• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can anyone please help with the Intensity Calculator ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got a Triton that shows up at the Intensity Calculator as 80.89 intensity. Saved Planner | uo-cah.com

Supposedly, it is an intensity which would lead one to think that it is a good Triton, above average, YET, the important stats of this Triton are not as good as one would hope, it looks to me...

I mean, Wrestling is 127.6 which is OK, but not among the very best....

Resisting spells is only 155.9 when the max possible is 190 so, quite underwhelming I would say....

And the Dexterity is only 153 ! I mean, Dexterity is an important stat, right ? It determines the rate of hits so, the higher the better I imagine (dexterity CAP towards hitting rate is at 190 I hear, above 190 it only speeds up the walking of the pet but it does not affect the hitting rate...), and the max possible on a Triton is 220 dexterity.

So, I would judge this Triton as below average YET, the Intensity Calculator tells me a rating of 80.89 which would lead me to think it is a higher end Triton (which I do not think it is, looking at some of the important stats....).

So, what gives ? Am I reading the Intensity Calculator the wrong way ?

I thought that the overall important Stats for a Triton where the overcapped Wrestling and Resisting spells and Dexterity.

Do I need to look at something else to judge whether a Triton is a keeper or to be released ?

Thanks.

Last edited:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something here is not right....

I got another Triton which shows as 83% Intensity.... Saved Planner | uo-cah.com

Yet, Dexterity is only 166, Wrestling is 127.5 and Resisting spells only 154.9 ......

I would never see this as such a good Triton as an intensity of 83% would make me think would be....

So, what gives ? What am I missing here ?

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Max hit dex is 150, max movement stam is 190 and not importent most of the time so anything as close to 150 and still over is the best to have in my opinion. Resist is mostly just for looks does nothing really different above 150. Wrestling on both are very high and the first one has very high str and hp which are the importent stats to check besides wre, it's also gifted with low energy at 85 so it's almost a perfect pet.

The second one has a bit higher energy resit but max hp and close to max str so it's also an almost perfect pet.

*Mixed dex and stamina up, its hit stam is max 150 and max movement is dex 190.

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pet intensity weight is kind of like imbuing weight.... every property or stat has a weight and a cap.

83% of the cap has nothing to do with how well each point of the weight is distributed.

Just like with weapons or armor, you as the player still need to use your brain just a bit to determine if that weight is in the right places for what you want to use it for.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Max hit dex is 150, max movement stam is 190 and not importent most of the time so anything as close to 150 and still over is the best to have in my opinion. Resist is mostly just for looks does nothing really different above 150. Wrestling on both are very high and the first one has very high str and hp which are the importent stats to check besides wre, it's also gifted with low energy at 85 so it's almost a perfect pet.

The second one has a bit higher energy resit but max hp and close to max str so it's also an almost perfect pet.
@Chrille

Thank you for the reply.

Is it from you personal experience that you say that Max Hit Dexterity is Capped at 150 or does it say anywhere ?

It was my understanding, that the Max Hit Dexterity was actually 190, not 150, and that anything past 190 (several pets have Dexterity that goes beyond 190....) only affected the pet's walking speed (which is not bad to have a fast walking pet, by the way....)

As in regards to Resisting Spells, I had no idea that Resisting Spells was not much of an usefull for a pet to have.... I actually thought that it was usefull for a pet to have a very high Resisting Spells stats so as to counter Monster's casting on them Evaluate Intelligence and, thus, be able to resist most spells....

In this post from @PlayerSkillFTW Triton Builds , he mentions that having at least 170 Resisting Spells would grant immunity to the pet from 120 Mage/Eval debuffs/poison.....

Although, this post here Triton Builds indicates that to get immunity from spells debuffs a differential of 80 moght be needed, rather then 50.... so I am not sure, it ets quite confusing....

Is Resisting Spells on a pet a pretty much useless stat above 150 or not ?

So, if I may ask, what Stats one really wants to look at for a Triton in order to consider it a very good pet ?

Only Wrestling ?

You mention that on the Triton I claimed it has almost max Hit Points and Strength but, these 2 stats can be trained up , all the way to 1,100 for Hit Points on a Triton, and to 700 for Strength.

So, why would it be such a big deal if a Triton spawns with Hit Points close to 700 (max possible on an untrained Triton) and Strength close to 250 (max possible on an untrained Triton) ?

