• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Calling UOASSIST Users... Information/Input needed, @Mesanna? NEW ERA OF ASSIST? UOA2?

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all,

As you know, UOAssist is the only approved 3rd party utility for UO Classic Client that does what it does.

A few weeks ago, i spoke to Tugsoft and managed to get him to change it so we can open two instances of UOAssist, this went down a storm.

Tonight, i've had a meeting with him to arrange changing the of the Supernova pot code so we can have seperate Macros for them and STR pots, which is a common problem in PvP.

He didn't realise there was many features in the EC that the classic client wasn't capable of and he is keen to bring UOAssist up to date.

So what i need from you people, is information, if you have any REALISTIC changes you think could be implemented to UOAssist, please put them below. He even went as far as saying he could work out how to do the Instant item/suit unequip /re-equip like the EC can do, if its allowed server side.

So, what would you implement, or ideas? I am in direct contact and will be relaying ideas.

He wasn't sure how much free reign he had an if @Mesanna could give us an idea what he can code he can get to work, possibly even on UOAssist2? This could be a real contender for VS current illegal 3rd party programmes used by some Classic users.

Regards

Pwny

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, I do know that the way the "Illegal programs" differentiate Supernova's from Strength potions is due to a "color" code that uses the type of item based on which color it is, instead of "use item type".

I sent an Email to Tugsoft maybe 2 nights ago, about UOAssist freezing while doing the Belfry, once in a while it happens at highly populated EM Events. It's definitely some sort of desync problem, UOAssist seems to be what causes it though. (I have since stopped using UOAssist while doing the belfry, due to it freezing making my character get pushed off the platform with the dragon), it has not happened to the default classic client yet. going on over 80 Shadowguard runs! (i have too much free time on my hands atm lol)

Edit: the "freeze" from the UOAssist/Belfry problem isn't lag, you need to log out/back in to fix it, each time it happens.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The first thing is to add all consumables in. Str, dex, apples, conflags, novas. Boxes would be nice too but I think that may be too much.

After that is like to see a fishing, mining and lj key to one button resource strip like I hear the ec does.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I do know that the way the "Illegal programs" differentiate Supernova's from Strength potions is due to a "color" code that uses the type of item based on which color it is, instead of "use item type".

I sent an Email to Tugsoft maybe 2 nights ago, about UOAssist freezing while doing the Belfry, once in a while it happens at highly populated EM Events. It's definitely some sort of desync problem, UOAssist seems to be what causes it though. (I have since stopped using UOAssist while doing the belfry, due to it freezing making my character get pushed off the platform with the dragon), it has not happened to the default classic client yet. going on over 80 Shadowguard runs! (i have too much free time on my hands atm lol)

Edit: the "freeze" from the UOAssist/Belfry problem isn't lag, you need to log out/back in to fix it, each time it happens.
Im going to assume this may be an issue with your PC? Seeing as i've got the same UOAssist as you and get no such issue. Maybe try fresh install of UOAssist? Save your macro folders though!

I've just been sent the .DLL for the potion changes, it works AMAZING. Shatter pots/Supernovas/Stat pots, etc etc all work seperate as you can "Use Item Type & Colour" on the macro Line! Woop! Im sure he will roll it out soon.

Attachments

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im going to assume this may be an issue with your PC? Seeing as i've got the same UOAssist as you and get no such issue. Maybe try fresh install of UOAssist? Save your macro folders though!
I suppose it's possible, I'll try reinstalling UOAssist. It's happened on two different PCs though, so I doubt it would work.

Edit: I'll post screenshots next time it happens (with two different clients so you can see what's happening... I would say it's because I'm running too many clients, but normally when I log out of UOAssist to do the belfry, I open an additional client, leaving assist open (with no character logged in on that client) and it hasn't happened with an 8th client open yet, as long as I'm not in Assist.

I'll try reinstalling Assist later this evening though.

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Glad the folks at Tugsoft are willing to get going on things like this. Imho they should have the same amount of free reign that Pinco's has for the EC. If it is doable in the EC then they should automatically be able to attempt to code it for UOA.

I guess that's how it would go in a perfect world at any rate...

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hello all,

As you know, UOAssist is the only approved 3rd party utility for UO Classic Client that does what it does.

A few weeks ago, i spoke to Tugsoft and managed to get him to change it so we can open two instances of UOAssist, this went down a storm.

Tonight, i've had a meeting with him to arrange changing the of the Supernova pot code so we can have seperate Macros for them and STR pots, which is a common problem in PvP.

He didn't realise there was many features in the EC that the classic client wasn't capable of and he is keen to bring UOAssist up to date.

So what i need from you people, is information, if you have any REALISTIC changes you think could be implemented to UOAssist, please put them below. He even went as far as saying he could work out how to do the Instant item/suit unequip /re-equip like the EC can do, if its allowed server side.

So, what would you implement, or ideas? I am in direct contact and will be relaying ideas.

He wasn't sure how much free reign he had an if @Mesanna could give us an idea what he can code he can get to work, possibly even on UOAssist2? This could be a real contender for VS current illegal 3rd party programmes used by some Classic users.

Regards

Pwny
All great news, good work, you had me all the way until you just had to take the Cheap Shot "Current illegal 3rd party programs used by some Classic users" because we all know that EC users don't EVER use any Cheats :pie:

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All great news, good work, you had me all the way until you just had to take the Cheap Shot "Current illegal 3rd party programs used by some Classic users" because we all know that EC users don't EVER use any Cheats :pie:
Im a classic client user, im pretty sure there are cheaters across the board, it wasn't a dig at anyone in particular. I just want to even the playing field.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
u would think that it should be ok to put anything in that ec and pincos can do but there will be some that will not want, they want an advantage. would like to hear from devs

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
These two screenshots were taking less than a second apart.
one with UOAssist here: Belfry UOAssist.jpg

2nd client, Non-UOAssist here: Belfry UO Non-Assist.jpg

After rubberbanding around (from the dragon "pushing") it causes UOAssist to get stuck/Freeze it doesn't client crash... but you need to logout/back in before you're able to move again. you can't open paperdoll/packs or anything, but the "logout" button works.

I will reinstall in a few moments just to verify, although a friend of mine experiences the same thing.
After I had to log out this time, I opened an 8th client with no problems, yet again.
I have not tested with any "illegal" programs to see if they freeze, but I'd rather not try. I have heard they do not experience this, but I have extensively tested UOAssist in this manner.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, i can tell you, i've dual cliented at Belfry and although i've been pushed off, i've never crashed or frozen like that? Thats very odd.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, as far as the EC Suit-swap, there is no equivalent for CC currently (atleast not that I know of). I'm sure it has to do with the drag/drop action delay when it comes to picking up items from your pack/paperdoll in CC- The EC seems have no delay on that.

Also, Back when EC was first released, you had no action delay on double clicking objects in your pack, people were setting macros to throw explosion potions with no delay between each one (use item>wait for target>last target) EC users were able to throw a full keg worth of potions (100) in about 10seconds-ish. which has been fixed, I wonder if the EC suit-swap is an oversight? Probably not.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, as far as the EC Suit-swap, there is no equivalent for CC currently (atleast not that I know of). I'm sure it has to do with the drag/drop action delay when it comes to picking up items from your pack/paperdoll in CC- The EC seems have no delay on that.

