, or swampy the fast dismount use specal remount macro but no he was on a charger

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe there's a bug going around where people have been mounting chargers/ethies instantly or mounting while moving, which may explain it.

The warfork thing, I have no idea, maybe someone else was dismounting.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Cannot use this while mounted, unless using a lance.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to UO.com this is the lance deal which was updated this month this year even!!

Dismount
Effect: Perfect for the foot-soldier, the Dismount special attack can unseat a mounted opponent. The fighter using this ability must be on his own two feet and not in the saddle of a steed (with one exception: players may use a lance to dismount other lance-equipped players while mounted). If it works, the target will be knocked off his own mount.
Mana Cost: 20
Primary On: Lance, Magic Wand
Secondary On: Pitchfork, Axe, Bladed Staff, Heavy Crossbow, Bardiche, Club
Note: Dismounts the target. Cannot use this while mounted, <u>unless both you and your opponent are wielding lances.</u>

You see thanks for the attempt but stratics specials page is outdated it clearly says that BOTH you and your oponent need to be weilding lances while mounted for this to work

F

Fayled Dhreams

Looks like a "bum update" ...(sure ... could be broke code)
Just saying ... between the two ...
Stratics doesn't show dismount for the fork ... and in 2D ..the special(dismount) shows dismount for the wand ... NOT the ... fork equipped

Congrats ... gotcha self a FoF ...