• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can no longer unlock items inside of locked containers?

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously.. wtf? I can understand being able to do that might cause some people to screw up from time to time, but I for one use locked boxes at a friends place for storage.. I can't exactly unlock them at liberty either. This intended or what?

D

Dhaerin

because it didnt count towards your lockdown count and was considered an exploit since you could store infinite items

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, but it still decays doesn't it? If it doesn't I can see the problem, but then shouldn't they just make it decay properly instead?

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
because it didnt count towards your lockdown count and was considered an exploit since you could store infinite items
If thats true, then they better be working on a better fix. If you can't unlock items in a lockdown container, library management will be much more annoying.

D

Dhaerin

Yeah, but it still decays doesn't it? If it doesn't I can see the problem, but then shouldn't they just make it decay properly instead?
it doesnt decay... it was an old exploit that they just fixed i guess

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If thats true, then they better be working on a better fix. If you can't unlock items in a lockdown container, library management will be much more annoying.
And management of stuff in my house.. I use lockdown containers instead of secures for most of my stuff. :\

D

Dhaerin

and it would be better if they made it decay... a bunch of people would lose their stuff, but its their fault for using an exploit, and it would make things easier on us

oh well...

R

Revenant2

awwwwwww bleh.

There's bunches of other stuff that people were complaining about, bug reports in for, screenshots of, and ya'll picked this as something to 'fix'.

blehhhhhhhhh come on now. I bet ya'll didn't get a single complaint from a single player about this one.

It's appreciated that existing containers apparently don't decay (at least so far they appear not to?), that would have flipped some people out for sure. But still, blehhhhhhhh.

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, good. maybe.. MAYBE.. some people will start throwing their useless junk out instead of filling castles to the brim with it.
...'course having a turn-in probably doesn't help since people will now be expecting every little thing they find to be a turn-in next year.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not sure where you're getting that idea, or I'm totally misunderstanding, but the contents of a locked down, not secured, box in my house most assuredly did count towards my lockdowns. Releasing it and securing it made no difference at all to the available lockdowns in the house.

D

Dhaerin

not sure where you're getting that idea, or I'm totally misunderstanding, but the contents of a locked down, not secured, box in my house most assuredly did count towards my lockdowns. Releasing it and securing it made no difference at all to the available lockdowns in the house.
if a box or any item was unlocked (released) inside a locked down box, it wouldnt decay and did not count towards the lockdown count of a house

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heh, having been careful never to leave released items in a locked down box because I expected them to decay I was never aware of that.

L

Lord Kynd

if a box or any item was unlocked (released) inside a locked down box, it wouldnt decay and did not count towards the lockdown count of a house
a locked down as in 'i wish to lock this down' ?

or a box that was locked with a key or magic ?

sorta confused

L

Lady Katherine

And this is horribly annoying because I had to unlock a box to move some things around and guess what: I must have forgotten to lock it down because it has disappeared. I fail to see how this was a problem before.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, good. maybe.. MAYBE.. some people will start throwing their useless junk out instead of filling castles to the brim with it.
...'course having a turn-in probably doesn't help since people will now be expecting every little thing they find to be a turn-in next year.
That's exactly what I see happening from now on. People holding on to every worthless thing they find.

**"Look guys I found a huge pile of Orc turds on the ground, let's fill our castles full of them in case they decide to have another turn in event 8 years from now!!"**

G

Gwendar-SP

Guess this is another prime example of EA making a change that disrupts how honest folks play just to stop a cheat.

I have known some folks who use a locked container to display items for sale. It lets the customer examine the items and then the owner can release the items as needed. This becomes far more dangerous if the whole container has to be released.

L

Lariat

If this is to stay, then Friends need to be able to secure containers rather than just lock them down.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
could we have a link to where this was talked about. I've looked in the patch notes and FoF and couldn't see it. Yes, I know I need new glasses, but hey UO has to come first.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
This change is going to make managing display areas and book libraries more difficult.

N

Nestorius

I wish I knew this when I was living in a tiny house.