• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can someone explain these publish 98 taming changes in detail?

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
  • Advanced Pet Training Process: Pet slots are no longer adjusted by the pet training process. Pet slots are only adjusted when tamed.
  • Direct damage cap for pets is now based on Pet’s HP and can exceed 35

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  • Advanced Pet Training Process: Pet slots are no longer adjusted by the pet training process. Pet slots are only adjusted when tamed.
  • Direct damage cap for pets is now based on Pet’s HP and can exceed 35
The first one has to be a misprint. It should say: Pet slots are no longer adjusted by taming. Pet slots are only adjusted by the training process

The second one says that pets will now have a higher max damage that will include extra damage based on HP.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I actually believe the second one is about players being able to deal more than 35 HP damage to pets with armour ignore on PvP.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The first one has to be a misprint. It should say: Pet slots are no longer adjusted by taming. Pet slots are only adjusted by the training process
I was thinking that the first one refers to pets jumping slots during the training process. They will now adjust their starting slots at the time of taming, not during training, such that the only slot jumping that happens during training is the intended increase from applying points to train up a slot. Not random additional slot jumping.

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
I was thinking that the first one refers to pets jumping slots during the training process. They will now adjust their starting slots at the time of taming, not during training, such that the only slot jumping that happens during training is the intended increase from applying points to train up a slot. Not random additional slot jumping.
That would make sense.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

umm thats what training does. Changes the slots when you click it.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
umm thats what training does. Changes the slots when you click it.
Right, but previously, on some pets, if you got too close to some magic weighted stat number, it would jump an extra slot. I'm reading that patch note to mean it will no longer do that. That particular slot adjustment will be done at the time of taming, not the time of training. Therefore, training will only raise slots as expected, one slot per 1501 training points. No unexpected extra slot jumps during training.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope it means they fixed slot jumping.

But they could have worded it better.

Fixed issue with pets jumping slots: Pets will only change slots by use of the training system.