• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can’t raise taming

Miretar

Journeyman
My taming is 94.5 & is increasing with agonizing slowness.

Taming white wolves gives me gains of about .4 an hour if I am lucky. Taming bulls is equally ineffectiv. Using the combat training method doesn’t work at all.

Help.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think I was doing Great Harts at that level. Also can try to use an alacrity scroll. Eat the scroll. Tame until you gain. Log out. Log back in the next day, tame until you get a gain, log out.. rinse, repeat.

Also... can soulstone off all skills except for Taming and Lore. The lower your total skill points are the faster you gain.... or that is how it seems to me personally. Any time I want to gain a skill I do it on a char with minimal points and the grind is much faster.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
combat training does work.
just target your pet
but don't choose an option after that.

i have a friend who didn't think it would work
and she gained right away
after trying to tame for a few days with only a 0.1 gain each day

scarecrow73

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, using the Masteries, selecting your pet but not the final selection. You will still use Mana so LMC/MR suit would help as well as using alacrity scrolls helps a lot! (not sure if it matters, but I did this in a Fel Dungeon to try to make it faster...)

Kir

Journeyman
Mastery, combat training with tonnes of MR, meditate and outside help like Peacemaking etc. Don't consider other method unless you want to prove you are hardcore ;) :scholar: :shots: