• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can a bard achieve 40 hit point Regeneration with 18 on Suit PLUS 22 from Resilience active?

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can a bard achieve 40 hit point Regeneration with 18 on Suit PLUS 22 from Resilience actived?

Just wondering like what it would be like if u could do that and gain 4 hp every SECOND while popping Confidence. How quickly ur HP would sky rocket back to full hp. Every 5 seconds gaining 20 HP just from regen and not counting confidence.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i may be mistaken but isnt there a cap on HPR?

i know if days past ive made suits what had 4 HPR on each piece then you slap a bracket of health on with that and your up into the 30's.
but truth be told it wasnt as fun as i somehow imagined it would be.

i somehow dreamed that i would get hit and would instantly have those HP replenished.
but either there is a cap or it just dosnt move as fast as my dreams do, cause it didnt pan out well.

now.
that said.... with the changes to the new loot tables, you can get some really high HPR items.
so its not unconceivable to have like 40 ish from the suit already BEFORE you put on the spell!
i think HPR 9 is what you can get per piece now as a max?

if memory serves i think i was collecting high end regen stuff when all these changes first came out.
if i get time tonight ill look for that bad and see what i have, then slap it on my bard and give it a try and let ya know what i find.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Every point of Hit Point Regeneration adds one tenth (0.1) of a hit point every second (e.g., 10 Hit Point Regeneration on a character will bestow 1 additional hit point per second over the normal hit point regeneration rate).
The intensity of Hit Point Regeneration range is 1 to 2. The maximum total Hit Point Regeneration from non-artifact gear is 12. The maximum useable Hit Point Regeneration is capped at 18.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so ya.
18 looks to be the cap.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
just did a quicky test before i have to get back to work and i put on the spell (22 HPR) and then put on a kryss with 9 HPR and a couple more odds and sods i had laying around, so in the end i had like 38 HPR on me.

damaged myself, it regened.
i took off all the HPR stuff and just had the spell on and did the same.

the regen LOOKS to be about the same.

though it is hard to tell because it does zip along at a fast pace.

and, funny enough, i was able to hit myself out of the spell by doing 20 damage to myself, haha.

when i get home tonight ill get a 50 HPR suit on and put the spell on and see what it does for a comparison.

but im guessing that the cap is still in effect.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
....when i get home tonight ill get a 50 HPR suit on and put the spell on and see what it does for a comparison. but im guessing that the cap is still in effect.
And I'm guessin you'll be correct, Poo....
;)

Z

Zero Day

18 is the Cap for HCI from Items. However the bard abilities are only subject to the item cap limits where they share caps with magical effect limits.
In the case of Damage Increase, the Cap is 100 for both items and magical effects, so it is a shared cap where both add to the same pool. So if you have 100 from items, and 20 from Divine fury, your limit is still 100.

In terms of HP regen, the limit from items is 18. However, I don't believe there is a limit on magical effects. (HP regen in animal forms, necro forms, and confidence) all use magical HP regen effects. Confidence can reach at least 100 HPR at 120 Bushido. (40HP in 4 Secons 10HP/S).

Your best bet is to try a 0 HP regen suit, and a 18 hp regen suit and check the regen rates with the bard abilities on.

Now what I dont know is whether its a shared pool, or a cumulative pool, so that if you get 18 from items and 22 from bard(magic effect), if you are counted as 22 (since magical effect is not capped) OR if its the sum of both effects 40 (18 from items and 22 from magical effects).

I suspect that if you are not noticing much difference then its a shared pool like damage increase but only one is capped, and so if you are at 18 it doesnt bother to add the item effects, so you are in effect just getting 22.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
yes

hahahahhaa, sorry, i find a humor is answering long posts with single words.
ya from what i can tell there seems to be no noticable differance in HPR with the spell on and off when have 18HPR on the suit.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another question.... Does this 18 HP Regen cap apply to PETS/SUMMONS as well? Or is there even a cap when it comes to them? The reason I ask is because a 4x bard can give out 22 in regen to its party or pets/summons. Since players HP Regen cap is at 18... Do summons/pets even have a cap on HP Regen? If they have a cap of 18 then what's the point in being able to distribute 22 hp regen as a 4x bard if the caps 18 for everything?

Z

Zero Day

It applies to summons/pets. Pet HP Regen cap from items is 18, If a bard is putting out 22, then the player is at minimum 22. Not sure if you get the higher of items and magical regeneration So if you have 18 on suit and 22 from bard you get 22, OR 40 but you definitely get the 22.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
does your pet get that HPR?

i never noticed it?

now i gotta find out!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tested this with spellweaving and when my pixies got 16 HP Regen from being 2x bard there health went from red lined back to full VERY quickly... I don't know though if they would benefit from 4x bard with the 22 regen or not though, if they do then it'd be even quicker but the 4x bard is so tight of a template I mean u couldnt do anything really.