I mean, these 2 stats are anyways bound to be raised through Training so, what is the big deal if the Triton spawns with Hit Points and Strength already somewhat high ?

Thank you for the clarifications.

Last edited:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pet intensity weight is kind of like imbuing weight.... every property or stat has a weight and a cap.

83% of the cap has nothing to do with how well each point of the weight is distributed.

Just like with weapons or armor, you as the player still need to use your brain just a bit to determine if that weight is in the right places for what you want to use it for.
Well then, in the case of Tritons, what are, actually, the Stats which tell a Tamer a very good Triton apart from a bad or average one ?

Wrestling of course, as close as possible to 130, I imagine, but what other Stats one is supposed to then look at ?

Furthermore, if a pet's Intensity rating is not what sets apart a good pet from a bad pet, what is this Intensity value good for ?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You mention that on the Triton I claimed it has almost max Hit Points and Strength but, these 2 stats can be trained up , all the way to 1,100 for Hit Points on a Triton, and to 700 for Strength.

So, why would it be such a big deal if a Triton spawns with Hit Points close to 700 (max possible on an untrained Triton) and Strength close to 250 (max possible on an untrained Triton) ?
Because the less points you have to spend on HP's and STR, the more points you have to spend on other stuff! FYI, STR, HP, and resists are the "most costly" things to raise, via training points. It takes 3 tarining points to raise each of those 1 point.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stamina is hit speed, thats why there are no pets that go above 150.

Dexterity is movement speed capped at 190.

Intensity rating works fine when comparing pets that have no overcaps.

When a pet has any overcaps the you have to think more to determine what is better for what you want.

Banes and dreadmares also are not always good to trust the calculator for "best" I would rather have one that has minimum HP and higher Str or resists. Because you are not going to add HP and you have to add Str and resists.

The calculator is a great tool but you also need to know the details of the specific pet.

Last edited:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because the less points you have to spend on HP's and STR, the more points you have to spend on other stuff! FYI, STR, HP, and resists are the "most costly" things to raise, via training points. It takes 3 tarining points to raise each of those 1 point.
I see..... so, basically, besides Wrestling as close to 130 as possible, the one Stats that one would look for a Triton to spawn with is Hit Points as close to 700, Strength to 250 and Resists as close to 55, 60, 55, 45 with the exception of Energy Resist which one would actually NOT want to be too close to 90 so as to be able to raise more one of the other 4 ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stamina is hit speed, thats why there are no pets that go above 150.

Dexterity is movement speed capped at 190.

Intensity rating works fine when comparing pets that have no overcaps.

When a pet has any overcaps the you have to think more to determine what is better for what you want.
Thank you for the explaination.

But then, if Stamina is what sets the hit speed and for pets is Capped at 150, and then Dexterity which determines the movement speed of a pet is capped at 190, why was the Triton created with up to 220 Dexterity as possible to spawn ?

I mean, it looks to me, from your explaination, that any dexterity above 190 does nothing, not even for movement speed.... so why even make it a possibilty for pets to spawn with dexterity higher then 190 if I may ask ?

As in regards what you say about pets' overcaps, well, considering that a Triton spawns with Wrestling, Resisting Spells, Dexterity and Energy Resist as possible overcaps, what thought processes should be followed in order to tell apart a good Triton from a bad or average one ?

Thanks for the clarification.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All Tritons can be built with AI/Chiv. Higher wrestling and higher strength make better ones.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All Tritons can be built with AI/Chiv. Higher wrestling and higher strength make better ones.
@Pawain

Hmmm.. just plain vanilla AI/Chivalry with as high Wrestling one can get and 700 Strength (all skills scrolled up to 120 ?) which is as high as one can train it up to ?

Nothing else, on a high intensity Triton (higher intensity means more points for more abilities to pick....) could be usefull to make it for a better Triton ?

For example, would Rune Corruption as an additional Special Ability be a good addition to a Triton with Armor Ignore and Chivalry, to further increase the damage that the Triton might deliver?

What about Repel, for example, which reflect 50% of the incominf damage onto the attacker ?

Or Mana Drain (or Concussion Blow which also drains Mana to the Triton from the Target...) which could help towards maintaining Mana up for the Triton to support longer its mana needs to use Armor Ignore more often (a 30 mana cost) and cast its Chivalry spells for longer ? Or would most high end Bosses "resist" Mana Drain/Concussion Blow from the Triton thus making it a pointless special to want to train on a Triton ?

