• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can free accounts be roomies or not?

• Thread starter imported_herk1287
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

I do not see how they would handle the part, where *free accounts* can not own property, or only own a certain size of property and still let them be roomies in large lots......

It does not seem compatible with the way they have talked about those accounts working, and my guess would be, that *free* will not be allowed to be roomies.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

The impression I keep getting is that there will be no free trial to "play" the game. Free accounts will allow people to visit the game but not actually play.
Free access to EALand but no more free trials to play TSO.

D

Dogsoffour

With these unlimited trials, I can definatly see people packing their houses full of their own sims. I hope they consider visitor time when limiting these trials.

G

Free access to EALand

Limited to free access to TC3 only. When the production cities are merged into EALand, most people will go back to them, leaving TC3 as empty as TC was before Luc came onto the scene. Not a good way to impress new players.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

With these unlimited trials, I can definatly see people packing their houses full of their own sims. I hope they consider visitor time when limiting these trials.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe anyone is that concerned with visitor time now that there is no visitor bonuses.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Im confuses what gracie said

[/ QUOTE ]
The Visitor bonus and the Top 100 bonus no longer exist in TC3 - only in the production cities. Once EA Land (ugh) opens they will be gone altogether.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Free access to EALand

Limited to free access to TC3 only. When the production cities are merged into EALand, most people will go back to them, leaving TC3 as empty as TC was before Luc came onto the scene. Not a good way to impress new players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only that, but TC3 is a test city, full of bugs. Not the best advertisement

I

imported_DutchAmerica

The subscription 'revamp' phase is still very early in it's overhaul.

Just prior to EA pulling trial accounts into TC3 and away from the production cities. There was a huge surge in trial account abuse by 'certain' players. Those "I OWNZZZZZZ....." folks.

Early in the discussions here at Stratics it was discussed how 'trials/freebies' would be handled. There was to be a 'downtown' area where 'freebies' could find 'green up' areas and maybe a small room to rent because they would not be allowed to own property or roomie anywhere else.

Now that the 'bonus' is gone, they might consider allowing them to roomie.

I really would not like to see freebies/trials be allowed to own land in the regular game because "Ownzzz" needs to go away for good or at least pay for it.

G

The biggest obstacle, to free account roomies, is the current inheritance rules for the game.....when the owner leaves the property, the oldest roomie inherits. Easy enough to then populate a "I OWNZZZ" neighborhood.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

The biggest obstacle, to free account roomies, is the current inheritance rules for the game.....when the owner leaves the property, the oldest roomie inherits. Easy enough to then populate a "I OWNZZZ" neighborhood.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, good point there.

Guess the freebies will have to stay in their little rentals. That will 'entice' them to change over to a premium subscription?

G

<blockquote><hr>

The subscription 'revamp' phase is still very early in it's overhaul.

Just prior to EA pulling trial accounts into TC3 and away from the production cities. There was a huge surge in trial account abuse by 'certain' players. Those "I OWNZZZZZZ....." folks.

Early in the discussions here at Stratics it was discussed how 'trials/freebies' would be handled. There was to be a 'downtown' area where 'freebies' could find 'green up' areas and maybe a small room to rent because they would not be allowed to own property or roomie anywhere else.

Now that the 'bonus' is gone, they might consider allowing them to roomie.

I really would not like to see freebies/trials be allowed to own land in the regular game because "Ownzzz" needs to go away for good or at least pay for it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see the point in allowing a free trial to roomie. If they would like to roomie they can pay the fee.
I do support free trials being able to land on player run lots. I know some were against that, but I think that is a good way for them to truly see what the game is about. But no... they can pay to actually roomie/own.
O and on the other topic.

I think bugs in TC3 is the best advertisement! At least for me, playing TC all those years, I truly love a good bug hunt.

I'm silly like that though.

M

momthing

Does anyone know if a person can have a free trial account if they've been a TSO subscriber in the past?

I wouldn't mind trying it out again just to see if the game has evolved enough that I'd want to re-sub...and the idea of being able to rent a little room in a downtown area intrigues me.

I've always thought that Sims should start in a rental room anyway, and work their way up to a house.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Does anyone know if a person can have a free trial account if they've been a TSO subscriber in the past?

I wouldn't mind trying it out again just to see if the game has evolved enough that I'd want to re-sub...and the idea of being able to rent a little room in a downtown area intrigues me.

I've always thought that Sims should start in a rental room anyway, and work their way up to a house.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mom,

Yes even if you had an account in the past you can sign up for a trial. It would not be the same account however, when you do the download there will be steps to set up the free trial.

If you choose to, welcome back!