• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can factions and order vs chaos fight in the other lands?

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Like Ishenar, Umbra and such

[/ QUOTE ]
Factions can't fight in any trammel rule set place.

C/o is gone.

G

Why would you want to fight to protect your base or sigil on other facets when your bases and sigils are all in Fel though? I don't think there would be any benefit in spreading out a thin population of PvPers any more than they are already.

Wenchy

G

The fact is some comes to faction for 30 min fun and then tail back to tram and banksit. If faction was able to hunt down each other every where it would be a big diffrence.

G

Ohh forgot we all alway got one safe spot and it is in our own houses.

G

It would hurt the already small faction population if it was spread in any way over other facets though. If someone wanted to join factions and then live in Tram, just ensure there are no benefits to it. I've got no interest in tracking down factioners beyond Fel. As long as they're not getting any perks and ideally can't vote in a CL, they can come and go as they like.

Wenchy

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

The fact is some comes to faction for 30 min fun and then tail back to tram and banksit. If faction was able to hunt down each other every where it would be a big diffrence.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to nod my head in agreement but in disgust at the same time it doesnt matter, currently looking at a shadowlord TB and minax member in fel yew chitchatting, and working together.

Nope not even inside Felucca do they continuesly fight

G

How har it my sounds i still think if you agreed to pvp you must stand for it.
The best of all worlds would be that folks joined faction becous they
1 play UO in a way that is wery fun and chalange
2 You can benfit from the game you otherways cant
3You will be part of a big comunety

The negative side will be that you alway must look behind you on every facet.

The problem now is that 2 and 3 dont exist. Will 2 be inplemented 3 will come whit next train.

G

I would prefer if factioners were never able to just recall to a tram facet and be safe. But we don't have the population for it in factions now, and players who go hunting down factioners in Tram wouldn't be in Fel guarding sigils, bases and raiding either.

If we made it that faction chars couldn't leave Fel that would obviously put some players off altogether, so that's not a good answer.

There just isn't an easy solution. But at the current state of play, I think it would be damaging to spread faction fights over a wider area.

Also, there is precious little unique content in Fel as it is, so let's not allow factions to be pulled into Tram as well.

Wenchy

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Factions should be run on production shards as it is on Siege. Every facet is open to faction fighting. It's not like the production shards do much with factions anyway. Siege has one of the largest factions groups with possibly the smallest shard population.

I think this reflects on the types of players that stick to production shards...la

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming they bring back the order/chaos system the way it was designed then yes it was across all rulesets (Fel, Tram).

G

I can onlly hope. It used to be fun to go into trammel looking for oranges to steal from.

To say they were surprised would be an understatement...la

G

GNecromancer

Because it would add more risk and intensity being part of factions if you could actually be hunted by other faction members outside of felucca... same with how guild wars work, it should be the same.

The fact you can join a faction and just easily escape to trammel or anywhere else in a flash without risk of being persuit is too much of a safety net... besides areas like ishenar are set up greatly for pvp, no houses n such.

Although felucca is always the main arena of factions, given that is where the bases exsist and where towns can be taken. So most factions members who still pvp, but it would be nice to still have the risk of being in factions taken to the other realms so you can just hide out there to avoid combat. There is already enough lands and rules protecting people from being attacked by players.

Siege is not a substitute for this.

I

imported_dexdash

on the flip side cant guilds at war fight in all areas?

I

imported_Velvathos

I think by having all your benefictial acts taken away, unless it is a non-faction player, is a HUGE draw back, especially with how small factions are.. I mean, you can't even have a pet transfered to you if the guy isn't in your faction, and that's dumb..

Second is stat loss.. There is nothing we can currently get out of factions, there isn't enough players, this is currently something that makes them less appealing in my opinion.. They took away stat loss for pretty much everything else except factions..

Fighting in every facet would be fun later on for when they get bigger again..

What I would recommend is changing the way faction points/silver works... You would no longer lose points when you die, instead you would gain points as you fight or kill your enemies, you would then use these points to buy "faction only" armor and weapons... Now that would populate the factions..

