• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Can i switch the undead slayer on a michief maker?

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to change the undead slayer property to reptile slayer. Is that possible with imbuing? I used the skill on the bow and got the gump. It says its 9,9% (not even gm yet).

What makes me wonder is the fact, that the item property weight is at 498 / 450 in red letters. Does it work nevertheless?

Anothre question: Does the order in which i imbue certain properties matter?

O

Old Man of UO

... Anothre question: Does the order in which i imbue certain properties matter?
I'll answer you second question - yes, and no. The property order in which you imbue matters only in cost of ingredients used. If you have a property that requires relics, and the rest won't, imbue the one requiring relics first. Since (usually) it has a higher chance to succeed it will cost less in the long run. Likewise, in regular gems only I will still imbue the most expensive ones first (such as diamonds). Other than cost, the order does not matter.

Find an imbuing calculator to make sure the properties you want on an item will all fit to the intensities you want. I also check each property first to plan the order I imbue, which is hardest and which cost the most to imbue. And be aware that mana leech and SSI are interrelated - the higher the mana leech the less SSI you can add to certain weapons, and visa versa.

This all becomes second nature pretty quickly. OH, don't forget to use POF before imbuing!

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You cannot imbue reptile slayer on that bow to overwrite the undead without modifying it.

1. Lower the DI to 1%
2. Imbue reptile
3. Raise DI to 21%

It has four properties. You can lower the DI to 1% and imbue reptile then imbue one more property if desired with DI at 1%.

-Lorax

J

[JD]

i used that lower DI trick to imbue 25 DCI on a mage weap boomerang since my imbuing skill is so low and i didn't wanna lose relics.

friend gave me exceptional boomerang with 39 DI. lowered DI to 1. my chances for imbuing 25 DCI exceeded 100%. imbued 25 DCI. then handed the boomerang and special ingredients off to a friend to add the other stuff (fc1, mage weap -20, spell channel). they then raised DI back to 25.

S

Stupid Miner

You cant imbue artifacts anymore.
Is this an exception?

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a ML craftable and not an artifact. Tho there are so many strange rules with umbuing that iam still clueless about the system :)

All my armor tells me "this material is too old to be imbued". Its plain gm made barbed armor without the use of runic tools. Just the name if the item is different from current gm made stuff.

I get the same message when i try to add some resists to chainmail mining gloves. I wonder if i can add some resists on newly received mining gloves. :)

Y

Yen Sid

It's a ML craftable and not an artifact. Tho there are so many strange rules with umbuing that iam still clueless about the system :)

All my armor tells me "this material is too old to be imbued". Its plain gm made barbed armor without the use of runic tools. Just the name if the item is different from current gm made stuff.

I get the same message when i try to add some resists to chainmail mining gloves. I wonder if i can add some resists on newly received mining gloves. :)
There was a publish that made it so special material items (barbed, verite, ect.) could be imbued, anything crafted out of special material prior to that publish cannot be imbued. That is why you get that message. And yes you can imbue mining gloves.

S

Stupid Miner

Makes sense since craftable artifacts can be altered into gargoyle equivalents too.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a publish that made it so special material items (barbed, verite, ect.) could be imbued, anything crafted out of special material prior to that publish cannot be imbued. That is why you get that message. And yes you can imbue mining gloves.
Thanks for clearing that up. I did a couple bods yesterday and got 15 crappy POF and 1 par of mining gloves. Lucky me it was the color i wanted. So now i finally have a good suit of armor while using the gloves. I never used the gloves before cause i hated the equip/unequip stuff. All my old ming gloves wouldn't allow me to imbue them.

Y

Yen Sid

Thanks for clearing that up. I did a couple bods yesterday and got 15 crappy POF and 1 par of mining gloves. Lucky me it was the color i wanted. So now i finally have a good suit of armor while using the gloves. I never used the gloves before cause i hated the equip/unequip stuff. All my old ming gloves wouldn't allow me to imbue them.
No problem, but...

15?! Crappy?! PoF?!?! I will take them on Origin if thats where they are lol. Once you get imbuing, PoF won't be so crappy to you lol; and that 15 will be gone fast :p.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
In fact, on some shards, the imbuers are using up POF so fast that the Luna vendors are empty most of the time, and some have been so desperate to pay 1 million + for 3 POF at auction (on LA - granted, that's about twice the normal going rate, but when no one can stay stocked at the going rate, you take what you can get)

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's perfect for Sygian slayer, too. I dropped DI to 1%, overwrote Undead to Dragon (more damage than Reptile super slayer) then adds 22% HDL ( 100% cold damage and specific slayer 3x bonus means no need for DI).

Did similar with wildfire before nerf, made a nice Spider slayer 100% fire damage - before the arti nerf.