• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Calling all museum owners

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As we all have noticed the museums topic is somewhat out of date. This is a shame, since managing a museum is hard work and usually takes more time and effort than getting GM Taming, so I've decided to start a new topic. I've discussed this with Sarsmi and Ryna and they both gave their consent.
I will start from scratch so all museums will need to be resubmitted.

There's a few rules:
-The house must be public
-There must be at least 25 rare items. A rare item can be:
1. Server Births
2. EM Event Items
3. Seer Event Items
4. Rewards Including:
a. Item Bless Deeds
b. Xmas statues (angels, surfers, 3rd level names)
c. Phoenix armor pieces
d. Singing Ball
4. Good rubble pieces. 25 rubble plants won't do.
Some exceptions to these rules can be made. E.g. a house with 100 pairs of duped vine cord sandals in a bag is not a museum. But a house that has some incredible decorations and 'only' 24 server births can still be listed.

If you know a great house or perhaps own one, please send me a PM with the following information:
-The name of the museum
-The location (preferably UOAM coordinates, but a general location description will also do).
-The shard on which the museum is located
Please do not post locations here, since it's easier for me to list them from my message box.

I will then check out the museum, take screenshots and list it in a museums topic. As you can imagine this might take a while to list and work out, but I will do it.

I'm open to suggestions and ideas

G

Hi

Before, I want excuse me, because my museum is private yet

Unfortunately I have a lot of problem in RL and few time to play

I send you a message when I finish it.

I have a suggestion, why do you make 3 type of museum:

EM Event Museum
Rubble Museum
Server Birth - Rewards Museum

For example for take a title a person could need 20 items instead that 25, but if he want all 3 titles he must have 60 items.

Also You could make another title as Collection Museum, for the museum that have 5 or more normal colletion as all Doom Artefact, All Tokuno Minor, All Tokuno Major and other for give an help to normal player to find a object.

G

B/C not everyone has strictly one type of item, most players who own museums have a mix of rubble, event items, & server births.

Your idea would have the effect of barring them from the thread which would limit the amount of attention and recognition they recieve from other players and could be potentially discouraging and turn them off from rares collecting.

G

This was not my intention, you could lower to 15 object, I don't must fix the quantity. But you could have more tematic museum.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't want to lower the overall quantity, since I don't want too many houses to qualify that aren't exceptional.
Your idea in general is good though. I will consider it. See how it works out when listing the museums.

I hope your problems in RL will improve soon, Darsus.

G

I think the old museums which are not updated should be kept in a special section. Even if they don't exist anymore it is nice looking at different collections.