• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can Housing Teleport Tiles Be Dyed?

U

unified

I purchased a few of the housing teleport tiles from UOGameCodes, and I think they are fantastic. One major problem I have with them is that there is no way to tell their set destination. They all look alike and you can't dye them to aid in identifying their destination.

Is this the same case with the tiles offered as vet rewards. I have two unused vet rewards and I'd rather have those tiles since you don't have to recharge them. But I am more interested in dying them so that I can tell their destination.

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been thinking about the teleport tiles being dyeable for the past 3 days or so. It would really be nice if we could dye them. I am using tile sets to get to different parts of the castle and now I have runes locked down on my tiles to remind me where they go.

There is a House of Commons meeting this evening. I will add a question about dyed teleport tiles to Fayled's thread. Maybe they will answer or at least see the request and perhaps add it to the UO to-do list.

BlissMarie

U

unified

Thanks, BlissMarie.

Your idea of using runes is fantastic. I will use this as well until a better method is provided. :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made some statuettes with masonry in different colors then I've engraved it... but I remember that few months after adding the house teleporter the devs said that they want to add an engraving tool for it... but they forget about this :(

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made some statuettes with masonry in different colors then I've engraved it... but I remember that few months after adding the house teleporter the devs said that they want to add an engraving tool for it... but they forget about this :(
I hadn't heard that before, Pinco. That would be nice!
Maybe they will get to it before too long.

U

unified

I remember someone else mentioning this some time ago, Pinco. Still hasn't happened. If the tiles could be dyed, then it would make for an easier solution for friends of my houses, etc. Example, if one of my houses had red steps, then that tile could be red.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember someone else mentioning this some time ago, Pinco. Still hasn't happened. If the tiles could be dyed, then it would make for an easier solution for friends of my houses, etc. Example, if one of my houses had red steps, then that tile could be red.
yes, colored teleporter would help a lot to recognize where you are going :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah we use the stone statues and engrave them. Works pretty well.