• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can Shadowguard Fountain be solo'd?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's with one character, not one player running multiple accounts.

I have tried several times, and no matter how carefully I try to use all the pieces and how fast I kill the spawn I haven't managed it yet.
Has anyone else?
If yes, what character type? and how?

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes, it can. BUT only if you are lucky and get close placement of the towers.
The alternative is going in, killing things and looting every piece for 10 minutes. Then leave, and go into a new one with the extra pieces.

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've soloed it on my mystic with high sdi. One spell kills them. Usuall you run out of time unless your lucky. So what I do is go in and kill about 20 then exit and go back in with the 20 pieces still in my pack. Most of the time I can finish it this way.

Grincao

Visitor
I have soloed it with a mage.
I stayed hidden for about ten minutes, killed all the water elementals that had spawned and collected their pieces.
I then immediately exited the encounter and rejoined it with the pieces still in my pack.
Starting it with two dozen or so pieces I completed the 'easy' drain points first.
With that head start there was enough spawn to complete it by myself. Total time was about 35 minutes.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Placement of the towers is key. Go in and if the towers are a long way from the spigots, just exist and go back in. There is no penalty and it beats killing stuff for 10 minutes just to get extra pieces.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
On test center you could solo it with no problem.

However while trying to tweak spawn rates for groups on each instance, they over compensated for the solo encounter and the elemental a do not spawn quickly enough to complete it unless under certain circumstances such as a closer blocks.

This should be revisited to increase the spawn rate slightly higher.

I'm my opinion they should have never tweaked the spawn rate on the fountain. We performed it with four people, and yes you had to be quick but it was doable.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
2 seems to be the best for this one. First the spawn rate was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too high...now it's WAYYYYY too low for a single person to do it.

Each additional person adds 2-3 elementals spawning at a 10-15 second interval.

we went in with 4 and we had so many pieces on the ground it was impossible to move!

3 isn't bad but ideally 2 is the key number.

Again it depends on tower/spigot placements as stated above but still you're hard-pressed to have enough elementals spawn in the given time...and getting the right pieces.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So its not just me then. I do it for fun alot and it irks me I never got enough pieces in time. I kill fast, build fast, and spend most of the time running around looking for something to kill. On top of that there are a couple of pieces with very little use for, and once today I had 34 of thoose 2 pieces in my backpack! Started to wonder if it was made impossible on purpose..if so im ok with that but it would be good to know. I did 6 rounds today but some was so hard I should have skipped them. Ill try Steal your faces way tomorrow!

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
2 seems to be the best for this one. First the spawn rate was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too high...now it's WAYYYYY too low for a single person to do it.

Each additional person adds 2-3 elementals spawning at a 10-15 second interval.

we went in with 4 and we had so many pieces on the ground it was impossible to move!

3 isn't bad but ideally 2 is the key number.

Again it depends on tower/spigot placements as stated above but still you're hard-pressed to have enough elementals spawn in the given time...and getting the right pieces.
I disagree about the fountain spawn rate. I did it with 1-4 people and it was high but not enough to over compensate like they did.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It's possible, but tough to run it solo. In my experiences, you just don't get enough spawn fast enough to get all the pieces you need. I've come close a few times, but couldn't finish.

While this is annoying, I will say I don't want the encounter to be nerfed or changed so that it can be solo-able. Some of these rooms should have to be done in a group.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One char is not feasible, simply because the spawn rate is too slow for one char. I tested this many times with one melee with an average elemental weapon, which kills the mob in one hit. But I typically had to wait between 30~60 seconds for another re-spawn. I end up spent more time waiting, so I dont think 30 minutes is even enough for one char, which is a waste of time.

Two is the ideal number, but you need at least one warrior that can clean the spawn efficiently. The number isn't the problem as long as the people can clean the mobs fast enough.

Best strategy: Go in there with 3 chars (with at least 1 or 2 melees), collect all the blocks for 2 minutes, then go out and come back in with 2 or even 1 char. You should be able to complete the fountain in 3 minutes. This is the most efficient method I've adapted so far.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Started the year with soloing it with a bard . Sooo easy when going in and grab some useful pieces. Exit and start again, building most of the first channel with thoose pieces. Thanks for the tips ! My guild do the roof twice in a week and mostly we go 2 by 2 for rooms and finish every roof hunt with a belfry. I like to have 3 chars leady to go. Sometimes I need to solo it all, sometimes I do places like fountain several times to assist others. Now I can do either way ..very useful!:danceb:

Becca

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I do it solo. Just me and my dragon. I just kill things and collect the pieces and see which way is feasable with the pieces i have collected. Then i start laying them out and by the time i get them down a lot of spawn are there to kill and i collect again . Repeat till done.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
While you CAN, it's much much more fun with a friend.