• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

can someone help with the scammers

G

my sim silvera was offered to buy a lot for 9,500 i payed the money then the player did not let me have the lot. is thier any thing i can do i just got the cash out of the atm about an hour ago. i used the ? mark on the game to complain about the sim but nothing will happen. they will not give me the money back and the worst thing is nothing will be done about it. thats why scammers can get away with this kind of stuff.

D

donnallg

I have noticed that there are a couple of scammers in EALand. One tried to get me and a few of my friends the other day. We all 3 reported him. I got a message in game that said action was being taken.

G

sims now have a deed that go with their lot, two actually, one is just the lot and one is the lot with its contents included. From what i have read I undestand that to avoid scammers in ealand simply make sure u have a deed given to you before accepting the trade.

I

imported_Qute Pi

I think I'm going crazy.
Didn't I respond to this on another post? If I did...where did it go? lol.
Did they delete it? lol...

G

yes they did it seems it is not good to put the name of the sim in question

I

imported_Qute Pi

ah ok...wonder why they can't just remove the name...oh well.

Sorry you didn't get anywhere on your situation.

You said your in TC3?

R

Roger Wilco

You might consider taking a few basic precautions in the future to avoid becoming a victim again. Not just handing your money over to people you don't know with nothing more than hope that they will honor their end of the deal might be a good starting point.

G

i grew up with honesty and integrity pounded into my brain since i could comprhend so it is difficult for me to think any other way. i was careless but it does not excuse the sims behavieor ( sorry about the spelling i was never good at that class lol)

G

A couple of clarification points.

It is policy to not allow naming individuals in reference to scams, otherwise anyone could come here and start accusing people of all sorts of things. Not allowing people to be named does unfortunately protect the guilty, but more importantly it protects the innocent too.

The only person that can edit a post is the original poster - mods can't edit your posts.

And for the most important bit of information - there is a new ingame feature called house deeds which should prevent anyone from being scammed out of a property. There is a post on the blog about house deeds somewhere, but I can't find it right now.

When someone makes you a roomie and then goes to trade - there are two deeds, one which transfer ownership of the house and one which transfers ownership of the house and the objects that the house owner owns and has placed on the property.

Its a wonderful addition to the game. Never buy a property from someone without using the house deeds transfer.

Polly