Z

Zero Day

Pets definitely benefit from the masteries.
Summons you may need to verify, the recent patch touched on some flagging/bene issue for bards so I dont know if the abilities still apply to summons. But if the patch didnt break that then the bonuses do transfer to summons.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
work got busy, people are dieing to meet me, haha, get it, i work on a ambulance.... people are dieing to meet me..... come on that was funny!
anyways, i got busy but ill try to get out later today and try it with both pets and summons.

cheers!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
well slap my a...... well color me happy, this is kinda cool!

i dont play any peace tamers anymore, so i dont get to use the peace masteries with pets anymore, but i took out a pure 120x4 bard tonight and went into the twisted W to try some swoops with just plain no earth elementals.

and i must admit, this is cool!

i disco the swoops then put on my bard mastery then bring out the 2 earth ele's and i just stand there.
i dont heal them or anything and they kill the swoop!

i put on both masteries and they kill the swoop pretty quick actually!

i cant beleive the HP regen is that quick on those guys that they dont even come close to getting killed.
now, i did notice the HP regen is no where fast enough to keep them alive against a wild Cu Sidhe.
but im thinking that some normal pets like a trained cu or a greater would probably see the huge benefit to this tactic.

now, keep in mind that disco is doing a lot there, but still, very very neat.

heres something to think about.
you have 2 or 3 bards.
one runs the peace masteries.
so you get the 22 HPR, MR and SR pluse the 30 defense chance and -30 to damage taken plus the casting focus.
then you have another tamer bard, he runs the the provo mastery.
so he gets your pets the stats buff plus the HCI, DCI and DI increase.
then the third tamer is a plain disco bard.
discoing the stuff your killing.
can we spell wrecking ball?

so say each guy has a greater.
or, better yet, one guy has a pimped out greater that is being the meat shield.
guy 2 has a beetle mare combo, so the beetle is giving us the armor corruption and the nox.
guy 3, pack of ozzies maybe....

hrmmmmm
*evil mind starts to turn*

Z

Zero Day

Whenever you get 2 bards running masteries it tends to mean a whole lotta trouble for the targets.
:)

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can u imagine having invigorate, inspire, resilience, AND preserverence up at the fel yew gate from 2 bards sitting in guard zone... So you go out and attack whoever and whatever knowin ull be safe pretty much

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
i may be mistaken but isnt there a cap on HPR?

I remember them talking about doing away with the "hard caps" and moving to diminishing return scale. I want to say Draconi was the first one to actually mention it. Unless I am wrong {which I am often here lately lol} the diminishing return deal was implemented a little whle back. You can build as much regen on a suit, and use all the other regen aids to go above the old hard cap. Once you hit a certain point level of regen the returns you get are so miniscule it's not worth having it as a mod. Or that's how it was pitched in theory.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you are right, but i THINK, think being the key word here, that mana regen was the only one that actually got moved over into that new way

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ahhh, ok. That could be, mr is honestly the only one I worry with. I haven't looked into the masteries at all on my bard yet. With those kind of bumps I dang sure will tho.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ill admit i only use the disco ones on my disco tamers.
and my pure bards i use the provo ones for my summons and Vollems.
but now that ive been playing with the peace ones im pretty damn impressed!

with the ability to switch back and forth between masteries i find i am doing that a lot.

that 22 MR bump is nice, hehe.

Phangs_of_Phage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Can you use a mastery while in animal form. I havent played a bard since enticement was there before disco lol. I loved having 100 music and 75 provoke and provoking shadow wyrms on each other haha. But anyway what about a 18 hpr suit, world or dog form (whichever one gives the HPR I dont play a ninja) and the masteries.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't run a mastery in animal form. (no fingers to play the instrument)
But you get the buffs from someone else running it on you.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
You can't run a mastery in animal form. (no fingers to play the instrument)
But you get the buffs from someone else running it on you.
which in the end works better... having someone else running the masteries.
cause when ya get hit it will knock it off anyways.
this way with a separate bard running the masteries you can go toe to toe with stuff and not loose the buff.

case in point.
i went into the void pool spawn with a pure 120x4 bard.
he had both the regen mastery spells up, so i was getting 22 in MR, HPR and SR plus resistance to nox.
i was a neco in wraith form and i just stood there and did a wither wall.

cranked that spawn up to uber high levels!