Or something else ? Or just nothing but Armor Ignore and Chivalry ?

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can build what ever you want to do less damage. Up to you.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can build what ever you want to do less damage. Up to you.
Why to do "less" damage ?

I am trying to find a build that would maximize the damage from the Triton, not lessen it....

The reason that I am asking for advice, is that I often see Tritons' Damage output builds indicated as Armor Ignore and Chivalry, that's it.

Perhaps, with most Tritons that is the most that one can do with the training points available....

But "what if", one happens to get a Triton with a better intensity and, thus, more training points available to spend ?

Where would be this "extra" training points better spent if one wanted to maximize a Triton's damage output ?

This is where I am looking for advice from experienced Tamers.... higher intensity pets are harder to come by, and training cannot be reverted....

So, before one actually "ruins" a higher intensity pet with a build which will then not work, isn't it better to get advice from experienced Tamers in order not to make mistakes and ruin a harder to come by pet ?

Is it better to spend points in a 2nd special ability ?

Or maybe spend extra points in 120 power scrolls ? All of them, some of them, or just Chivalry ?

Or spend them instead in extra Hit Points ? Or in more Mana ?

Is it important to have Stamina Regen set to 30 to sustain a higher hit rate or lower Stamina Regen like 10 or 20 would be just fine thus saving up training points to spend elsewhere ?

As I said, the goal is to train up a Triton that was to make the most damage possible.... I did notice that, when they run out of Mana, their damage suffers quite a lowering... this is why I asked whether, as a 2nd ability, Mana Drain or Concussion Blow which both gets Mana to the pet, were a valid expenditure of training points for a pet.... but maybe they are better spent in intelligence which also raises the mana regeneration rate (the higher the intelligence the higher the mana regeneration rate, I seem to understand....).

Thanks.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The reason that I am asking for advice, is that I often see Tritons' Damage output builds indicated as Armor Ignore and Chivalry, that's it.
Because that's what does the most single target damage on any pet. Therefor anything else does less.

All pets live off of mana regen when the mana drops to zero the pet does not lose its damage production.
If you actually played a tamer and paid attention you would know this.

There are other options to make pets do other things. I made a thread with a bunch of Triton builds.

here.

Some of the pictures went poof when the forum changed but the words are there.

Also the Cah has builds. I doubt any recommend repel.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because that's what does the most single target damage on any pet. Therefore anything else does less.

All pets live off of mana regen when the mana drops to zero the pet does not lose its damage production.
The need to have a pet do "less" rather then more, in order to have it not waste Mana on a number of things and so not have enough for what the Tamer might want the pet to do, I do have seen it as reported in several posts and Tamers' Threads.

So, I got that.

Nonetheless, if Mana is the "big" issue when it comes to a pet delivering as much damage as possible for the longer time, my question is, "if" the Intensity of the pet was to sustain a 2nd special ability, why not then, for example, at least add Mana Drain or Concussion Blow which also both gets Mana to the pet ?

Yet, I see no Triton build that recommends the use, where possible, of Mana Drain or Concussion Blow as a 2nd special.....

Most builds either pick FWW, or Armor Pierce, or an Aos (Goo seems to be the most preferred one...) and Conductive Blast...

There is also discordance of opinions, I tend to see, which make things, particularly for an inexperienced Tamer, confusing....

For example, one of the Triton builds using Feint in the Thread that you mention, also considers Armor Ignore. The Guide for Tritons' training on UO CAH, when it comes to the Feint build, mentions that it is best to not put anything else along with Feint to precisely avoid the Triton use less Feint to do something else.... so, an inexperienced Tamer that wanted a Tanking triton which Feint, which build should follow, the one that also has Armor Ignore or the one that only uses Feint ?

Another example, in the Triton builds Thread, in this Post here Triton Builds it is indicated that a higher Resisting Spell (170+) might grant immunity from debuffing spells from most MoBs to 120 Mage/Eval debuffs/poison.

