• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

can i have this?

F

frogger2

ok ok I know with new players you got to exspect a little begging but really enough is enough. how many new players have asked home owners or roommates for cash? when I first started playing this game 5 yrs ago Ive never not once asked for money, in my book you learn how to play, pay respects to other players of the game stop begging. very few players are filled with wealth here in TC3 anyways. yes we have lot size homes over size 6 but we worked on getting them that big.get your skills up get a sim job and play with us dont beg from us. sorry folks just had to say that after banning obviously a teen from my home for constant begging I just had to post this. asked him over 5 times not to beg and he wouldnt listen sigh.frogger kirk and spock of TC3.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

ok ok I know with new players you got to exspect a little begging but really enough is enough. how many new players have asked home owners or roommates for cash? when I first started playing this game 5 yrs ago Ive never not once asked for money, in my book you learn how to play, pay respects to other players of the game stop begging. very few players are filled with wealth here in TC3 anyways. yes we have lot size homes over size 6 but we worked on getting them that big.get your skills up get a sim job and play with us dont beg from us. sorry folks just had to say that after banning obviously a teen from my home for constant begging I just had to post this. asked him over 5 times not to beg and he wouldnt listen sigh.frogger kirk and spock of TC3.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were never begged in the past, you have been lucky! Beggers have long been an aspect of TSO. Most are young players, IMO, for whom instant gratification is a way of life. (I often think these are kids younger than 10, too.) Working towards a goal is beyond them. One thing -- they certainly tend to be a persistent. Banning is, sadly, sometimes the only way to say NO.

F

frogger2

oh in the past believe me i have had my share of beggers but it seam to at least me that the beggers are 10fold in power in TC3. its just getting nuts with the begging. can i have your money seems to be the only thing the new players can ask for lol

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Hello! People in regular cities have been giving free handouts in the form of payouts or just giving away stuff in the regular cities all year. Now that new players are restricted to TC3, why shouldn't they think things work the same way there?

M

MandiK

Never been a fan of beggers. I have always given out cash, free houses, etc...to newbies &amp; people who needed it, but never once have I given out money to a person who comes to my house and demands "give me money, now."

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

oh in the past believe me i have had my share of beggers but it seam to at least me that the beggers are 10fold in power in TC3. its just getting nuts with the begging. can i have your money seems to be the only thing the new players can ask for lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I have become a Boot/Bann/Iggy pro especially if my alternate is off working to restock the frig and a beggar comes in. First off...we all need money and secondly no you can't have the $679 simoleans I happen to have on me at the moment. When the conversation rollsaround to "I need money" and "How much do you have" I find it's time for my finger to start hovering around the 'emergency sim ejection button'. "You need money? I know where you can find it. Start looking here" BAM out to city view they go.

I think the 'free-flowing' money in the production cities has spoiled a lot of players rotten. They don't understand that in TC3 most of us are on pretty tight budgets.

I recently actually had newbies send me 'beggar im's' while I was actually typing/selling stories. I told them to sit their sorry lazy rear ends down and get to work just like everyone else in the house. And then they went on Iggy.

It's nice that some of us have been able to give extravagant gifts in the production cities. But the days of free flowing gifts is soon coming to an end and many players are just going to have to say "No" to beggars. And Beggars are going to have to learn to put a bit more effort into the game.

B

Bindy

Its a pain in the butt I know, but its only going to get sooo much worse with the way the money situation is now. Ive had several noobs begging for cash in the last few weeks.
I just tell them since the merge Im as broke as you are sorry.
Not that that will slow them down any. A lot of kids dont want to sit and skill and earn their own way. Its the same in most any online game unfortunately.

K

Keep It Real

*TTL*

It's just going to get worse in TC3 with free/trial accounts only being able to play there. Yesterday while I was typing/earning money a sim came in and was begging for money for 10 minutes. I told her I had made 500 simoleans in the time she stood there begging and went on to show her how it's done. After one story she quit because she only got a few simoleans for the story she sold. I explained that the higher the skill in creativity the higher the payout and advised her to go skill and then come back and try again, she responded with "screw this $#%$#$&amp; stupid game" and left. I don't think I'll waste my time explaining anything to the next begger.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

There have always been beggars in the game and I'm not sure there are any more now then I've seen in the past.

It's just kind of ironic right now that I really do not have any money and I'm sitting there making jams/selling stories and some lazy jerk will have the nerve to ask for it.

I have to get a chuckle at them from behind my computer.

My roomies had better know better then to ask me for money. I tell them to put out tip jars and I will tip them each day they are there to help out with food costs they incur. But I'm not their momma or their own personal ATM machine and if they treat me as such they'll end up out of my house real fast.

G

<blockquote><hr>

*TTL*

It's just going to get worse in TC3 with free/trial accounts only being able to play there. Yesterday while I was typing/earning money a sim came in and was begging for money for 10 minutes. I told her I had made 500 simoleans in the time she stood there begging and went on to show her how it's done. After one story she quit because she only got a few simoleans for the story she sold. I explained that the higher the skill in creativity the higher the payout and advised her to go skill and then come back and try again, she responded with "screw this $#%$#$&amp; stupid game" and left. I don't think I'll waste my time explaining anything to the next begger.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is exactly the kind of response I have received MANY times.
I have even been threatened ("I'll make sure no one comes to your lot! I'll RUIN you!) if I didn't hand over the cash.
The first time I heard this, it gave me the 'giggles'. After that, it was the "Boot, Ban Tango".

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Yesterday while I was typing/earning money a sim came in and was begging for money for 10 minutes. I told her I had made 500 simoleans in the time she stood there begging and went on to show her how it's done. After one story she quit because she only got a few simoleans for the story she sold. I explained that the higher the skill in creativity the higher the payout and advised her to go skill and then come back and try again, she responded with "screw this $#%$#$&amp; stupid game" and left. I don't think I'll waste my time explaining anything to the next begger.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...i don't blame you for not bothering with the next one.

Why do new players get so discouraged? I mean aren't they playing the game to see what its all about, and experimenting with the features. If all the goals come as easy as asking someone else to give it to you, why bother playing the game? Not everything will come with a snap of the finger...thats the point, otherwise why would you bother to pay for next months subscription fee? ...silly little sims...

D

donnallg

Not alot of the newbies that are coming in ever played the offline game. It helped me alot when I started playing because I new the basics of the game. So I was willing to do what was needed, like skilling, to make more money.