• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Caddelite ~ A New Crafting Experience!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Larisa submitted a new Article:

Caddelite ~

Publish 101 has brought us many new and exciting things, one of which is a material called Caddelite.

What is it? You ask? According to Ultima Lore , it is a very powerful substance found only on meteors.

With Publish 101 comes the ability to gather and use this special material to create powerful weapons to use in the newly re-furbished Khaldun Dungeon, information on this can be found Here ,

Crafting with Caddelite:

There are several different items you can create using this special material, but first we must gather the needed resources....
Read more about this article here...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Great write up @Larisa thank you!
You are more then welcome! It was confusing at first and a bit time-consuming but once you get in the rhythm it's not too bad and quite fun!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Queen let them borrow a soulforge...

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can the pet fight in the dungeon without eating the special tasty treat (sorry if this has already been answered and I missed it - I haven't had a chance to get on TC)?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope. The pets can not do damage unless they eat the treats. And I dont think these treats give any pet bonus.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Then it seems like pets are already strong enough not to bother with it, so we can bypass the whole system and just jump in
Nothing can do any damage to anything inside khaldun without the use of the caddelite crafting. *during the event (so far)

I guess it's a good thing the points carried over from last year. :D

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Mining in the area will give you Caddelite infused ore that when smelted down to ingots that can be used to make Caddelite infused weapons, but those same ingots cannot produce armor that is Caddelite infused? So far only handheld items such as a weapon equipped or a spellbook that has been Caddelite infused, what of jewelry made from Caddelite infused ore/ingots? Armor as well? Why can it be possible to equip a handheld item that is Caddelite infused yet nothing for jewelry, armor etc. made from Caddelite infused ingots?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Mining in the area will give you Caddelite infused ore that when smelted down to ingots that can be used to make Caddelite infused weapons, but those same ingots cannot produce armor that is Caddelite infused? So far only handheld items such as a weapon equipped or a spellbook that has been Caddelite infused, what of jewelry made from Caddelite infused ore/ingots? Armor as well? Why can it be possible to equip a handheld item that is Caddelite infused yet nothing for jewelry, armor etc. made from Caddelite infused ingots?
Because you can't kill a creature with a ring?? Well..I guess technically you could.....but it would take awhile if you were to start bashing at things with a gorget ;)

It's only for weapons....IE Spellbooks, bows,axes, blades etc. and pets...because, yes, our pets are weapons.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Because you can't kill a creature with a ring?? Well..I guess technically you could.....but it would take awhile if you were to start bashing at things with a gorget ;)

It's only for weapons....IE Spellbooks, bows,axes, blades etc. and pets...because, yes, our pets are weapons.
The same logic can be applied to spellbooks there, hit them over the head with a heavy enough volume to knock them out ;) But I get your point, still I feel that this could be applied to jewelry and armor as well. Leather from the local animals that been eating the grass, since we getting fish from the waters of the land? Circlets made from ingots that have a blessed property?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The new mask is caddelite infused and you still have to have a caddelite infused weapon with it on. So armor would not matter.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
The new mask is caddelite infused and you still have to have a caddelite infused weapon with it on. So armor would not matter.
dang ugly mask it be. But it also another point, if a mask can be Caddelite infused then why not other pieces of armor or jewelry?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Nothing can do any damage to anything inside khaldun without the use of the caddelite crafting. *during the event (so far)

I guess it's a good thing the points carried over from last year. :D
Ok, now I see that’s what Pawain was saying too - I misread it - Ok, no getting around it :sigh:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Can any fish steaks be used for the tasty treats?
No you have to buy the caddelite fishing pole and fish in the Lost Lands..I go just outside of Papua off the docks there..to catch the Caddelite-infused fish.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What does that property even do on that item? Anything?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Without the property, you cannot damage the spawn in Khaldun

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The caddellite property on the mask is because it's supposed to be Kal Ankur's mask and he was awoken by an infusion of the mineral from the meteorite impact. Thus he, and his clothing, are saturated in the stuff.

It also might be needed to make the meteor swarm ability do damage to the dungeon denizens.

Or it's just neat.

Take your pick.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
To bad there nothing like the gorgon lens using Caddelite infused material. You simply put the material on something like the lens do, maybe something they could do with all those rocks they been getting?? Crush the rocks/meteors to make dust, then fuse the dust to jewelry, armor, weapons etc..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To bad there nothing like the gorgon lens using Caddelite infused material. You simply put the material on something like the lens do, maybe something they could do with all those rocks they been getting?? Crush the rocks/meteors to make dust, then fuse the dust to jewelry, armor, weapons etc..
That would be better. That's what we have to do with pets. Put a timer on weapons.

Maybe next year.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what about Mystic spell books? I will go try on test when I get a chance

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Big question for mages and mystics, if a pet won't do damage without a tasty treat, wiil EVs or RCs do damage if summoned while holding a cadd infused book? Or are summons out for this event

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Summons do damage as soon as you hold an infused book, you do damage with necro holding a magery spellbook.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
What about caddlelite infused musical instruments for bards? Can we make them and would they work same way as weapons in Khaldune?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What about caddlelite infused musical instruments for bards? Can we make them and would they work same way as weapons in Khaldune?
If you are just going to bard them and do no other damage. Need a Cadellite item in your hand to do damage from your toon. Or Khaldun pet treats for pet to do damage.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you need a caddelite infused weapon to damage the spawn. I assume after you have that, each spawn has their own resists. Did anyone figure out what type of elemental weapon would be best?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It reads like you're gonna need to do a quest to be able to get the caddelite.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes all weapons have to be infused.

Did anyone figure out what type of elemental weapon would be best?
Chivalry. AI

Only some are immune to all but one one damage. Could have a 100% of each made before it begins.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It reads like you're gonna need to do a quest to be able to get the caddelite.
Yes...as soon as the publish is live tomorrow I will go through the Gumshoe quest and update this guide.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes...as soon as the publish is live tomorrow I will go through the Gumshoe quest and update this guide.
Thank YOU!!! :cheerleader:

And for testing the Castle conversions.:cheerleader: :cheerleader:

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I had read at first, but now I don't see it so I apologize if I missed it - do the tasty treats still have a cool down and, if so, what is it?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Thank YOU!!! :cheerleader:

And for testing the Castle conversions.:cheerleader: :cheerleader:
You are quite welcome :)

I had read at first, but now I don't see it so I apologize if I missed it - do the tasty treats still have a cool down and, if so, what is it?
The tasty treats last for 30 minutes so no need to feed your pet more then once every half hour, there will be a buff icon on your screen to let you know how much time is left.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The tasty treats last for 30 minutes so no need to feed your pet more then once every half hour, there will be a buff icon on your screen to let you know how much time is left.
Right, but can you feed them another one as soon as the first one wears off or do you have to wait? (And thank you)

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could have a 100% of each made before it begins.
That was my thought. But if they have to be made with caddelite infused ore/ignots, then you can't really prepare ahead of time. So if you don't have chiv, AI may be the best way to go unless you want to take the time to try and imbue elemental weapons.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think they are turning on the crafting part tomorrow.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Bit confused. I'm on Atlantic, went to tram khaldun yesterday, teleported over the guards. Went in damaged spawn. Haven't done any quests or got any cadelite infused stuff (or any idea how to)

What do I need to do to get a cadelite scrapers just as a start I mean.
Thanks

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Here a question for you. Spellbooks, Caddelite infused: What about Spellweaver?? The spell book for that skill cannot be crafted how would a spell weaver be able to do this?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any weapon or spellbook works for mystics or weavers.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is it possible to craft the Caddellite fishing pole? If yes, how do I go about getting the cloth ..do I need to shear sheep and weave the wool into cloth? And where may I find sheep in Lost Lands?
You can buy one from Krett in the camp.