• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Buying/Selling Greater Dragons

A

Argentum

I have a couple greater dragons that I wish to sell off. Now this post is not intended to advertise them, price check, or to find out what is "good" for stats/skills. I would like to get a feel as to how the market (buyers) prefers that they be sold, so on to my questiion...

Do you prefer to buy the greater dragons trained or untrained?

Since you can calculate the dragons skill caps (if untrained), there should be little (to no) risk in buying an untrained one. I say little because the skill might be 0.1 percent off, when fully trained up. Where as a partially trained dragon's skill caps cannot be determined, without full training, so there would be high risk in buying that one.

-Argentum

P

Prudentis

<blockquote><hr>

Since you can calculate the dragons skill caps (if untrained), there should be little (to no) risk in buying an untrained one.

-Argentum

[/ QUOTE ]
And what about the risk of buying a supposedly untrained dragon, only to find out, it was somewhat trained to make it look superior?

G

You can still guess if it is semi-trained by how high anatomy is. If anat is 30-40 and skills like wrestling and tactics are sub GM you could most likely say those skills will be sub-par in the end.

To the OP I perfer to tame my own, it just doesn't seem right for someone else to tame my pets. Now I have sold pets but that is because I had pets someone was specificly looking for. Mostly If I tame a pet for someone it is free but they get what they get I don't farm for good pets in those situations.

I

imported_Farsight

I'm actually considering buying one, but I'll probably go tame my own.

But what I'd consider is an untrained, and therefore much cheaper dragon. I don't have much gold at the moment.

If I had the gold, I'd consider a trained pet. That would be a great time saver and there would be no surprises about the stats/skills later on.

A

Argentum

Prudentis,

An anatomy skill greater than 20 is a solid indication that there has been some training.

-Argentum

G

Exactly, any of the skills that spawn at 0 would have increased enough to be noticible in a so-called "fresh" dragon which was part-trained. Mine have gained 20-30 just through beating them down before taming, so it should be very hard to miss. The only thing I think you could train without bumping other skills would me resist, as you can tell a pet to stay then cast on it.

Wenchy

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think if someone wanted to deceive a buyer they could do it pretty easily. There should be a better way to look if a tame has been trained besides Anatomy. It will be up to the honor and reputation of the seller that will be the deciding factor most of the time imho.

I

imported_revenant2

I think the only somewhat deceiveable skill on a superdragon is the magic resist, and it sure wouldn't be worth the time to screw around with just that deception.

If the dragon's stamina/dex is at 125, then something was messed with, that's how you would potentially detect someone who had trained the resist up.

Anatomy at 0 is of course the perfect indicator of an untouched dragon in terms of wrestling and tactics. Very low anat also tells you that it didn't have much training. It's also helpful to a buyer or even, if you are giving a dragon away, to have a screenshot of the skills lore page from when it was still wild.

In my experience, the buyers who understand the most, plus seriously use the dragons to their potential, plus have the cash, will pay around 10 - 20 mill for the right superdragon. Maybe even more. I think the higher value the dragon, the more the owner may prefer to have it either fully trained or completely untouched, to avoid any ambiguity.

If I sell a pet to someone, if it's trained, they are also paying for my time in training it. Taking the top superdragons all the way up to 128 - 130 wrestling is not trivial.

I think some buyers won't pay correct price for certain superdragons, but might overpay on others, because they don't understand them well. It's all about the buyer, sorta.