Also, Back when EC was first released, you had no action delay on double clicking objects in your pack, people were setting macros to throw explosion potions with no delay between each one (use item>wait for target>last target) EC users were able to throw a full keg worth of potions (100) in about 10seconds-ish. which has been fixed, I wonder if the EC suit-swap is an oversight? Probably not.
I doubt it is... I got the impression this was do-able in Classic, using Assist, *IF* the dev's make it so that server-side allows it.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1. If he could look at the way EC macros are set up that would be a great start
2. Consumables
3. EC Pathfinding... rarely gets stuck going around trees
4. Equiping items
5. LUA commands/scripts option being added
6. EC targeting options
7. EC Mobile Bars

Those should be good starts for sure. Benefiting both pvp and pvmers in the CC client.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These two screenshots were taking less than a second apart.
one with UOAssist here: View attachment 44875

2nd client, Non-UOAssist here: View attachment 44876

After rubberbanding around (from the dragon "pushing") it causes UOAssist to get stuck/Freeze it doesn't client crash... but you need to logout/back in before you're able to move again. you can't open paperdoll/packs or anything, but the "logout" button works.

I will reinstall in a few moments just to verify, although a friend of mine experiences the same thing.
After I had to log out this time, I opened an 8th client with no problems, yet again.
I have not tested with any "illegal" programs to see if they freeze, but I'd rather not try. I have heard they do not experience this, but I have extensively tested UOAssist in this manner.
You're multiclienting with 8 clients and you want something fixed because ONE of them crashes, sorry, no sympathy here.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're multiclienting with 8 clients and you want something fixed because ONE of them crashes, sorry, no sympathy here.
I was running 7 clients, not 8. and this is not related to how many clients I am running, it's related to UOAssist.
I've "frozen" running a single client doing the same thing, regardless.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5. LUA commands/scripts option being added
There is a LUA library built into EC, which offers *legal* functions for programmers to write their own scripts. There are clear limitations as to what you can and cannot do - as well as documentation provided by Broadsword. This library is not built into CC.

Therefore a third-party library would have to be built, so it would be considered illegal unless Broadsword put that functionality into CC.

If you want CC to be more like EC, then just use EC.

He's also paying for every account, it's funny that no one ever thinks of that all they see is someone with a bunch of characters. Multi-clienting is allowed, so people with multiple accounts shouldn't have to suffer some extra BS that people who only own one account don't have to deal with.

Last edited:

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is a LUA library built into EC, which offers *legal* functions for programmers to write their own scripts. There are clear limitations as to what you can and cannot do - as well as documentation provided by Broadsword. This library is not built into CC.
In case you havent realized yet, The thread is about CC's UOA doing a new UOA and asking for advice on how to make it better. Specifically suggestions that relate to what the EC has that the CC doesnt.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is great that UOAssist could see some updates. But I remember reading a long time ago that Tug wanted to do all kinds of new features for UOAssist. But after a couple years (2000-2001) the developers basically would not approve any new features. So he probably needs to communicate with them first.

If he could add auto-pulling health bars it would be a watershed moment in advancing the usability of the classic client. The current playing field in PVP is so uneven between the Enhanced Client, a very popular player modified client, and unapproved 3rd party utilities. An honest classic client user is at such a disadvantage in PVP.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Targetting...in the EC you can target nearest mobile, and then have it ignore friendly, summons, pets, etc, so you arent shooting your own people. Would be nice to see that in the CC, for sure

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
IAn honest classic client user is at such a disadvantage in PVP.
That's a lot harder to come by than you might imagine. I can't tell you the last time I saw an uncropped screenshot that had no "illegal" alterations in it, of any pvper in UO, in quite some time.

I'm not going to lie and say I've never run anything that was "illegal" but I can say, I do not actively use anything illegal under the ToS for UO.

I honestly don't want UOAssist to turn into an Illegal program, leave out EVERYTHING that allows people to AFK things... then start banning people again for using unapproved programs.

That's what should to be done, but only after the game is in a more secure state (maybe it's secure enough, who knows)

I should have screenshotted what Mesanna said to me on Lake Superior last time we saw her there. I know people were surprised. (not that it matters)

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It is great that UOAssist could see some updates. But I remember reading a long time ago that Tug wanted to do all kinds of new features for UOAssist. But after a couple years (2000-2001) the developers basically would not approve any new features. So he probably needs to communicate with them first.

