• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BV Sims - Living outside of EA-Land and TC3?

G

I myself do not have a sim in BV but I know the pain of losing everything that you've worked for. I also understand where the developers are coming from with having trouble migrating the code to have them work in the merged city. My question is if BV is causing you, as in the DEVS, to pull out your hair and curse the floor the game stands on, why can you just have BV as its own city. So in essence you would have TC3, EA-Land and Betaville. That way the DEVS won't have the headaches and the BV'ers would have to lose everything they worked so hard for.

Just curious...

C

calvinscreeksim

I'm getting kinda ticked off because I still do not know 100% how many BV sims I currently have. Is there a sure fire way to check? because last time I tried to click the free will button in normal production city mode it gave me an internal error...I say this because I do remember creating a 'family' of BV sims the day it came out and never went back, so I have no flippen idea if I ever did delete them. I also have have many items on my sims that I would not want to lose my trees, simmys or gnomes because of some stupid sims that I created eons ago and never cared enough to go back and check to delete.

G

If you think about it they must have not been that important if you never played with them. And the answer would be, "i have no clue". Other than to wait til after the merge and see what comes out!

G

You should be able to see all your sims in EA Land. ("-CSCity:EA Land") If they are not in view then no worries (You are allowed 8). BV has been shut down for good.

G

No BV is not gone for good. They (developers) said we keep our sims but not property, money and objects. At a later date BV sims will be welcomed into ea land. I am unclear about skills and locks though. I have 3 BV famlies. That makes 12 sims with most skills maxed. I happen to love running mutiple sims at the same time. Thus I spent most of my time in BV. My best sims are there. If they fix, it would be great. I will have to accept what happens.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Hear me out before you get the wrong impressions....

I love each and every one of my sims.....but I'm not too much worried about my 'betaville' sims. I am saving a couple of them and deleting the rest.

Betaville wasn't so much about the sim or the 'stuff' accumulated there and more to do with 'free-will' for me. I always kept my 'free-wills' on about 75% freewill so they pretty much did what they wanted and it was cause for many hours of laughter too.

Betaville was a much different TSO city then any of the others...things like Community bathrooms in betaville? Ain't happening! Hot kissing without an established relationship? maybe but probably ain't happening either! AND FIRES!!!! Let us not forget we can set fires in Betaville. Or how they really really liked to eat birthday cake. Mine would pass up anything and just eat b-day cake.

I won't sweat over the sims but I will keep my fingers crossed that sometime in the future we might actually get some free-will lots.

G

LOL Do me a favor and log in there. Tell me how many houses are open. Link me to where they say we will lose our lots and everything else.

<blockquote><hr>

Hosting TSO in EA-Land
Posted in Uncategorized, City Merge by Greg on the February 21st, 2008:

Betaville remains a work in progress, and we are doing everything possible to merge as much as possible to EA-Land.

[/ QUOTE ]

All sims on our accounts will receive amnesty based on entitlement. All 8 of them. So that should answer the question about skills and locks.

G

That means we will at least get that. But does not mean we wont get more. There is no maximum on what we can get. I am going to remain hopeful til the end.

That is where my above quote came from, ty.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hosting TSO in EA-Land
Posted in Uncategorized, City Merge by Greg on the February 21st, 2008:

Betaville remains a work in progress, and we are doing everything possible to merge as much as possible to EA-Land.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I hope you get to bring your properties and such with you.

But at the least, you'll have your sims.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hear me out before you get the wrong impressions....

I love each and every one of my sims.....but I'm not too much worried about my 'betaville' sims. I am saving a couple of them and deleting the rest.

Betaville wasn't so much about the sim or the 'stuff' accumulated there and more to do with 'free-will' for me. I always kept my 'free-wills' on about 75% freewill so they pretty much did what they wanted and it was cause for many hours of laughter too.

Betaville was a much different TSO city then any of the others...things like Community bathrooms in betaville? Ain't happening! Hot kissing without an established relationship? maybe but probably ain't happening either! AND FIRES!!!! Let us not forget we can set fires in Betaville. Or how they really really liked to eat birthday cake. Mine would pass up anything and just eat b-day cake.

