• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

cache delete or not delete?

S

Sims2

some in game say they are told you should not delete cache so which is it ok to or no?

N

nodgree

I delete mine once a day and have no problems viewing custom content. It cant hurt anything. Its no different than deleting your browser cache

G

If, your that un-eased for clearing your cached then by all means, don't clear it. No one is twisting your arm here.

P

PepsiCEO05

My computer cleans cache every day, I would suggest doing so as well for security/performance reasons. It will not affect your gameplay (Your client will need to redownload those pieces of custom content you see again, but I would hope you could wait the 5-10 sec. it takes to see them).

Cheers

R

rookie

Well, do those people say is the problem with deleting your cc cache?

S

Sims2

they said if you do you won't be able to see any cc items anymore

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

they said if you do you won't be able to see any cc items anymore

[/ QUOTE ]
The next time you encounter the cc item it will go back into your cache. And then you can delete it again. It is the gift that keeps on giving.

P

PepsiCEO05

Sims2, you will be able to see custom content creations. Cache basically just downloads that custom content to your computer so every time you visit a property with that particular content you've already seen, you don't have to keep downloading it. Clearing your cache will just remove that old download, and will prompt a new one every time you see any custom content. As I said earlier, I would advise clearing cache regularly.