If he could add auto-pulling health bars it would be a watershed moment in advancing the usability of the classic client. The current playing field in PVP is so uneven between the Enhanced Client, a very popular player modified client, and unapproved 3rd party utilities. An honest classic client user is at such a disadvantage in PVP.
Yeah i know and if only someone could implement some sort of "macro" like button that would cast your spells instead of double clicking them huh link?

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for initiating this.

- Would love to dress/undress/switch just one item (such as talisman and boots).
- More Arm slots for different slayer/spawn weapons/spellbooks (maybe 4 profiles with 4 weapon slots each.)

Also, if UOA currently can change your toon to a chicken or orc, maybe it can also do the same for other people's greater dragon? (client side)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He's also paying for every account, it's funny that no one ever thinks of that all they see is someone with a bunch of characters. Multi-clienting is allowed, so people with multiple accounts shouldn't have to suffer some extra BS that people who only own one account don't have to deal with.
I have for years had 10 accounts paid for every month, I'm not criticizing because of amount of accounts, I guess I'm just jealous cause there is no way on this green earth I could even come close to running all 10 accounts at once. "Note sarcasm and don't jump to conclusions"

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Hello all,

Regards

Pwny
Nice work man, this will make a huge impact.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
And maybe something that lets you search chests for an item? My housekeeping is a mess :)
+1

A House Search Tool would be friggin awesome, but I think it should be a tool you can access through your avatar or the house sign. :smile2:

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the new dll UOA is buggy on my notebook (win7 64bit, i7, nvidia, 8gig ram). When starting UOA the windows fade in and out in slow motion. Even the UO client opens up in slow motion and i get screen tearing while running around. The mouse coursor seems to flash sometimes. Without UOA the game is running fine.

*edit* I'm running only 1 client.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOAssist cannot count my enchanted apples, if you set it as a resource, it only counts the number of piles of apples you have, if they are stacked it can't seem to count them.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 'use titlebar for display' 'stat bar' is not compatible with windows 10, due to the colour scheme, you can't tell if you've been mortalled.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The colour id tool is nice work around for the lazy programmers of uo using the same item id for strength and supernova potions, wouldn't it have just been easier to get the uo devs to do their jobs properly?

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The vendor agent bag importing format should be changed. Or there should be a button for "export to file" with a better option. Maybe as csv, EC client format or XML.
I am working at an item database for searching my own stuff and found that the EC format is easier to import and analyze.
I dunno if i will ever finish this project, but i think it would be usefull to have a format where you can load it 1:1 in an excel file.
This improvement will not harm EA/Broadsword, so there is no approval needed.

Btw: Thank you for supporting a tool which i bought in the last century. I will not have any problems to pay a small amount for an upgrade.

Last edited:

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... wouldn't it have just been easier to get the uo devs to do their jobs properly?
I think they get handed to many cow patties from posters to really care anymore. How much such bull would you take before taking a well motivated attitude?

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In case you havent realized yet, The thread is about CC's UOA doing a new UOA and asking for advice on how to make it better. Specifically suggestions that relate to what the EC has that the CC doesnt.
Re: LUA in UOA; In case you didn't read...

Therefore a third-party library would have to be built, so it would be considered illegal unless Broadsword put that functionality into CC.
If the functionality doesn't exist in CC then what you're asking for is an illegal third-party program.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Re: LUA in UOA; In case you didn't read...

If the functionality doesn't exist in CC then what you're asking for is an illegal third-party program.

this is flight 451 flying over @sibble 's head.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I think you guys got it the wrong way.
What UOA ever had to offer, SHOULD be in the CC for free.
That boat left a long time ago. We can only hope third party people will pick up the slack from here.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
There is still hope, dont forget we did get a bandself macro 10 years after UO was launched :)
lol, so true.

I can only imagine next big implementation they have planned. Potions?

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This would be a nice add to the game. While I find it hard to get back into the game these things should be implemented.