• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can 5 HCI AND 5 DCI be achieved by reforging?

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I know Vicious of Slaughter can do up to 5 HCI, and Towering of Aegis can do up to 5 DCI....

Can both appear on a set of studded legs, or is the spined runic kit just not powerful enough to do it?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In theory, yes. Not sure how many kits you'd go through to achieve it though. I just tried 2 pairs, as an experiment. I got this:

hci-dci.jpg

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This makes me mad about crafting
First random there should be no random
Second with just these mods this is bank floor garbage..
Make crafting great again...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, but I only used a spined kit and I didn't imbue it did I? There is room for 3 more properties.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well I tried it over 100 times and never got any better than 4 and 4. I don't think it's possible.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So a quick update to anyone that is interested:

I found the best (not exactly great) way to add 5% HCI and 5% DCI to a single item is by working with woodland armor. With reforging you can add 5% DCI and enhancing you can add 5% HCI. With enough luck you can leave some slots open for further modding. Of course you can find 5 and 5 on some legendary gear but most of it seems to be antique stuff with plenty of useless mods. This can be tailored to your specific needs.

legs.png

TrackStar

Journeyman
So a quick update to anyone that is interested:

I found the best (not exactly great) way to add 5% HCI and 5% DCI to a single item is by working with woodland armor. With reforging you can add 5% DCI and enhancing you can add 5% HCI. With enough luck you can leave some slots open for further modding. Of course you can find 5 and 5 on some legendary gear but most of it seems to be antique stuff with plenty of useless mods. This can be tailored to your specific needs.

View attachment 122222
Whats the method for pulling this off?

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So you start with a GM made pair of wood armor. Make sure you craft with GM arms lore and that your base resists are where you need them to be (generally a majority of an outfit is artifacts, so it's easy to calculate which resists are most important for you).

Once you have a good base piece, hit it with runic reforging using an ash runic saw. Choose Powerful Reforge, Grand Artifice, and Inspired Artifice. This uses 4 charges and allows you to choose 1 name for your armor piece. Pick Towering of Aegis.

What you're hoping for is 1-2 mods, with one of them being 5% DCI. Once you have that, then you set it up for the next part: Enhancing with Heartwood.

This part sucks. You have approximately a 1:8 chance that the enhancement will add 5% HCI. It could do something else. Best chance for success is using the forged tool. I burned about 8 charges before I made my pair.

After you have your 5% HCI and 5% DCI piece, then you powder it up to 255, then you can imbue it.

Here's my legs after I finished the final imbuing:

legs2.png

gwen

Slightly Crazed
@Jynxx thanks for sharing. Exactly as I thought : lots of resources and charges spent. And result is not as good as Britches of Warding.
8 LMC equals 8 Mana
10HCI = 5HCI +5 DCI (for me since you can switch other gear/jewels accordingly)
12 Stam better than 8

Britches resists are better
Doing this makes sense only out of curiosity or if you are lacking just this exact stats. And all other parts are harder to replace than craft such pants.
But I'll keep it in mind and will collect "almost perfect" pieces of wooden major /legendary artifact armor worth spending charges on.

One more thing to add : you can actually make it 6 property armor by POFing and imbuing prior to enhancement. But cost will be even higher. Cuz you will need imbuing essences, resources and POF for all those end with nothing or properties you don't want. At least 2 are good :DI and HCI

Last edited:

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@gwen is absolutely correct - you can technically do a 6 mod enhance wood piece, but you would have to have incredible luck along with unlimited resources and patience :confused:

I have the britches of warding and couldn't really get them to work with my setup. I didn't need a full 10 HCI, the LMC was wasted and the resists were unnecessary - although the kinetic eater and stam were great.

So my final sampire outfit (the wood legs were the final piece) stands as follows:

(This is the outfit only; no weapon or talisman were included in the build - I change them out too often to rely on their stats)

150 HP
168 Stam
106 Mana

95 Phys
85 Fire
70 Cold
70 Poison
75 Energy

30 HLD
45 HCI
45 DCI
50 LMC
35 Swing speed
50 Damage increase

15 Kinetic eater
12 Damage eater

Would love to hear what others came up with!

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So you start with a GM made pair of wood armor. Make sure you craft with GM arms lore and that your base resists are where you need them to be (generally a majority of an outfit is artifacts, so it's easy to calculate which resists are most important for you).

Once you have a good base piece, hit it with runic reforging using an ash runic saw. Choose Powerful Reforge, Grand Artifice, and Inspired Artifice. This uses 4 charges and allows you to choose 1 name for your armor piece. Pick Towering of Aegis.

What you're hoping for is 1-2 mods, with one of them being 5% DCI. Once you have that, then you set it up for the next part: Enhancing with Heartwood.

This part sucks. You have approximately a 1:8 chance that the enhancement will add 5% HCI. It could do something else. Best chance for success is using the forged tool. I burned about 8 charges before I made my pair.

After you have your 5% HCI and 5% DCI piece, then you powder it up to 255, then you can imbue it.

Here's my legs after I finished the final imbuing:

View attachment 122633

It's not that these are bad it's the random hoops you had to jump through for a not bad piece of armor it should be i want this the only requirement should be you need this it will cost you xxx charges (really change this to GP because each charge cost money) and boom done no hair pulling no oh this almost what I want ... crafters should stop accepting random...

gwen

Slightly Crazed
It's not that these are bad it's the random hoops you had to jump through for a not bad piece of armor it should be i want this the only requirement should be you need this it will cost you xxx charges (really change this to GP because each charge cost money) and boom done no hair pulling no oh this almost what I want ... crafters should stop accepting random...
NO it should not. That wood adds one more property. Want to have stable outcome with just resit or luck - use another material.
Same as you can make 100%player controlled improvements with imbuing. Nothing random. Without burning out runics. Tons of them sometimes.