• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can Imbuing add spellchanneling to this?

Bob_the_fart_guy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have an imbuer... I don't know anything about imbuing. Just a quick question... Is there an imbuing option to add spellchanneling to an item? And if so, can the "Lord Blackthorn's Exemplar" have spellchanneling added to it?

V

Victoria Navarre

I would say no. I believe that elemental resist on a shield counts as a mod. So each resist counts as one mod. :( sorry

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can imbue specll channeling though, so perhaps you could do a different shield and add that to it instead. May not get the exact mods that you would with the blackthornes shield but could probably get a decent shield.

KingX

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can not imbued resists on a shield, You also can not imbude any artifacts so either way your screwed :lol:

find a shield with resists then imubed it with spell channeling thats your only hope

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only properties you can imbue to a shield are:
  • Spell Channeling
  • Faster Casting
  • DCI
  • Reflect Physical Damage
  • Durability
  • Lower Requirements
If you need a good shield for a mage, I'd recommend you look for a monster looted shield with high DCI and Spell Channeling (and ideally with no Faster Casting penalty), then enhance it with valorite ore so it gets good resists and hope it doesn't break. No imbuing is required.