• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can anyone help with UOAssist?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have used UOA for years now and never encountered this issue. I can record a macro and target something just fine. But when I play the macro, when it gets to the line to target instead of targeting now it just brings my cursor up wanting me to target it manually. I have tried recording the macro both ways, one where I target the health bar, the other way of actually targeting the creature. Neither is working. This happens if I target myself, any animal or monster. Any ideas to fix this?

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
before you make the macro "count resources"
you always have to do that.

then once done you may have to add a pause just before if you find its not 'hitting' the target in time.
depending on what your doing.

if your using a consumable like bandaids then you should also right click on that line and set it to 'use item type' instead of 'use item'

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
also you wont be able to target a animal on monster with a macro as once its dead that animal id is gone, and i dont think you can set it to a "use item type" for animals.
only consumables.

you could use the ultima macro maker, it would be complicated to do, but something along the lines of:
target closest hostile (or mobile)
attack selected

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
before you make the macro "count resources"
you always have to do that.

then once done you may have to add a pause just before if you find its not 'hitting' the target in time.
depending on what your doing.

if your using a consumable like bandaids then you should also right click on that line and set it to 'use item type' instead of 'use item'
Thank you! Got it working :)

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Any combat macros I have don't have a target line at all. I require the gunsight to make sure I get the right mob. I had an issue with bandage self macro the other day - after I counted resources twice. It would not recognize the enhanced bandages until I double-clicked them once. THEN it worked fine. Go figure.

Reactions: S_S

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any combat macros I have don't have a target line at all. I require the gunsight to make sure I get the right mob. I had an issue with bandage self macro the other day - after I counted resources twice. It would not recognize the enhanced bandages until I double-clicked them once. THEN it worked fine. Go figure.
I've had the same issue with bandages ever since the bandaid belts were released.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
If using UOA and the bandage belt, on this particular macro, do not set the bandage to item type, leave it as use item and you won't have any problems, just be sure to top up the belt by dropping bandages of the same color into it so you don't need to reset the item.