• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

can someone clarify broadsword/ea policy

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Greetings everyone,

First of, I am not advertising or promoting any sale for real money here on stratics,

My question is, and I have looked but did not find, what is the standing policy for transfer uo accounts?
My friend quitting uo and want to give me his account, I would like to link it my own master account but I am not sure if it is allowed and how to do it properly.
Thank you for any information

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can if you talk to uo support. They have to unlink the account then they give a link code so it can be linked to another account... it retains the old name and password but all the other information is taken away.

Send an Email to [email protected] . Hope that helps.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
@Thargor just make Sure that your friend is the original owner of the account and that He give to you the answer for the master secret question, and also AFTER the account is linked to your Master account, make sure that you change the secret question.

whoever owns the answer for the secret question, owns the account, not matter if the account is linked to you or not, the original creator of the account, can always take the account back , 1,2,10 years from now, so make sure that after you link the new account to your email, email support again and ask to change the secret question from that specific account to something new.

if you have any more question, pls refer to:

▒ - How to Properly Handle Your UO ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT - ▒

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wouldn't it be safer to only have 1 UO account in any master account, with different email for each master account if you have multiple UO accounts?
Would be but when they started the nonsense we were told that we could get banned if we had more than one Master Account. We were told we HAD to put them all on one Master but then we found the Masters only hold 10... and for some of us that just wouldn't do... so they relented in letting us have more than one but that was the way it was originally pitched to us.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
and the other thing is:
few years ago, EA customer Service (those overseas) by mistake just "handed" my EA/Origin account to someone and they had access to 3 of my accounts for couple hours and made me think that I was luck to only have 3 accounts attached to that email. so nowadays, I have each of my Shard shield account linked to a different email by itself and everything else spread between a lot of different emails, but that is what excel is for and google docts.

Last edited: