• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cache maps and scrolls of alacrity

Toya

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For about the last month I have not had one cache map (from all facets) give me a scroll of alacrity. Anyone else noticing the same?

Toya

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to get them.... maybe the RNG is messing around with me, but I havent got one in a cache in a long time.
Imbuing alacrity, have got one - believe it was in a TerMur artisan supply chest

WiggyJiggyJed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Keep in mind that the Alacrity Scrolls won't spawn in Felucca on Cache maps, as Alacrity Scrolls were the consolation prize on non-Felucca Cache maps instead of Power Scrolls.

I do almost exclusively Felucca scrolls, so I only ever see them on Hoard and Trove.

Toya

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tested some more yesterday. Tramm, Ilsh, termur and tokuno = nada. I did get a few tmaps, but no alacrity. And, i probable did a good dozen cache maps. Strange.

WiggyJiggyJed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I know they spawn on Supply chests as well, but not very often....like maybe 1 in 50 will have one. I wonder if maybe Cache chests have a similarly low drop rate.

Deschet

Journeyman
Got 5 alacrity scrolls when doing 5 supply chests the other night. Was waiting to get a couple of cache maps to see whether I got any/what the drop rate was like.

Toya

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i get lots from supply maps - but still not one from a cache lately. Been doing a few a day to see if it changes, but nada so far. Its very strange. I sent feedback through the help menu - if enough people do the same maybe they will investigate lol

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
One thing to note:

Maps appear to have all of the paper items as part of the same item pool, within facet restrictions. Besides the usual rare chance of getting a new map of the next-higher level from Hoard or less (or same level for Trove) outside that process, the "guaranteed paper" could be any mix of the types available on the facet (T-maps, SoA, SoT, PS). Whether getting 3 out of 5 drops as T-maps could be a good or bad thing depending on your playstyle.

Toya

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apparently this has been happening for a while, even though uo guide says alacrity scrolls will spawn in cache maps. Found a discussion in uo.com forums from about a year ago that was discussing the fact that there weren't any alacrity scrolls in cache maps either then. Guess i never noticed as i usually stick to hoards, trove but had collected a lot of cache maps from the treasures events and was trying to reduce inventory. The only "paper" item i get from them is a higher level map.