• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Buying Armor Buying Studded Armor

-Hey Arnold-

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking to buy studded tunic,gloves,sleeves,leggings,gorget with the exact mods: 8lmc 3mr 8mana inc 10 stam inc 4 dex Paying 100m each piece. icq: 623735373

bmfrench

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have pieces similar to that (if not better) on Chessy, if you are still looking

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Is that combo even possible?

My first thought is to use a horned hit, with Haste/Restoration props and hope for the 10 SI, 4Dex from Haste, and 3MR from Resto.

Problem is you get an imbue weight of 150(from MR) + 132 (from the Stam) + 55 (I assume the dex is calculated as 4/8 * 1.1) = 332, and you still need 110 from LMC and 110 from Mana increase = 552.

So horned kit + imbue is not possible.

Ok, so then you're up to a barbed kit, choosing Haste/ and Mystic, + powerful. Now we have enough imbue weight to get there. However, the chances of getting that particular mix of mods is AT BEST .33 * .33 * .2 * .2 * .2 = .00087 (this assumes that the probability of getting any one property is equal within a given family, and that the kit will never give you some random mod from outside the 2 titels you chose too). Let alone the pieces you'll get with 10 mana, but only 8 stam.

So the chance to get any piece is somewhat worse than 1 in 1000, and takes 6 charges of barbed kit, meaning you can expect to spend 400 kits per piece. That puts the value of each piece at more like 800m - not 100M.

Think about the price of this item as a perfectly clean shame arty. There's NO CHANCE it goes for only 100M.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

My first thought is to use a horned hit, with Haste/Restoration props and hope for the 10 SI, 4Dex from Haste, and 3MR from Resto.

Problem is you get an imbue weight of 150(from MR) + 132 (from the Stam) + 55 (I assume the dex is calculated as 4/8 * 1.1) = 332, and you still need 110 from LMC and 110 from Mana increase = 552.

Ok, so then you're up to a barbed kit, choosing Haste/ and Mystic, + powerful. Now we have enough imbue weight to get there. However, the chances of getting that particular mix of mods is AT BEST .33 * .33 * .2 * .2 * .2 = .00087 (this assumes that the probability of getting any one property is equal within a given family, and that the kit will never give you some random mod from outside the 2 titels you chose too). Let alone the pieces you'll get with 10 mana, but only 8 stam.

So the chance to get any piece is somewhat worse than 1 in 1000, and takes 6 charges of barbed kit, meaning you can expect to spend 400 kits per piece. That puts the value of each piece at more like 800m - not 100M.

Think about the price of this item as a perfectly clean shame arty. There's NO CHANCE it goes for only 100M.
The chance in a piece like that is about 1 in 50 , its not that hard 300 charges of barbed kit should get you one .. which is about 75m worth

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

100mil is fair if thats what somoene is happy getting for it. average from my experience is about 100-300mil worth of kits to get the peice. keep in mind you get alot of other less valuable pieces, but still some value so can sell off the decent stuff as well. i sell "ok" stuff from 3-40mil ususally.

Last edited:

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
The chance in a piece like that is about 1 in 50 , its not that hard 300 charges of barbed kit should get you one .. which is about 75m worth

Ok, I'll buy that, I was enforcing order amongst the choices. I really want to answer the question "8 choose 5" which is 56, but this is a specific 5, so 1 in 56, which matches well to your 1 in 50 approximation.

The problem still falls on getting the intensities right though. The OP goes so far as to use the words "exact", which is odd since he's buying a full suit, I would assume that the total mods of the suit would matter, but not that each piece needed to be exactly that. So that issue not with standing, I suspect you'll need to wade through a bunch of MR4 or 10 mana 0r 10 LMC pieces...

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The thing is once you get that 10 stam and 8 lmc piece, the others mods are most likely going to be 3 MR with MI and dex inc, or if unlucky you'll get stamina regen instead of mana regen. Its all about getting that 10 stam + 8 lmc and pray for the mana regen...

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thing is once you get that 10 stam and 8 lmc piece, the others mods are most likely going to be 3 MR with MI and dex inc, or if unlucky you'll get stamina regen instead of mana regen. Its all about getting that 10 stam + 8 lmc and pray for the mana regen...
since this a math guy, it would be more correct to say "get stamina regen instead of dex" and "getting mana instead of int" since the properties are split, 5milish stam regen ones are by far the most common.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
since this a math guy, it would be more correct to say "get stamina regen instead of dex" and "getting mana instead of int" since the properties are split, 5milish stam regen ones are by far the most common.
I never seen a 10 stam 8 lmc piece with both mana and stam regen on it, usually its only 1 regen when 10 stam 8 lmc pop ...

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never seen a 10 stam 8 lmc piece with both mana and stam regen on it, usually its only 1 regen when 10 stam 8 lmc pop ...
sure you dont mean 8mana? i have alot with like, 8lmc, 3mr, 3sr, 10stam 4dex. maybe i just see them more often becaues they arent as desireable as 8mana no dex, or even 4int 4dex.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
sure you dont mean 8mana? i have alot with like, 8lmc, 3mr, 3sr, 10stam 4dex. maybe i just see them more often becaues they arent as desireable as 8mana no dex, or even 4int 4dex.
Right yea they are less desirable but I didnt know both regen could pop on a piece that doesnt have the invigorating name...

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i find it pretty common, the sr comes from animated, the mr from sorcery. Since theres only 3mods in animated (stam increase, stam regen, and dex) and 4 in sorcery (mana increase, mana regen, intelligence increase, lower mana cost) the "good" pieces have to be statistically light on animated, heavy on sorcery.

Ive never seen a piece with 4 sorcery mods an only 1 or 2 animated mods, which is why its so hard to get rid of that stam regen.