• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Buying Prepatch Nightmare

Jessica Marie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would like to purchase a prepatch nightmare high resists over standard resist . PM plz if ytou have one with stats and resists'

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are the specific difference between a "pre-patch" and a normal nightmare?

What patch was it tamed before? What shard are you looking for one on?

Stayin Alive,

BG

Jessica Marie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually really could care less what shard. And first one i saw was today had resists that were like 200% higher than Max.So if you have one let me know

J

[JD]

never heard of one, but please let us know when you get one! would be very interested in seeing screenshots of the animal lore for it.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well for all the peeps who never seen or heard of one. Here one is!
The screenshot of the lore smells pretty fishy to me unless they have changed how naming pets work. I know you could not put in spaces however if it had a space you could keep it in. For example "a unicorn" could be turned into "billy bob" by keeping the space in there and just editing each word. "a bake kitsune" could be turned into "billy bob thornton". Nightmares in game are "a nightmare" so how would you be able to name it "A a night mare"? Seems like the screenies are from a free shard or something.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know the KR client, and possibly the EC, allow renaming pets with more than their original number of spaces.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I know the KR client, and possibly the EC, allow renaming pets with more than their original number of spaces.
This isn't the first time I've heard of these nightmares, and yes, the EC allows multiple spaces in pet names.

Jessica Marie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The screenshot of the lore smells pretty fishy to me unless they have changed how naming pets work. I know you could not put in spaces however if it had a space you could keep it in. For example "a unicorn" could be turned into "billy bob" by keeping the space in there and just editing each word. "a bake kitsune" could be turned into "billy bob thornton". Nightmares in game are "a nightmare" so how would you be able to name it "A a night mare"? Seems like the screenies are from a free shard or something.
Meh ,

No need to post a fake animal on here. The horse is as real as my prepatch 108.6 Dread Mare!

M

maroite

Meh ,

No need to post a fake animal on here. The horse is as real as my prepatch 108.6 Dread Mare!
Pretty sure the dreads weren't patched.

As I posted before, tactics is high on them. Although I personally don't have any untrained dread now with over 100 tactics, I have several that are untrained and around 99.

Guessing the dread you tamed just had super high tactics. Luck most likely.

Also, I use the EC, and unless there is a trick to adding spaces in pet names, you can't do it, even in the EC.

T

Tinsil

Damn those are some sexy resists on that mare. If you find two lmk!

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All of my mares are 8+ years old (up to about 10 years), and none of mine have resists like that. