• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Call For Donations - Target of 100M gold met

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Columbus Atlantic Event Fund will be sponsoring the Atlantic Factions Event by Link with 60 Million gold. However, lets face it - 60M does not get that much nowadays and I would like to raise that number. Unfortunately, the fund only has 60M gold left after the guild event last year with prize purse of 40M gold. I could in theory just donate the rest from my personal assets but I would like to make it more of a community thing.

As such, I will be accepting donations in gold and/or items. All funds will be kept track of and will be channeled through Link who is the event organizer. Donors can expect to get a breakdown of how their funds were used at end of the event from me. If things go wrong and event does not take place, the funds will be returned to the donors.

If you or anyone you know is willing to give funds please contact me. My target is to raise another 40M gold to make it an even 100 Million gold sponsorship for the event.

BTW, more information about the event can be found at:
http://www.hot-guild.com/factions

Donors so far:
-WolfThistle
-Lord Raven
-DVI*
-Rachel's Runes
-Matt*

*Pledged, not collected yet.

-------------------------------------
Ok, thank you guys the target for this specific drive has been met. I would like you to keep the Columbus Atlantic Event Fund in your mind though in future if you ever feel like donating money for community efforts. I have been mostly funding it myself but am fully open to accept any donation as it not only helps in terms of financing but also promotes a community feeling. So always open for donations, especially since after this particular event the fund will be back down to 0

G

I will also be making a sizable contribution to this event but won't know exactly how much at the moment. It will be at least 50 million in gold/items.

G

Tomas,
While our funds are limited on Atlantic currently, [DVI] Vendors would be proud to make a contribution either to the Event itself, or to the Columbus event fund for the purpose of supporting the event.

We can donate various bkit made armor pieces, some minor artifacts, gold, possibly some weapons, and other items.

I'll have to inventory what I have in stock on Atlantic and speak to you personally later this week.

-Aspen

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also would be proud to donate to this event.
I will contact you later to see what else you may need besides the gold I have to donate.

Kudos to JC and all those working on this event.

G

*smiles* This could be a grand event. Thank you kind folks on Atlantic for hosting. I look forward to this.

G

Oh, and if you see any [*SP*] Siege Perilous Crew around, say hello.

G

Is it a coincidence you guys were in Moonglow Felucca when a big fight broke out or did you cause it? It was like being at a Champion Spawn, only in Moonglow.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks to WolfThistle and Lord Raven for their generous donations.

I

imported_Ishtar

I may not be able to donate much other than time but if you need my help let me know!

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Ishtar - I will let you know in few days hopefully. We might need supplies and things like that too. Also, news coverage!

Donations updated - almost at target!

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Goodman's Rune Library and Winterbreeze Library have donated 5 million each towards the cause. I believe Lady Aalia gave the donation to JC yesterday but I haven't yet seen her today to confirm.

If you have an idea what kind of supplies you will need please post them and we can start gathering them.

We are looking forward to this event!

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have let JC know that the merchant, RP community etc. can help out in various ways with supplies, advertising, etc. for the event. I think he is bit busy right now with planning the finer details. Hopefully, we will get more details soon in regards to requirements and dates in near future.

This donation thread is specifically for donating to the Columbus Atlantic Event Fund, which in turn will be sponsoring the event with 100M gold. People are also free to donate directly to the event organizers. Some people have been slightly confused about it but think of it as donating to your favorite charity which will in turn use the money for a specific cause
- The event fund will be around long after this particular event and hopefully grow in terms of experience and networking by sponsoring events like this.