And here Triton Builds , it is better explained

Yeah, when the target has 50.0+ more Resist than the caster has Eval/SS (for most debuffs) or Magery (for Poison), then the spell has 100% chance to fail, and it just flat out fizzes when attempting to cast on such a high Resist target. At 170+ Resist, the pet is basically immune to debuff spells and the Poison spell, since VERY few creatures have above 120 Magery/Eval. Basically only the Abyssmal Horror (200 Magery/Eval) and Shimmering Effusion (150 Magery/Eval) have a chance of debuffing such a high Resist target.
Yet, in this other Post here Triton Builds , someone else says differently....

120 Eval vs 190 Resisting Spells will still debuff for 1%, which means a Chiv pet will still spend mana to use Remove Curse.

For a debuff to actually fizzle, it needs to hit 0% potency (Which ends up being 80 skill difference).
So, what should an inexperienced Tamer conclude ? That having a Triton with very high Resisting spells, higher then 170 is important because it gives immunity to 120 Mage/Eval debuffs/poison, or it is not a stat that is so crucial to have since, even at 190 Resisting Spells, 120 Mage/Eval MoBs will still debuff the Triton and thus cause it to have to use Mana to counter the debuff ?

What I am trying to say is, that I a finding it really difficult to find informations which can help an inexperienced Tamer to actually be able to start the training of their pet without worries that they might be actually ruining it.....

For lower or average intensity pets, it is not a big issue, I imagine, but what about higher intensity pets which are hard to come by and require a whole lot of work to get ?

As we know, a pet's training cannot be reverted, once a mistake is done, it unfortunately stays with the pet....

So, especially for high intensity pets, harder to come by, a whole lot of causiousness and worries are normal, I would imagine... and different opinions on builds, even from experienced Tamers, surely do not help making up the mind on what Training to follow.... there is always the worry to have made mistakes and irremediably have ruined a high intensity pet build that cost so much work and time to come by....

I doubt any recommend repel.
Well, in this post here Repel or Searing Wounds? , it is mentioned

Repel does reduce incoming damage when active. Searing Wounds is mostly useless in my opinion. Graping Claw can be good, but it depends on the pet and what you are fighting.
Now, I do not understand whether, from reading the sentence, it merely indicates what Repel is supposed to do (reduce incoming damage when active), or whether it might or nor intend to indicate that Repel might be something one might want to have on a pet's build....

Life Leech, for example, I saw this Post from @PlayerSkillFTW here Life Leech. where I seem to understand that this Special Ability can be a good addition to pets like a Saurosaurus, or an Ossein Ram, for example.... It is necessary though, to remember not to use pets with Life Leech against MoBs with Corrupted Life, for example Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer or Corgul, because then, their Life Leech would end up damaging the pet.

So, an inexperienced Tamer might wonder, for a tanking Triton with Feint, and enough training points to add another Special Ability, would Life Leech be a good addition ? Yet, the Triton training Guide on UO CAH Web site, for example Triton Training Guide | uo-cah.com , when it describes the Feint build, specifically says

As tempting as it may be, do not add Armor Ignore or any other abilities to the pet. You want Feint and only Feint to be used as much as possible.
What I am saying is, that maybe for you guys experienced Tamers all might seem clear and easy.... but to an inexperienced Tamer like me, it is all VERY confusing with so many varied and different opinions on pets' Builds..... and when it comes to having to train up high intensity pets which are hard to come by and take a lot of work and time to find, the concern and worries to make mistakes which cannot then be reverted, is sky high.....

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We put mana regen to max and set Intel to 370 so the pet regen mana.
Mana has not been a problem for 4 years, why are you making it one now?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We put mana regen to max and set Intel to 370 so the pet regen mana.
Mana has not been a problem for 4 years, why are you making it one now?
Because I keep hearing the argument to "limit" the Specials that a pet has, to "preserve" Mana consumption.....

Therefore, one would come to think, there does is a need for Mana....

And I do have a pet with 370 Intelligence and Mana Regen set to max and it does run out of Mana if the fight is with a higher end Boss.... so, one would figure, "additional" ways to secure Mana to a pet (for example using as a 2nd Special Mana Drain or Concussion Blow) could be beneficial, wouldn't they be ?

Yet, I do not see them being used much or, at least, not being discussed as valid, viable and suggested options by more experienced Tamers, as additional Specials to train for a pet build....

