• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Campaign Statement - Hoffs (Skara Brae)

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not going to post a lengthy diatribe for my campaign at this late stage as I simply don't have as much to offer as my predecessor, York. I also freely admit that I am not the best person to serve as a governor as my true loyalties and passion are for the city-state of Gilfane and not for Skara Brae.

However, that said, I will carry out my duties as governor with all due diligence and I am committed to protecting the interests of the people of Skara as well as those of Britannia in general, especially the young and innocent. As a student of the lands of Siege Perilous and the people who live within, I believe I bring a wise and experienced head to the King's Council and am a reasonably shrewd judge of character (I was opposed to the temporary inclusion of Marcus Rotgut/Buc's Den to the Council).

Trade deal

I am committed to maintaining the Bardic Collegium trade deal throughout the next six months. The Skara treasury already has the funds to provide this for half that period.

Events

Although I have organized and hosted many successful events over the years, from beauty contests to duelling leagues, I admit that I am somewhat apathetic these days as the current low population makes many events non-viable. For instance, a planned fashion show/suit designing contest will probably not take place because my research has indicated that few people not named "Katt" would be interested in entering, and the highly successful Miss Siege event of 2011 and 2012 did no take place last year as hardly anyone entered. Also, the current state of unrest in the lands is not conducive to such events like the shard champion crawls I have led in the past.

One event that will be taking place for the foreseeable future is the shard auction, the next of which is planned for around mid-July. However, this will go ahead regardless of whether or not I am elected.
Building population

I remain committed to trying to build the population of Siege Perilous, just as I have been for these past eight years with such outfits as the Siege Road Crew and the Introduction to Siege events. Nevertheless, the attempts of yore met with little success and I confess that I am jaundiced to ways of attracting newcomers (although permanent advertising for NEW2 would be a good start). Sadly, I believe this is mostly out of our hands. What we CAN do is try to engage and nurture what we have, and as a community builder I believe I can help with that. But it is admittedly highly difficult in the current climate.

Insurance

I am wholly opposed to the introduction if an Insurance law to the lands of Siege.

My opponent

I admit that my campaign has now become as much about stopping my opponent as it has electing me. He has taken no interest whatsoever in the governorship to this point, never having bothered to attend a single Council meeting to my knowledge and rarely, if ever, attending community events. Being a governor is not about putting a feather in your cap and boasting to your friends how "leet" you are, it is about fulfilling the obligations of the office. If victory in these elections finally brings my opponent to take a greater interest and responsibility for our lands, then perhaps this would be a good thing. But his past performance inevitably leads one to have a large degree of scepticism.

Last edited:

tangar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Election.. time for debates! :)

Building population
1) It's the most ambitious part of your program.. and the most foggy (misty, cloudy.. . cryptic.. sorry for my english hehe). Do you think is it part of a governor work?

2) Are you planning to attract more people to start "banking", taking BoDs and etc at Skara to create more activities at regural basis, not just at events?