I

imported_Velvathos

<blockquote><hr>

on the flip side cant guilds at war fight in all areas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, if I had a faction guild I would war as many as I can, cause in Trammel, or anywhere else, if you're at war with another guild, they can perform benefictial acts on you, and that comes in handy...

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

It would hurt the already small faction population if it was spread in any way over other facets though. If someone wanted to join factions and then live in Tram, just ensure there are no benefits to it. I've got no interest in tracking down factioners beyond Fel. As long as they're not getting any perks and ideally can't vote in a CL, they can come and go as they like.

Wenchy

[/ QUOTE ]

You know... I generally agree with you almost all the time but, on this one... I'm going to have to say no.

There is nothing that says this would hurt factions in any-way at all... infact, I think it would actually be kinda cool and give one more reason to join as you'll potentially be able to find fights anywhere (if blue.)

I think the way people abuse factions by joining, obtaining a warhorse and bank sitting (because the faction tiers are bugged) is reason enough to make this happen.

People getting horses that can be resurrected with 0 vet and using them at 0 risk just to reap the full benefit these types of rewards people get by just being in factions.

Its not hard at all.

I

imported_Velvathos

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Wenchy

[/ QUOTE ]

You know... I generally agree with you almost all the time but, on this one... I'm going to have to say no.

There is nothing that says this would hurt factions in any-way at all... infact, I think it would actually be kinda cool and give one more reason to join as you'll potentially be able to find fights anywhere (if blue.)

I think the way people abuse factions by joining, obtaining a warhorse and bank sitting (because the faction tiers are bugged) is reason enough to make this happen.

People getting horses that can be resurrected with 0 vet and using them at 0 risk just to reap the full benefit these types of rewards people get by just being in factions.

Its not hard at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to remember that we get benefits taken away though from joining as a faction as well, we get stat loss when we get killed by another factioneer and all of our nobody outside your faction can't perform any benefictial acts on you.. Night Sight, Bless, Pet Transfer, Heals, can't receive any of it... You ever join a faction and die fighting balrons? It sucks..

What I liked about Order/Chaos, the only thing we received was some cool shields, that anyone can use now, but we got nothing else.. We could fight anywhere, we didn't had benefictial acts and we didn't have stat loss and we could fight anywhere...

G

What I'm also thinking of is that on prod shards folks will just avoid Fel factioning with the risk of looters and reds, when they can do it in Tram instead. Which further empties out Fel. I'm thinking it's extremely unlikely that we'd get any "replacement" content which further undermines Fel's population.

It's one thing for folks to say "we want to fight everywhere," and I'd rather they couldn't hide in Tram, but I can see there would be a really harsh sting in the tail for Fel itself. One step closer IMO to EA turning it into Tram II if it went quiet enough. And the fewer players in Fel, the less justification there is for giving us any content in the future.

And push through makes a joke of battle tactics lol.

Fel would effectively be left with only champs as a unique content. Oh and double resources

Wenchy

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

What I'm also thinking of is that on prod shards folks will just avoid Fel factioning with the risk of looters and reds, when they can do it in Tram instead. Which further empties out Fel. I'm thinking it's extremely unlikely that we'd get any "replacement" content which further undermines Fel's population.

It's one thing for folks to say "we want to fight everywhere," and I'd rather they couldn't hide in Tram, but I can see there would be a really harsh sting in the tail for Fel itself. One step closer IMO to EA turning it into Tram II if it went quiet enough. And the fewer players in Fel, the less justification there is for giving us any content in the future.

And push through makes a joke of battle tactics lol.

Fel would effectively be left with only champs as a unique content. Oh and double resources

Wenchy

[/ QUOTE ]

I think reds should be allowed in tram but, not allowed to fight as aggressors.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think reds should be allowed in tram but, not allowed to fight as aggressors.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think reds should have access to tram and cannot attack other players unless attacked first.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

They should delete Tram, Malas, and Tokuno in an attempt to concentrate the playerbase on a couple facets.

G

Reds in Tram? Arf!

I can hear the old school reds turning in their graves. What has the world come to when our hardened criminals run through the flowery lands of Tram?

I guess it shows how little love Fel has gotten that even the reds are trying to get into Tram. Sad

Wenchy