I won't sweat over the sims but I will keep my fingers crossed that sometime in the future we might actually get some free-will lots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you Dutch, with out freewill, my 'family' doesn't really exist. With out their quirky freewill habits (mine were kept on full freewill at all times and I had great fun 'rescuing' them from disaster), they are just another bunch of passive, stare-into-space, dolls.....it will be like seeing them turned in to a bunch of puppets, after having been wooden boys (Pinochio in reverse).

G

Gilly do you think it would be possible to just have BV be it's own city? Just bey reading some of the numerous posts about BV I wished I had played in BV.

I can see it being the same setup like before when you went into the sign-in screen. The choices being TC3, Ea-Land and BV. It just makes sense.

G

I seriously doubt it.

The Betaville code was never completed, which led to it being very buggy and unstable. It is different coding, from the regular game and apparently from the things being said, giving the current Dev Team fits, trying to fit parts of it (avatars, properties &amp; inventory) into EA-Land.

From what I have read, the best we can hope for, is that they *may* be able to create some 'freewill' lots further down the road, after higher priority stuff is finished.

G

Guess they couldn't get the iron hot enough to iron out those bugs huh? That sucks!

G

GregK

The Betaville move tests were positive - so the bar has been raised some. We've successfully moved (bullet train) two families from BV to EA-Land with all their objects. No simoleans or lots of course, i.e. the standard bullet train.

It looks like we have a busy couple of weeks ahead. Moving TC3 and EA-Land next week. Then continuing the merges the following week(s). Finally, seeing if it will be possible to move the lots from BV. (Currently it is unclear whether the lot data is compatible -- we have to run some tests after the other cities are done).

We will be running the bullet trains on Thursday so we should have a few of the Betaville folks in EA-Land starting to tomorrow.

Regards,
gk

G

Dev's you guys are doing an awesome job. Keep it up!

I'm just happy to hear that AV will soon be on it's way home

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I

imported_DutchAmerica

WTG!!!

Our dev team rocks doesn't it!!!

(maybe we'll have to put together a proposal for a new category lot? the 'Free-Will' lot? Instead of having a 'free-will' city....maybe free will lots? That might be an easier 'do' than making an entire city free-will?)

G

If you wanted to make a 'free will' lot wouldn't that mean ALL the sims have to be given that 'free will' choice? It would turn on/off when entering/exiting that lot? That would be an interesting idea.

I

imported_princess45001

i agree 100% the fun of bv was free will now that its leaving y do i need 4 sims there?i assumed we would stay free will now not so happy:(

I

imported_princess45001

your allowed 4 bv sims so wont lose any other sims because of them in merge or so i was told

G

<blockquote><hr>

WTG!!!

Our dev team rocks doesn't it!!!

(maybe we'll have to put together a proposal for a new category lot? the 'Free-Will' lot? Instead of having a 'free-will' city....maybe free will lots? That might be an easier 'do' than making an entire city free-will?)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an excellent idea for a Wiki post. You should do that!

G

<blockquote><hr>

your allowed 4 bv sims so wont lose any other sims because of them in merge or so i was told

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that is true *if* you do not end up with a maximumm of more than 6 EA Land sims after all the cities, excluding BV, have been merged. If you do have more than 6 EA Land sims, making 10 total sims in EA Land if you have a family of 4 in BV, then your older sims will overwrite the younger, whether they are in BV or EA Land currently. If the BV sims are younger, you'd lose the surplus over 10 total. If your EA Land sim is younger, then you'd lose however many EA Land sims are needed to bring your EA Land total to 10.

G

When did it change from 8 to 10? Last I have seen posted is 8. Do you actually have 10 sims on an account? Can you link me?

The devs brought up the freewill area in EA Land a few months ago.

G

<blockquote><hr>

When did it change from 8 to 10? Last I have seen posted is 8. Do you actually have 10 sims on an account? Can you link me?

The devs brought up the freewill area in EA Land a few months ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be incorrect, but I was thinking 6 was the base number, plus 4 BV sims equals 10. If you do a search though you can probably come up with the thread Gracie started that talks about it and see whether or not that is correct.

At any rate, whether 8 or 10, if your total number of EA Land sims following the last number is higher, then the oldest max number of sims (8 or 10) will win and the rest will become inaccessible. If I remember from that thread correctly, they won't be deleted entirely, but you won't be able to access them to play until you delete an older sim to clear that slot so that the next oldest covered up one can show.