• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can I have a Bank vault instead of a house ?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Max storage bank vault instead of in my house (couldnt figure out how to edit the title.) You go in any town bank, go through the vault door and it opens up into your instanced vault. All of my little precious's could be stored there in containers or displayed just like a house, but limited to a single 18x18 floor. The house I live in would be a small tower one month, or a log cabin the next, or hell a tent if we still had those. Castle owners can keep their castles if they want. I know I know, I can downsize, throw a bunch of my crap away and live in a smaller house right now. I just thought I'd toss bank vault out there because I brought it up in GC to thunderous silence.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Would only house owners have a bank vault? This would be storage in addition to a house? Otherwise I could close house-holding accounts on a couple shards and just use a bank vault.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I highly doubt UO can do instanced map areas. Just look what kind of a workaround they had to implement to make Shadowguard appear instanced. They just added like 10 or 20 stock rooms on the map and then decorate them with dynamic items for whichever instance of the encounter your are on at that time. That is most noteable on EC as half of the room is simply not decorated all the time (like this: ).

Going back to the enterable bank vault that would mean they had to add a land mass with enough free spaces to allow people to rent one piece of the actual real estate. And then when all spots are rented out, they can only shut the doors or enlarge the map. So in effect they could also just open land masses in malas for house placement, which i guess should be less effort than adding a new system + landmass.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Best option UO would have to do anything like this would be to make the bank box itself much larger, allowing you to put a lot of different containers inside of it to keep it all organized. Double the size of a secret chest would do the trick.

However, I doubt UO would ever do anything like this.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Access to your bank vault could very easily be done from your own house. They have said in the past this will not happen though as there will be zero reason for people to visit Towns anymore and thus another nail in the Community coffin.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Access to your bank vault could very easily be done from your own house. They have said in the past this will not happen though as there will be zero reason for people to visit Towns anymore and thus another nail in the Community coffin.
You would have to visit the town to access your vault, it could sort of revitalize towns, sort of. Just an idea really, if all of mine were great, i'd get a big head. :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If they were so worried about nailing that Coffin then they NEVER should have made repair deeds. They haven't given a crap about community in years. Of late it's all about feeding the greed. So if it don't generate greed, rares, or calm the PvPers then forget it.

Kinda like asking for more storage space. I don't need a bank Vault. What I need is a purchasable addition to my plot like a "Dungeon" that you get a teleport like tile that is styled (chose-able each time you put it down) as either a trap door, a ladder sticking out of a hole or just a "magical symbol" or something. (Certainly colored differently than the current teleporters)... and you put that in your house and it "creates" a plot for you in the blackness somewhere that is 32x32. There you can build using all kinds of tiles including dungeon tiles and cave wall tiles to create your "dungeon" which is only 1 level. It would also have the shackles placeable and "piles of treasure" as tiles in the custom design mode. But it would have the storage space of a Castle. When you want to take the Teleporter down and move it though it'll be somewhat like collapsing a house. But all the stuff will end up in your house's moving crate. You'll have the same time to remove it as you do with a transfer crate. Since these teleporters have to be tied to an existing house you can't use them on shards you don't have housing... unless a friend lets you place one in their house. And they should be limited to 1 per account. Now they could charge me 25 bucks for the expansion and add/or 1 or 2 bucks a month to my monthly charge for using it... But at least I'd get some storage space.

Ossy

Adventurer
Maybe a system that chooses between placing a house or renting a bank vault/renting an apartment in town.

Not everybody would want a house.

I love the basement idea, but maybe not 32x32, 18x18 max or something. Maybe it matches the footprint of your house?

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Personally, I'd love to see storage be decoupled from house size. I have several castles and keeps. I only actually USE one castle; the others have a small area with bag piles, and are a total waste of space. I'd far prefer a few 7x7's tucked near the castle.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
It's the lack of lockdowns that keep me from playing other shards much; for instance, if I got a turtle egg on another shard, what would I do with it? I can't lock down an incubator. So I wouldn't mind if a "bank vault" wasn't even decorated, just someplace I could share stuff between accounts and use lockdowns.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's the lack of lockdowns that keep me from playing other shards much; for instance, if I got a turtle egg on another shard, what would I do with it? I can't lock down an incubator. So I wouldn't mind if a "bank vault" wasn't even decorated, just someplace I could share stuff between accounts and use lockdowns.
This is true I've thought about that on a number of shards where I have Tamers and no home.