• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Begging] Can a red beg?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My character with begging is a side character that basically fulfills whatever skill related needs I have, and I was planing on turning him red.

Since I'm on siege, I cant just SS the skill to a blue character when I want to use it I fear, so I'm hoping that a red can beg.

Just thought I would ask now, so I have time to find another SS and give it to my blue before Halloween rolls back around if not! :D

W

Warrior of Time

Since the change to permit a red in town, and the npc able to react to you. I see no trouble. It is not like your attacking the npc. I would just try it with no skill and see what the reaction is. Just remember that if you try and beg a npc a second time it will tell you to go or even say something like "Guards take the beggar away" Even then nothing should happen. But with no skill points when you start you will get turned down what seems like Forever.
I would try it. Then if the question is asked in here again. You will know the answer better than anyone else in here.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly I wont be going red for quite some time on my GM begger. I have to train up at least 2 skills, then I have to manage to get 5 counts hah.

W

Warrior of Time

Don't scoff at the power of a beggar.
A beggar lends itself well to a mage. It only takes up 100 points. As long as you don't go over 100 on any of the skills the beggar name will still show. (If you ever get to glorious.)

I have been in UO for a very long time. Most times I can think of temples that works well.
100........Example:
100........Begging
100........Magery
100........Eval Int.
100........Resisting spells
100.........Meditation.
Spell Weaving or anything else to make a Gargoyle the last points useful.
Whatever you like with any other points. Whatever you put on just do 2 things. Make sure it don't go over 100 points
and try it out on test.

For now work only 2 skills if you can. Begging and Mage. I am sure that you can come up with some faster cast/ faster cast recovery jewerly.

But this is just a thought.