• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Can fishing get stuck?

R

Rowdydude

i have been at 65 for the last 3 days not even getting my ggs

fishing from shore and docks my understanding is you fish deep water at 75

any thought

i have checked my skills
i change the skill it was drawing from
i dropped it to 64.5 and regained the last .5 back to 65

Thanks

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You probably just need to move out a little closer to deep water. I'm pretty sure that at the levels closer to deep water fishing that you won't gain from being on shore anymore. Try getting a ship and going out from shore one tile at a time until you get a gain.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could also try to fish from docks that reach deep(er) water. Zento and New Magincia are fine.

R

Rowdydude

Thanks for the help

I got my boat and simply moved one tile away from the shore at a time until i gained then fished that strip i am at 77 now and fishing deep water

thanks again

J

Jonah-Fla

Get a "Crystal Ball of Knowledge" and put it in your back pack and turn it on.

When your fishing watch to get the message "optimal", thats when you gain skill points.

Even at 65 if you go deep water fishing (more then 15 tiles away from land) you will suceed at times and get the .1 gains

It took me about a week of casual fishing (6 to 8 hours per day) to go from 30 to 100

I used uoassist to help me so I did not have to click the mouse a million times :)

Just my 2 cents