• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

C L O A K of C O R R U P T I O N

S

Seleukos

Hello Friends of Origin,

I would like to seek enlightenment on how exactly is one able to benefit from the Cloak of Corruption?

I recently acquired one and when I tried to wear it both my Mage and Warrior/Paladin characters were drained from all stats on Strenght,Dexterity and Mana.

Thanks in advance any inputs will be appreciated.

-S-

S

Seleukos

Hello Friends of Origin,

I would like to seek enlightenment on how exactly is one able to benefit from the Cloak of Corruption?

I recently acquired one and when I tried to wear it both my Mage and Warrior/Paladin characters were drained from all stats on Strenght,Dexterity and Mana.

Thanks in advance any inputs will be appreciated.

-S-

C

C0rmac

I think that is the point of it....is corrupted and kills who dares to put it on. Truly a cursed item. I think it kinda of cool to have such an evil item.

C

C0rmac

I think that is the point of it....is corrupted and kills who dares to put it on. Truly a cursed item. I think it kinda of cool to have such an evil item.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
when your "mana" is low put on it will take life to replace mana with your hit points so heal while doing

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
when your "mana" is low put on it will take life to replace mana with your hit points so heal while doing

I

imported_Intoxication

It drains your health and mana, but when you use mana it will replace your mana not take it. So as it drains your health cast heal on yourself and you will not only get full health but full mana as well. It works great on my tamer when healing pets with magery, never run out of mana. You just have to remember to watch your health and heal yourself from time to time. It will also take away all your karma so watch yourself if you have chiv or if you just like your karma. I went to dread pretty fast without even realizing i was losing karma. i found though that it was working really well in moonglow for healing pets with magery but from some reason they stopped working in moonglow. so if you were in moonglow while testing it you would only have lost all three stats. im not sure why they stopped them from working in moonglow, they worked fine in there for the first two days.

I

imported_Intoxication

It drains your health and mana, but when you use mana it will replace your mana not take it. So as it drains your health cast heal on yourself and you will not only get full health but full mana as well. It works great on my tamer when healing pets with magery, never run out of mana. You just have to remember to watch your health and heal yourself from time to time. It will also take away all your karma so watch yourself if you have chiv or if you just like your karma. I went to dread pretty fast without even realizing i was losing karma. i found though that it was working really well in moonglow for healing pets with magery but from some reason they stopped working in moonglow. so if you were in moonglow while testing it you would only have lost all three stats. im not sure why they stopped them from working in moonglow, they worked fine in there for the first two days.

S

Seleukos

It drains your health and mana, but when you use mana it will replace your mana not take it. So as it drains your health cast heal on yourself and you will not only get full health but full mana as well.

Hi Intoxication,

Thanks for this input.

However it doesn't seem to work as suggested. Perhaps it's use has been somewhat overhyped? What happens is that all is drained out, when I try to heal with the bandies nothing happens. One cannot cast any other heal spell coz there's no MANA??

Anybody ever use it as a Necro? Hope we can get more info on this very intriguing piece of accessory which is not only hard to come by but quite expensive as well.

I am quite sure the veterans out there know the real deal on this Cloak please share and thanks again.

-S-

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
he got answer i think on how it works think he wanted diagram walk through from powergamer!!!!!!!!!!

S

Seleukos

Still got no answers which can be of any help to me.

Except that as suggested if I go low on Mana I pull out this magic cloak wear it then try to heal myself.. hehe wouldn't this be going to far if lets say you are in the middle of trying to kill the Dreadhorn? Can't we just wear em and experience everlasting "mana"?

Perhaps indeed a step by step on how to use it properly would help. Vets can help their experience can be useful in trying to know the ins and outs of this "new" item.

-S-

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Um, there really is NO way to use it......it's a cloak of CORRUPTION....don't wear it! Trust me.....save it for the upcoming turn in event slated for publish 52 if anything just don't put it on!

Wearing this cloak makes strange things happen...animals and normally friendly creatures will either start to follow you and/or attack you randomly for no apparent reason.

Lowers your Karma.....if you wear it, you're chosing the dark side...it's all part of the event going on, check out This Link over on UO Hall to find out more.

S

Seleukos

Thanks for the heads up Larisa..

Surely I cannot wear it at all hehe..

Placed the cursed thing in my armory hope it doesn't infect the rest of my stuff.

-S-

I

imported_Intoxication

i like wearing it. cast spell, get mana back. yay. unlimited mana if you use it right

G

I tried testing it some today. I haven't had any animals follow me but the cloak will not kill you, it doesn't take your health lower than 1. I put the cloak on my Necro/Mage necro is 86.1 and magery is 95.7 nothing special happened.

I tried the threads of life and no change there while wearing the cloak and I killed myself by posioning in my buddy's house and also inside the alternate Moonglow and nothing special happened that I know of.

Going to toy around with it some more near shadow lords and see what happens there. Hope this helps out some.

I

imported_Intoxication

the things that were following only did so do to the fact that it drops your karma. after you run out of karma things that once left you alone will start to come after you. it only works if you use mana while wearing it, but you must remember to use mana before it takes all your mana away or you will have no mana to cast any spells. i have tested it many times.

G

Ahh my karma was already negative. But I went to a field in Yew and the animals there didn't follow me I didn't notice any change. Didn't want to try in a town with peoples pets from what I heard, didn't want anyone guard wacked. That's if that is still in effect though.