• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can people hack my UO account if I get UO Assist?

P

Popple

Hi, and sorry for the weird question, but I have never used UO Assist, and I am very security conscious. I also have some knowledge about computers, but from a user standpoint, not a programmer standpoint.

I know there have been many UO accounts hacked in the past. I was wondering if my account can get hacked if I go ahead and get UO Assist? I don't need details on how. I just want to know if it is safe to use? I know that they use seeding to identify my account, although they say that they can't see your account or password, but I don't really don't understand that process.

So, I'm hoping for some good advice from these boards, because if anyone should know, I'm guessing it's the players using it, or those who have been burned by it (if there are any). :)

Thanks in advance for any help!

T

T_Amon_from_work

Hi, and sorry for the weird question, but I have never used UO Assist, and I am very security conscious. I also have some knowledge about computers, but from a user standpoint, not a programmer standpoint.

I know there have been many UO accounts hacked in the past. I was wondering if my account can get hacked if I go ahead and get UO Assist? I don't need details on how. I just want to know if it is safe to use? I know that they use seeding to identify my account, although they say that they can't see your account or password, but I don't really don't understand that process.

So, I'm hoping for some good advice from these boards, because if anyone should know, I'm guessing it's the players using it, or those who have been burned by it (if there are any). :)

Thanks in advance for any help!
I have had UOA since it was acceptable and legal to have. No hacks or issues. Proper security precautions will protect your account.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ive had several accounts with uoa and never had a problem.

I got hacked once because of my email addys....NEVER AGAIN!

P

Popple

Thanks to you both.

As far as proper security precautions go, I don't give my account or password to anyone. I have a separate email just for UO, and I have current anti-virus and firewall. Other than that, I don't know what else I can do from my side. Other suggestions would be helpful, too.

Thanks! :)

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
uoa is safe I use it but I use 2 emails
one only for my accounts and the other for everything. When I know I will be upgrading an account at http://www.uogamecodes.com/ I will switch to the other email account. once I get the email with the code in it I switch the email back, and change my uo password. see they even don't get my email I use for my accounts. Also the email account I use for everything else all the email gets deleted never looked at except the stuff I know i registered for.
I have set to only accept messages from people on my contact list. I have it set to not accept files. Everyone on my contact list knows I will not use illegal programs or scripts so no one sends me links cuz they know I wont click on them.
Links
If Im not sure of a link I will copy the link and google it to see what kinda summary what its about. Here on stratic I don't hide the url to the site. and any url that is hidden I click on my right mouse button on the link click on properties to make sure its the link the person is sendin me to.
These are ways a protect my uo accounts from hackers.

V

Veganite

I and several people I know have used it for 10 years without a single problem. I wouldn't play the game without it. Got it at tugsoft.com. BTW it won't work with the Kingdom reborn client.

G

Gwendar-SP

I have been running UOA on my accounts for about 7 years with no problems.

A

Azazel of LA

I myself use it and I know ALOT of people who also use it and Ive NEVER even heard about anyone getting hacked do to it. Im pretty much 100% sure that its safe.

E

Emil IsTemp

Play without UOA.. betcha cant..

Just like Giambi and his steroids.. tisk tisk.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No.

but there is a hack that involves UOAssist, but that requires you to accept a file from someone else (generally through ICQ).

So, don't accept any files from someone yuo don't know VERY well, and you'll be ok.

T

T_Amon_from_work

one only for my accounts and the other for everything. When I know I will be upgrading an account at http://www.uogamecodes.com/ I will switch to the other email account. once I get the email with the code in it I switch the email back, and change my uo password. see they even don't get my email I use for my accounts. Also the email account I use for everything else all the email gets deleted never looked at except the stuff I know i registered for.
I have set to only accept messages from people on my contact list. I have it set to not accept files. Everyone on my contact list knows I will not use illegal programs or scripts so no one sends me links cuz they know I wont click on them.
Links
If Im not sure of a link I will copy the link and google it to see what kinda summary what its about. Here on stratic I don't hide the url to the site. and any url that is hidden I click on my right mouse button on the link click on properties to make sure its the link the person is sendin me to.
WhenI run ICQ I do the same as you and if someone wants to send me something they either already have my email or I give them an addy on Yahoo that is NOT used for personal or gaming.

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's very few methods of "hacking" a UO account, most people just use stupid account names, with stupid passwords. =< Don't do either of the two, and you won't get hacked.

Been playing for 5+ years & haven't been hacked, scammed, or had a suit drop once, it's all about playing smart. :p

P

Popple

Links
Thanks for these good ideas, and thanks, everyone for your help and input. :)

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOAssist, downloaded from http://www.tugsoft.com/ is quite safe to use.

Do not however, download it from any other site or use any sort of cracks or non-purchased license keys to get around the trial time. Doing so would not only be against the ToS of Ultima Online (using an unapproved 3rd party program - in the respect that a legally owned copy is Legal to use with UO whereas a cracked/hacked/edited version would not be Legal) and can get you banned. Also, do not use any looping programs to repeat the macros in UOAssist - doing so is not legal.

Just be sure you are downloading it from http://www.tugsoft.com/ and that you do not accept files or alterations to your UOAssist. In it's legal and available form from http://www.tugsoft.com/ it is extremely safe and legal to use with Ultima Online.

Be ware of UOAssist imitators. UOAssist is the only macro program of it's kind that is legal to use with Ultima Online.

I used UOAssist since just about when it first came out up until when I stopped playing several months ago. Every time I tried to play it without UOAssist, I just couldn't seem to enjoy UO for it was as though I was way more limited without.

Also note, UOAssist is not compatible with Kingdom Reborn. It is for the 2D Client - KR Client has quite a bit of built in macro features and stuffs.