• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can someone advise on my 2 different templates

S

StarlaUO

Hello, can someone give me some expert input as my new template seems to be awful.

I went to Twisted Wealds yesterday and one of newly reskilled sammy, Ariel, and got killed twice by Irk and i can hardly scratch it so I log into my second sammy, Sirius, and manage to kill irk without even moving and in less than 2 mins. Can someone tell me whats wrong with the first sammy, is it the weapon is not good enough? Or is it the suit?

Ariel (elf) ---> killed by Irk
118/150/24
Resist: 70/68/67/70/67 (vamp form)
suit has 35 dci/14 hci SSI 20 (assassin armor)
Wep: Diamond mace HML 51, HSL 46, SSI 30 DI 40
Template:
120 Parry/mace/bushido
100 Tact
120 Spirit speak
100 chiv
40 necro
Used CW for health

Sirius (human)
111/150/30
Resist: 70/68/70/63/70 (vamp form)
suit has 46 dci/26 hci
Wep: Ornate axe HML 50, HSL 38, SSI 25 DI 40 HCI 7
Template:
120 Parry/mace/bushido
70 Tact
100 heal
65 chiv
35 necro
100 Anat (+10 brace)

Its amazing how easy it is with second template, I dont even need to use bandies. I have used a 120 parry/sword/bushido/anat with 100 heal/chiv +40 necro sammy before and its as easy as second template. Cant seems to figure how whats wrong with first template.

I

imported_Farsight

The problem isn't your template or your weapon. That character could seriously clean up in about any other spawn that doesn't involve changelings or dryads. The problem is with changelings. I run a template similar to your elf, and he can solo paragon cu's, paragon balrons, Miasma, Doom (all of it, I just wish I could heal other players sometimes) and more. I just can't kill Irk or the other named changelings and I won't even think about what happens against Travesty. Those attempts were a couple of my most futile hours in UO ever.

The problem, I believe, is in using curse weapon for healing. I can't confirm this beyond a shadow of a doubt other than by saying that my wraith/sampire (I've tried in both forms) can't touch a changeling once it changes form, but my samurai with no necromancy doesn't even break a sweat against them. Anyhow, I think that the Irk who copies you also copies your curse/consecrate weapon in the process, so he heals as quickly as you can dish out the damage, since both of you will hit half the time.

I

imported_GFY

My guild used to have a problem with Trav and high SS. When she copy's your skills she heals with SS very quickly. Probably the same problem with Irk. Stone SS and try it again.

S

StarlaUO

Oh thank you all for the replies. I did not notice that its the copying of spirit speak until both of you mentioned it. No wonder I died...
Cheers at least i know its not the template or suit... or that the diamond mace. Thank You again!

C

Connor_Graham

suit has 35 dci/14 hci SSI 20 (assassin armor)
Wep: Diamond mace HML 51, HSL 46, SSI 30 DI 40

*DROOLS*

Oops......sorry bout that......lemme get a sponge and clean that up....

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes you really do have to watch what you bring to travestry.

i brought my archer, he has a heavy xbow with 38 hml, 42 hsl, 35 ssi and 46 di.
when it turned into me, it killed everyone. it was hitting me for about 90 dmg and dismounted everyone.

next time i brought a magic short bow with about the same stats and we had no problems.

now i prefer to do it on my mage. much easier.

C

Connor_Graham

"next time i brought a magic short bow with about the same stats and we had no problems. "

If you have a regular crossbow or bow with high SSI, they both work well. I've used a magical short, and it's actually my bow of choice when soloing, but found that in a group the higher damage bows are a lot more useful and speed up the looting process.