• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Buying Sigil Colored Veteran Robe on Atlantic !!!

G

Buying Sigil Colored Veteran Robe on Atlantic !!!

icq me 102388892

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pretty sure those are illegal?....i had a sigil colored shroud of shadows that a GM deld....=/

T

TheGwy

Sigil Colored ANYTHING is LEGAL now including Shrouds and Vet Robes/Cloaks

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

good so find me one for sale

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

not exactly for sure where you came to that conclusion, but my sigil colored shroud was deld not just too long ago....and i just paged a GM on a sigil colored vet robe i had to see if it was legal and he changed it back to original hue....so i think ur mistaken

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's a guy with a sigil umbra robe on EU. He has had it for months and he is seen at wbb quite a lot.
So I'm not too sure if they are deleted on sight.

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
all i know is, Mine was....thats all im saying, so id buy this kinda stuff at ur own risk =/

T

TheGwy

I've had my sigil vet bronze robe for years in front of GMs, seen 2 people wear sigil hued umbra shrouds at an Europa event also, and it was posted on UO's website that sigil everythign was legal, the page was the one where they post what items are still considered illegal, sigil has been legal for years now

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
never said sigil wasnt legal....just the means to get vet robes and shrouds were different than to get items, armor, and other things. other clothing pieces can simply be dyed with sigil tub, shrouds and vet robes can not, and the method to obtain them this way was far different and alot more illegal at the time to do so.

unless someone can page a GM and ask "is the shroud and robe in my pack legal to own" and post a pic of the question with the GM response, im guna say there illegal, cuz both of mine were just deld....

again, buy these at ur own risk =/

G

I tend to agree with Trey. While sigil items are legal to own, you buy them at your own risk. What with the flakey and new GMs we have these days.

G

i had a staff of the magi that i made sigil and had it for months and one day i logged in and it was white again, i was so mad

S

Sorcon Gartius

It's definitely at your own risk because a GM can either do it or not do it...It's really random as to whether they'll unhue a vet robe or sigil shroud... If they decide to unhue it, nobody is going to to rehue it for you... And it's going to just be random on which GM they get. There's definitely nothing WRONG with them unhueing something created as a bug/exploit.

I

imported_Wraith One

I don't know what this sigil tub is you speak of but sigil items were not created by a tub or any form of dye. it's a faction bug/exploit that when you stole the faction sigil from a city/town you turn entirely purple and while putting items on/taking them off had a rare chance of changing the color permanently gave it the sigil color. They mentioned years ago the bug/exploit was illegal and then mentioned that owning was illegal but currently anything sigil color should be legal to own wear or use without concern as they have actually fixed the bug that created the hued items. Also to note items that you could not wear and are called sigil aren't sigil. eg runebooks.

G

There is a hue in the normal dye tub that matches Sigil....thats what he ment

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I don't know what this sigil tub is you speak of but sigil items were not created by a tub or any form of dye. it's a faction bug/exploit that when you stole the faction sigil from a city/town you turn entirely purple and while putting items on/taking them off had a rare chance of changing the color permanently gave it the sigil color. They mentioned years ago the bug/exploit was illegal and then mentioned that owning was illegal but currently anything sigil color should be legal to own wear or use without concern as they have actually fixed the bug that created the hued items. Also to note items that you could not wear and are called sigil aren't sigil. eg runebooks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Omi is right, there is a Sigil Hue in Dyeing Tubs to allow you to Dye Wearable Items, and they robes / shrouds were made thru a different exploit than what the armor etc was. and what in the world do you mean that items you can not wear are not sigil? that makes no sense dude lol, Sigil is basicly Referred to as a hue, a light purple item, not exactly for sure what you ment by that statement.

W

Wastelands

Well I think he meant, If its not wearable it was probably not hued using faction bug, because you had to get disarmed or get weakened and stuff for the item you were wearing to drop in pack/floor and become sigil hued.

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol, Nay, that was just the most easiest / common way of doing it....that one wasnt even really an exploit to be honest, and im pretty sure you can still do that one.

the exploit was done in a much different manor tis why it was illegal, and all of those items are considered to be "Sigil"

Still that made no sense lol, he said "any items you could not wear and are called sigil are not sigil"....so what about Armor pieces and such of that nature? platemail i can see being done to a newb but like leather ar and such?

any ways, we are getting wayyyy off topic here lol

W

Wastelands

Dunno, thats how i always did it, still have a couple of Sigil Orc mask i hued i wear around, 1 on atlantic one on baja, and sigil arcane sheild.Had to equip and have another person keep disarming untill it dropped sigil.

Never knew of another way,And currently there is no KNOWN way to faction hue,But people with the bugged leather tubs are dying leather armor etc making it seem that way.

I

imported_Wraith One

Thank you wastelands that is what I meant. Most items you see can't be dyed with a regular tub. The item that the person asked about, the Vet Robe, is not dyeable with a regular tub.

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye, but it also wasn't obtainable thru the means either of you described....the items from the exploit you guys were talking about were deemed legal, this was from a totally different exploit, which to my knowledge has yet to be deemed legal, as all of mine were deld....