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can tell you from experience that two bards running the provoke and peace masteries together and discoing the mobs combined with two sampires is pretty darn near unkillable in PvM.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heh... I used to run a 120 ninjitsu DOG character with 40 hp Regen from Dog form coupled with 18 HP Regen from Items & 2 HPR from being Human for a Grand Total of 60 hp Regen (6 per sec). Add in 4 sec bandes 120/120 Healing / Anat ... Actually 120 combat skills w/ no mana usage so you just swing swing swing and I could solo Slasher with that char though it would take like ~50 min's to kill lol. Anyway, was a good GROUP temp bc you could Xheal other's while everyone was frozen & not have to worry about dieing bc of the HP Regen.

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hard caps of 30 mr 18 hpr and sr i think 30 also not sure on sr never cared! the hard cap being off gear however you can add in spellsongs on top of your 18 hpr for a 40 hpr!! but if you want to make some serious regen then go into dog or cat form with ninjitsu! then your looking at insane hpr!!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
when i get home in 3 days im gonna try this.
i know i use to roll around in a 20+ HPR suit and it didnt do much of anything impressive.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
k

tested this.
wow!
had a 110 ninja in dog form, put on the mastery on a bard partied, gave the guys like 10HPR on his suit.
that was UNREAL fast regen!

Nico666

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
just did a quicky test before i have to get back to work and i put on the spell (22 HPR) and then put on a kryss with 9 HPR and a couple more odds and sods i had laying around, so in the end i had like 38 HPR on me.

damaged myself, it regened.
i took off all the HPR stuff and just had the spell on and did the same.

the regen LOOKS to be about the same.

though it is hard to tell because it does zip along at a fast pace.

and, funny enough, i was able to hit myself out of the spell by doing 20 damage to myself, haha.

when i get home tonight ill get a 50 HPR suit on and put the spell on and see what it does for a comparison.

but im guessing that the cap is still in effect.
Where do you get a kyrss with HPR 9 on it?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
any of the new dungeons
shame, wrong or despise.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
can be, its random.
yes, you can use your PBD on pretty much anything.
no, 9 is the cap for any of the 3 regen items.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can get 18 HP, from items, I think Ninja Dog gives you up to 40, and Bard Mastery can give you up to 22, so thats a total of 80HPR.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
You can get 18 HP, from items, I think Ninja Dog gives you up to 40, and Bard Mastery can give you up to 22, so thats a total of 80HPR.
18....... like as in a cap?
cause you can get wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over 18 with just a few items.
10 just from the bracelet of health
9 from a weapon from the new dungeons.
3 from imbuing and the new dungeons and reforging on each piece (head, neck, chest, leg, arm and glove)
then talismans and aprons.
thats a easy 40 HPR.
so im assuming your talking a number cap from the game yes?
hmmm, i didnt know there was a actual cap.... i know MR has diminishing returns so anything past 30 is just a waste.

or maybe i did know there was a cap, ive been playing this game way too long... whats my name again?
hehe

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya that is what i was testing a while back with my guild mate.
we put him up to 20 with items then he went into dog and i had him partied and put on the mastery.
it was some unreal HPR!
if memory serves correctly i had a fully maxed out pvp red mage and i was spamming lighting stike on him and i couldnt kill him

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeh I believe there's a HP regen cap from items of 18. (I may be wrong, if someone wants to test that.) but there's no cap i know of on HP regen from Magical means.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
hehe, all right, so i went out and played with a video making thing.
i recorded the 80 HPR in action and put it up on youtube.
enjoy!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeh I believe there's a HP regen cap from items of 18. (I may be wrong, if someone wants to test that.) but there's no cap i know of on HP regen from Magical means.
Yes its capped at 18.

Humans also already have +2 so they only need +16 HPR

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yes its capped at 18.

Humans also already have +2 so they only need +16 HPR
Ummmm, I thought they did away with caps a while back and went to diminishing returns. No longer a max you can have, just the benefit of having more gives you less of an effect.

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ummmm, I thought they did away with caps a while back and went to diminishing returns. No longer a max you can have, just the benefit of having more gives you less of an effect.
Ah right could well be. I always thought it was 18 (from UOGuide) so there is no limit now?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya only mana regen went over to diminishing returns.
Hit point regen has a hard cap of 18.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I get confused on whats capped and what ain't. Those two would definitely know better than I would. ;) Everything just kinda blends together for me on most things....

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
its amazing what i can accomplish when my wife and kids leave me alone for a hour!

Lord_Zykes

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Whats the song called? on a completely different note.. I fancy doing to the Bard Dance abit later on to it :p