• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Calculator Updated (Now with materials)

O

Old Man of UO

Is it possible to handle certain event items that have property values above the normal ranges?

For example, I have an un-enhanced HVY Crossbow with 40 SSI that I want to imbue. Your calculator can't handle the 40 SSI. In fact, I have several weapons that fit in this category. I can manually calculate this, but wonder how hard it would be to adjust the calculator for special cases like this.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ill run this through with the core coder (stephen), let you know the outcome :)

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we will incorporate this, will work so that there will be a "customize intensity" function, on which you at own risk, when activated will be able to set a stat to any intensity (within the regular steps) that you wish. (you will get a warning when selected that you will not be able to imbue properties above the standard intensities)

i will give you an update when it works, he is in progress of rewritting parts of the code to make for a more swift and light load than is currently. and during this will incorporate this function. and also look into the leech and resist issues.

Greets
Gil

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
development is progressing, on our test page is now implemented a checkbox which allow you to take stats over the limit, only the on/off stats are not changeable such as slayers and spellchanneling although you can put multiple slayers on.

- hitting the max botton will take you to the regular max imbueable
- typing in ANY 4 digit or less intensity in the intensity box will set it to that intensity
- you can also use the "+" botton to increase
- intensities will increase in the regular steps like usual
- you will get a warning when you exceed normal imbueable intensity
- materials will not display when you exceed normal imbueable intensity and will display a warning instead

we also working on the correct resistances on armor currently, we have built a database of every standard armor piece in the game and will make it in groups to be selected on the calculator. where it will add the base resi of the item to the resis displayed and chooseable.

Also added a "javascript must be enabled" error in the case the users browser does not have it enabled, there will also be a link in the error on how to enable it in firefox and internet explorer.

O

Old Man of UO

Thanks, Gilmour! Looking forward to using it when you get it finished.

Zolaf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been doing the same thing in excel. It looks great but just a note...the mana and stamina leech is specific to the weapon. If you are going to leave it general change the maximum intensity to 50 instead of 100. This will overestimate your total intensity rather than underestimate it. This may upset some people if they think they can get say 75% mana leech but only can hit a max of 35% (giving the same total intensity value). So far I have not yet found a formula to account for each weapon. So I have created a drop down menu for the ones I have looked at. Let me know if you find a formula and I shall do the same!

Just a suggestion :).

Hey all

we updated our web-based imbuing calculator to now tell you the materials needed. (however does not take into account what your success chance is)

Knuckleheads.dk • Imbuing Calculator

next on to do list is correct resistances and leeches :)

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the intensity for mana/life leech is currently in % of max imbueable.

and i think the formula on uoguide is pretty accurate.

just be sure to calculate in right order or you get dodgy results.

and the development of it is currently dorment due to loss of interest in the pc all together by the core coder.

i will see if i can take up some of coding to finalize the test version to a released version, however my expertise is not excactly with javascript :(

i will also ask him if it would be okay to release the test version "As is" to public use. while i try and finalize it.