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And I do have a pet with 370 Intelligence and Mana Regen set to max and it does run out of Mana if the fight is with a higher end Boss.... so, one would figure, "additional" ways to secure Mana to a pet (for example using as a 2nd Special Mana Drain or Concussion Blow) could be beneficial, wouldn't they be ?
Because pet AI is stupid. They use abilities randomly. You keep thinking that you are going to figure something out that nobody else has figured out, but pub 96 was like 4 years ago. It has all been done before. At this point, you can only learn from those who have tested all of this thoroughly. Go ahead and try to invent the wheel again, nobody is going to stop you, but you are wasting your time.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because I keep hearing the argument to "limit" the Specials that a pet has, to "preserve" Mana consumption.....

Therefore, one would come to think, there does is a need for Mana....

Yet, I do not see them being used much or, at least, not being discussed as valid, viable and suggested options by more experienced Tamers, as additional Specials to train for a pet build....
It does not have to do with mana it has to do with the pet doing abilities that the tamer does not want them to do.

Your pet runs out of mana but it continues to regen and do specials and magic just fine.

You clearly do not use a pet often.

I told you to do AI/Chiv, so you would make a good pet. Stop over analyzing it.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have a suggestion Popps, take the triton and add mana drain and everything else you want and train the pet. After you do that, fully skill it, then test it out on high end mobs.
Report back here with the results.
Talking and talking and repeating yourself isn’t going to solve this “mystery“ you think you found. Only building the pet the way you want to will solve this. I seriously doubt anyone here will do this for you.
Best of luck to you sir.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well then, in the case of Tritons, what are, actually, the Stats which tell a Tamer a very good Triton apart from a bad or average one ?

Wrestling of course, as close as possible to 130, I imagine, but what other Stats one is supposed to then look at ?

Furthermore, if a pet's Intensity rating is not what sets apart a good pet from a bad pet, what is this Intensity value good for ?
Pet intensity is an objective measure that can be applied universally to pets. “Good” is a subjective measure based on the observers desired goals.

You can use the intensity calculator for the first... you’re going to need to use your brain for the second.

Specialist

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for the explaination.

But then, if Stamina is what sets the hit speed and for pets is Capped at 150, and then Dexterity which determines the movement speed of a pet is capped at 190, why was the Triton created with up to 220 Dexterity as possible to spawn ?

I mean, it looks to me, from your explaination, that any dexterity above 190 does nothing, not even for movement speed.... so why even make it a possibilty for pets to spawn with dexterity higher then 190 if I may ask ?
your asking y the game developers allowed them to spawn with more then the cap. My uneducated guess would be because some creatures can cast debuffs that reduce dex or stamina so if u have a pet that is overcapped and they get hit with a debuff the penalty they get from the debuff may not reduce them below the cap and not affect their performance in battle.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
your asking y the game developers allowed them to spawn with more then the cap. My uneducated guess would be because some creatures can cast debuffs that reduce dex or stamina so if u have a pet that is overcapped and they get hit with a debuff the penalty they get from the debuff may not reduce them below the cap and not affect their performance in battle.
Ergo : Overcap magic resist is awesome as well.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it's also gifted with low energy at 85 so it's almost a perfect pet.
I actually prefer higher Energy Resist on Tritons. Energy is the third most important Resist (Physical > Fire > Energy > Cold > Poison) in most cases. So i would much rather have a Triton with 80/80/60/55/90, than a Triton with 80/80/60/60/85.

For example, would Rune Corruption as an additional Special Ability be a good addition to a Triton with Armor Ignore and Chivalry, to further increase the damage that the Triton might deliver?

What about Repel, for example, which reflect 50% of the incominf damage onto the attacker ?

Or Mana Drain (or Concussion Blow which also drains Mana to the Triton from the Target...) which could help towards maintaining Mana up for the Triton to support longer its mana needs to use Armor Ignore more often (a 30 mana cost) and cast its Chivalry spells for longer ? Or would most high end Bosses "resist" Mana Drain/Concussion Blow from the Triton thus making it a pointless special to want to train on a Triton ?
Tritons cannot learn Rune Corruption. Only Beetles can. Repel is pretty crappy, it has a chance to proc when hit and sucks down Mana for not much damage in return.
Mana Drain doesn't even work right now, and is a complete waste. Concussion Blow doesn't give Mana to the attacker. It temporarily reduces the victim's current Mana by a %, and returns most of that to them after a few seconds (although not all of it).

