• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Can i make good barbed pieces with gm tailor

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All you need is GM armslore and a 100% chance to craft an item exceptional. Otherwise you could waste a charge from your runic kit.

S

Saris

arms lore? for tailoring?[/QUOTE

yes, funnny hun.

now if you want a perspective, The more you know about weapons the better you can make armor.

how would you make a plunger if you dont know the odds and ends of a toilet :p

all joking aside from the tailor sticky at the top

For a crafter (of any type) with Grandmaster Arms Lore skill (100.0), the "normal tool" Exceptional bonus reaches its maximum of 20 random points. If crafting with a Runic Hammer, the maximum Exceptional bonus is 11 random points, with 100.0 Arms Lore. It is strongly recommended that all crafters have 100 Arms Lore, if possible.

C

cac

arms lore? for tailoring?[/QUOTE

yes, funnny hun.

now if you want a perspective, The more you know about weapons the better you can make armor.

how would you make a plunger if you dont know the odds and ends of a toilet :p

all joking aside from the tailor sticky at the top

For a crafter (of any type) with Grandmaster Arms Lore skill (100.0), the "normal tool" Exceptional bonus reaches its maximum of 20 random points. If crafting with a Runic Hammer, the maximum Exceptional bonus is 11 random points, with 100.0 Arms Lore. It is strongly recommended that all crafters have 100 Arms Lore, if possible.

so say i add arms lore to gm and i got 105 tailor ing and 100 bs. WHat trinkets would i need? to make some decent stuff. Paying 7 mill for 1 pc of armor in luna is a lil rediculious.

V

vinque

I think I understand your question because I think u have the same issue as me in that it's hard to get "mid-grade" equipment these days. I have GM Tailor (created because of this issue) with GM Arms Lore and make myself horned/barbed leather suits (without runics) and the end result is a suit with about 57 resist across the board. With some mediocre jewelry I can get 70 resist in categories I need most (i.e. fire, energy, maybe physical depending on char). I use that to limp along until I hit the BOD lotto and get some runic kits. I would love to just buy a decent suit but I'm with you paying millions to get it is just not in my budget.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arms lore adds a bonus to exceptionally crafted items:
- 5% more di on except weapons
- 5% more randomly distributed resist on every except armour piece
If you dont have arms lore but are a human crafter, you get 1% di and 1%reists on armours from JOAT (human racial bonus).

If you canc raft an item with 100% chance beeing exceptional, your tailoring is high enough to possible get the best results out. BUT ... tailoring with runic kits is always a lotto. You can get one or another really good pice but usually you end up with nothing.
That someone in luna tries to sell an armour piece for 7 million, doenst mean that someone else will buy it. It just could be that much overpriced that it will stay forever on that vendor.
Getting tailor runics (or better: the bods for them) just needs a lot of time:
You can get a tailor bod everyhour, if your skill is low (0.1 is enough). At 0.1 you are only getting small plain cloth bods, that can be filled very cheaply. If you turn them in on you main tailor (100+) you have a good chance to upgrade them. After each turned in bod you can get a fresh one. On top of that, you are getting 100 coloured cloth from turning in those small bods. For most of them you need less than 100 cloth to fill. As long as you can supply yourself with those small 'junk'-bods you can fill them with very little (gold) investment. With 6-7 chars on every account, you can collect many small bods, if you spare a single skillpoint (0.1) for tailoring on each of them.