• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can someone educate me on blood oath pls?

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We will ignore the sampire targeting bug thats been around for as long as I can remember......

blood oath, When my sampire is hit with that why does she become a complete moron and become the worlds most enthusiastic pacifist?

With hit speed of 1.25 sec she then decides to just stop fighting and waits to die?

Can anyone advise me how to stop this stupidity and is there a way to combat blood oath with the guaranteed dirt nap?

Very annoying......

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you using PIncos UI? I think it has an auto disarm feature when you get blood oathed.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Is War mode toggling off when you get Blood Oathed? Are you running with 0 Resist?

Even 80 to 100 Resist makes Blood Oath manageable - assuming you're still connecting on hits and leaching back enough life - even if swing speed slows to 1.5 ticks (or worse). Doesn't hurt to try and hit Confidence as soon as Blood Oath pops up on your debuff bar. I have not had any issue with being disarmed or stopping attacking. I am an EC player, but I have not used Pincos in recent years.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sounds like it is a feature of pincos so you don't kill yourself. Prob has a toggle.
It does, no need to bother him about it. Just look through the settings menu and disable it. Though I'm sure you'll kill yourself quite a few times after turning it off lol.

a wizard

Journeyman
Sounds like it is a feature of pincos so you don't kill yourself. Prob has a toggle.
That sounds like a bot feature. Taking gameplay out of the hands of a player and automating it. Baffles me how people call this client the "anti-cheater" client rofl. Instant auto loot features, automated character interaction like this. Are people just really that dense?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That sounds like a bot feature. Taking gameplay out of the hands of a player and automating it. Baffles me how people call this client the "anti-cheater" client rofl. Instant auto loot features, automated character interaction like this. Are people just really that dense?
Yes with all the macros that you can do with Basic EC. They do think the CC is the macro client. Ouside macros and programs don't care what you use. Except for the multiboxing one, it requires EC. :lol:

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I highly respect Pinco for the exceptional work he has done, it was a sad day when the *auto stop attack when bloodoathed was added to his client. It was a complete nerf to necro mages (which I played at the time) in PvP. I can’t count how many bad PvPers that had no clue abt game mechanics & relied on scripts to keep them alive that I killed w blood oath before Pinco added that script to his EC client.

I stopped playing my necromage in PvP within 2 weeks of him adding that script.

*Edit: meant to say auto stop attack NOT auto-disarm. Sorry for not accurately describing the action.

Last edited:

a wizard

Journeyman
While I highly respect Pinco for the exceptional work he has done, it was a sad day when the auto-disarm when bloodoathed was added to his client. It was a complete nerf to necro mages (which I played at the time) in PvP. I can’t count how many bad PvPers that had no clue abt game mechanics & relied on scripts to keep them alive that I killed w blood oath before Pinco added that script to his EC client.

I stopped playing my necromage in PvP within 2 weeks of him adding that script.
Sounds like an easy way to kill someone. Make a necro dexer, cast blood oath. They remove weapon, free hits.

It's like people who use apple scripts today. Be prepared to double curse them, they wont have an apple to deal with debuffs.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like an easy way to kill someone. Make a necro dexer, cast blood oath. They remove weapon, free hits.
Except it doesn’t disarm. It auto toggles off war mode. In my experience, it also seems to stop all auto defense attacks until the player turns war mode back on. Standing next to them spamming attacks does nothing until they manually toggle war mode back on.

a wizard

Journeyman
"how to make an EC robot stop attacking you"
step 1. blood oath.

can we get one of those "i play the EC client which means i CANT script!" purists in here? for the sake of novelty.

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How about the instant wall of stone script? Lol just Google all the scripts available and see what client they are for...

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When fighting Necro casters, my Sampire/Wammy has GM Resist and uses Curse Weapon. Between those two, i can simply laugh through Blood Oath.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lmao, the only thing this feature will ever do for someone that's not actively paying attention is get them killed. Hardly a bot.

a wizard

Journeyman
Lmao, the only thing this feature will ever do for someone that's not actively paying attention is get them killed. Hardly a bot.
It's an non-interactive and unattended action performed without the player pushing a button.
By your logic, scripts that maintain chiv buffs, automatically chug potions, eat apples, use bandages etc are not bots.

Please educate yourself.