• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Buying simoleons?

G

Can someone tell me how many simoleons you can get for how much money and where the atms are in the game? Thank you.

V

vapd3317

you can find the ATMs at store lots. Never used one, so not sure of the "actual" exchange rate

G

I just read another post with the rate, but thank you for telling me where to find them. Guess I'll have to be a paying member to buy simoleons then since I am currently restricted to just visiting houses as a free member.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I just read another post with the rate, but thank you for telling me where to find them. Guess I'll have to be a paying member to buy simoleons then since I am currently restricted to just visiting houses as a free member.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually you can visit all properties apart from money and skill houses

G

This could add up to a lot of real money when you figure in the price to buy a lot, the price to build the house, and membership fees. I'm going to have to rethink this.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Free members can go to store lots also, so no, you dont have to be premium to use the ATMs, though I never recommend to *anyone* to use the ATMs...some feel that they defeat the purpose of the game, though I do understand that some don't.

G

<blockquote><hr>

This could add up to a lot of real money when you figure in the price to buy a lot, the price to build the house, and membership fees. I'm going to have to rethink this.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have to have a house to play the game. I am a subscriber with a new sim, and I have not purchased any sim money for anything.

A really good way to have the sim life you would like without having to actually have sim money to support it is to be a roommate.

G

Thanks, but I kind of want my own place so I can display my own taste. People usually like oversized houses with a lot of unrealistic stuff in it. That's fine, but not me. I like smaller houses, about the size of one upgrade, privacy, and regular home stuff inside of it. I'll get my socializing from visiting other lots when my social goes down and I need it or when I need to skill.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks, but I kind of want my own place so I can display my own taste. People usually like oversized houses with a lot of unrealistic stuff in it. That's fine, but not me. I like smaller houses, about the size of one upgrade, privacy, and regular home stuff inside of it. I'll get my socializing from visiting other lots when my social goes down and I need it or when I need to skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

That kind of goal won't be nearly as expensive as if you were going to run a public lot and therefore needed a size 6-8 property, and several sets of greening objects as opposed to 1-2 sets. I will warn you, there's not much to actually *do* on residence lots since you can't skill, make money, and don't even have to green on them, all of which are very big chunks of the game, but still if you just want a lot that you can create for the sake of expressing creativity, and have a place to go to have a 1 on 1 face to face private convo, then that'd be the way to go......you just probably wouldn't end up spending alot of time there.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Actually residence lots are great for greeting ghosts from the robot factory explosions. I visit them quite often to get revived and tip the owners.

Residence lots are also great for making friends.

G

I don't think I'll be working at the robot factory if I might get blown up...yikes! But I did just make a sim at the Test City 3 location and made a whole 9 simoleons canning. So then I found a pretty good skill house. I think I'll be spending a lot of time there. I figure 5 cooking and 5 creativity skills. Then I'll try canning again and see what happens with painting. Money will come real slow, but at least I won't be buying simoleons and my mood will stay high. I'll get money for a lot eventually, one case of jam and one painting at a time. I feel like my sim is living during the great depression, lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

A really good way to have the sim life you would like without having to actually have sim money to support it is to be a roommate.

[/ QUOTE ]There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a homeless sim hobo like me, either!

S

sammiiJo

I have a question here and although its your choice .....if you have to pay for simoleans why not just make your sims a pay account so you can spend the same money and play the game for a full month and actually see what the whole thing is about

G

Well, I decided not to pay. I started playing a sim in TC3 and in one day I gained enough skill points to make 497 canning. If I keep gaining skill points and canning at lots with the most jammers, I could buy a lot in a weeks time. It doesn't seem so impossible now. The house I've been skilling at has everything. It's pretty cool. And I found a money house that has 30+ sims in it at a time, with a lot of them jamming. So this should work out ok.

G

You are able to go to stores and other places as well. Free account members are skilling at stores and other places. Being on a free account does not just limit you to visiting houses only.

G

If you don't pay you will not make any money from money objects.

G

I'm making money on Test City 3. I made 497 simoleons today. Actually I got 100 when I made my sim. Just from gaining skill points (I have 5 cooking and 2 creativity) I was able to jam my way up to 497. If I can make that about 500 a day, I should be able to buy a lot with money left over to start building a house.