Although, this post here Triton Builds indicates that to get immunity from spells debuffs a differential of 80 moght be needed, rather then 50.... so I am not sure, it ets quite confusing....
Khyro was correct. Most debuff spells fizz at 80 more Resist than Eval/SS. Poison follows a different calculation though since it's based on Magery.

Some abilities can lower DEX without any Resist Spells check. The "Despair" ability of Dread Horn lowers all stats by 20 (can't be resisted), and Tail Swipe has a chance of inflicting a DEX debuff.

Life Leech, for example, I saw this Post from @PlayerSkillFTW here Life Leech. where I seem to understand that this Special Ability can be a good addition to pets like a Saurosaurus, or an Ossein Ram, for example.... It is necessary though, to remember not to use pets with Life Leech against MoBs with Corrupted Life, for example Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer or Corgul, because then, their Life Leech would end up damaging the pet.
In order to apply Life Leech to a Triton, you'd have to apply Necromancy first, which is like 1,500 TP. Not worth using up an entire training level, just to apply Necro then Life Leech, and swap the Necro for Chiv. Especially since the Triton already innately has Healing. The Ossein Ram innately has Life Leech, and can easily be swapped to Chiv+AI from Battle Defense.

Here's what a very good, max damage (Chiv+AI) Triton looks like. He still has enough TP left to 120 all his skills when i get the PS for it.
Poseidon.PNG

Last edited:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is a possible explaination although, considering that the performance in Battle, I understand, is determined by their Stamina which governs their hitting rate, and this is capped at 150, there is ample margin, I would imagine, even by staying at the 190 dexterity CAP... having 220 dexterity as possible on a Triton seems to me difficult to explain.
I actually prefer higher Energy Resist on Tritons. Energy is the third most important Resist (Physical > Fire > Energy > Cold > Poison) in most cases. So i would much rather have a Triton with 80/80/60/55/90, than a Triton with 80/80/60/60/85.

Tritons cannot learn Rune Corruption. Only Beetles can. Repel is pretty crappy, it has a chance to proc when hit and sucks down Mana for not much damage in return.
Mana Drain doesn't even work right now, and is a complete waste. Concussion Blow doesn't give Mana to the attacker. It temporarily reduces the victim's current Mana by a %, and returns most of that to them after a few seconds (although not all of it).

Khyro was correct. Most debuff spells fizz at 80 more Resist than Eval/SS. Poison follows a different calculation though since it's based on Magery.

Some abilities can lower DEX without any Resist Spells check. The "Despair" ability of Dread Horn lowers all stats by 20 (can't be resisted), and Tail Swipe has a chance of inflicting a DEX debuff.

In order to apply Life Leech to a Triton, you'd have to apply Necromancy first, which is like 1,500 TP. Not worth using up an entire training level, just to apply Necro then Life Leech, and swap the Necro for Chiv. Especially since the Triton already innately has Healing. The Ossein Ram innately has Life Leech, and can easily be swapped to Chiv+AI from Battle Defense.

Here's what a very good, max damage (Chiv+AI) Triton looks like. He still has enough TP left to 120 all his skills when i get the PS for it.
View attachment 115922
Thank you @PlayerSkillFTW for the very helpfull post !

From the various posts, I seem to understand that, when it comes to Damage per Second (DPS), there is nothing better then simple Vanilla Chivalry + Armor Ignore.... even if the Triton was to permit a 2nd Ability, pretty much most Tamers do not recommend anything but only Chivalry and Armor Ignore....

Your Triton, I seem to understand, also only has Chivalry and Armor Ignore....

So, if a 2nd Ability is not advisable, in case one has a High Intensity Triton that frees up more Training points, aside from scrolling up all skills to 120, where else would the points be advisable to be spent ?

All in more intelligence so as to increase the Mana Regen rate ?

Or perhaps in Mana to have a Mana pool that is larger ?

Or maybe in Hit Points to have the Triton have a larger buffer to sustain high end MoBs ?

Split them evenly among these 3 stats ?

I mean, if one has a few hundreds extra points and a 2nd Ability is not advisable, and Strength is already at 700, all Regens maxed out, all scrolls 120ed, where could these extra points be more wisely be spent in accordance to the pet's goal which is to make it a DPS hard hitting and high damage doing pet ?

Thanks.

Last edited: