• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bye!

G

Well I didn't want to have to do this but. . .I am leaving. I was actually having a lot of fun starting to play again and whatnot but, I purchased a new laptop and the game freezes as soon as it loads the EA Games screen. Even that wasn't making me leave yet, Lee was doing all he could think of to help me but nothing works...umm A for effort I guess. SO then I just decided to go on my PC and play it since it works on there (I just hate what room it got moved into. . .I gave it to my mom and it's in her room so I feel like I am always in her way. . .and I hate her room lol.) and it updated or whatever, and then! Lo and behold, I get a new error yaaay! Failure to start the game. I tried to fix it, verify, random byte updates it gives me then no starty...it hasn't been touched since I got the laptop so IDK. Basically I'm REALLY fed up with all the errors and stuff. I know you guys are moving foward and stuff is changing but I just can't dish out money for a game I can't even play half the time. It's not right. So yeah. Peace.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well I didn't want to have to do this but. . .I am leaving. I was actually having a lot of fun starting to play again and whatnot but, I purchased a new laptop and the game freezes as soon as it loads the EA Games screen. Even that wasn't making me leave yet, Lee was doing all he could think of to help me but nothing works...umm A for effort I guess. SO then I just decided to go on my PC and play it since it works on there (I just hate what room it got moved into. . .I gave it to my mom and it's in her room so I feel like I am always in her way. . .and I hate her room lol.) and it updated or whatever, and then! Lo and behold, I get a new error yaaay! Failure to start the game. I tried to fix it, verify, random byte updates it gives me then no starty...it hasn't been touched since I got the laptop so IDK. Basically I'm REALLY fed up with all the errors and stuff. I know you guys are moving foward and stuff is changing but I just can't dish out money for a game I can't even play half the time. It's not right. So yeah. Peace.

[/ QUOTE ]
Rachel! :O

I had to reinstall last night when I got that error, everything went really smoothly from there. The download also went very very fast for me. So if you want to give it one last shot maybe?

If not sorry to see you go, hope you come back in the future!

G

Yep reinstalling worked like a charm for me and it was very fast. Also Glitter posted about a missing file and gave a link to reinstall it. Look in the tech forum for it.

I really wish everyone would be patient while were all suffering through these changes. Many more things will go wrong before were done. Hang in there, roller coasters are fun anytime but they are most exciting over the big hills!

G

Yeah I took it upon myself to try that, it's updating in the other room right now, but still, if I can't get it to work on my lappy then I just can't play like I want to. This is definitely the pits. Getting the laptop was because I wanted to play TSO on the go and everything now the whole idea is like...irrelevant. I guess I will try once more to get one of my RL tech geek friends to fix the problem, idk I just feel like I'm bothering Lee when I IM him everday saying "OK that didn't work...what now?" lol

edit:

<blockquote><hr>

I really wish everyone would be patient while were all suffering through these changes. Many more things will go wrong before were done. Hang in there, roller coasters are fun anytime but they are most exciting over the big hills!

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that. I just can't justify paying 20 bucks a month (I have 2) for a game that doesn't even load.

G

Im with you there and I hope you can play on your lappy I sure miss mine.

I just dont want to see you go!

D

dinaj

Don't leave out-right just take a 30 day break, thats what I do when the issues get to me .....
.... I am about to take another ...

G

I don't want to take a break. I want to play on my laptop!! lol I don't have that option though so. . .

I

imported_LFancey

Rach,

Your problem is very specific and might actually be related to your hardware which makes it very hard for me to nail down....

Short of having your hardware in my hands I am not sure what else to do...

I understand and I will continue to try to figure it out but so far your issues is the one and only instance we have of this problem.

Lee

G

I know, and it probably is a hardware problem, so aside from getting one of my RL friends to help me I don't know what else to do besides mail you my laptop LOL. I will try to get one of my friends to help out, but if that doesn't work I'm going to have to cancel my accounts if I just can't play.

I

imported_LFancey

Rach,

One more thing to try... see if you can select the Test Center 3 Test and tell me what happens.

Thanks

Lee

G

Awww I hate for you to leave but I understand your frustration. I also had HUGE problems with the game on my laptop. Do you have a vista by any chance? or a wireless connection? These are why my game sometimes crashes or freezes horribly for minutes at a time.

C

Caesar Weezer

<blockquote><hr>

I know, and it probably is a hardware problem, so aside from getting one of my RL friends to help me I don't know what else to do besides mail you my laptop LOL. I will try to get one of my friends to help out, but if that doesn't work I'm going to have to cancel my accounts if I just can't play.

[/ QUOTE ]

What operating system are you on? If you have vista, I may be able to help you troubleshoot because I was having the same problem when I first got my computer.

How much memory do you have?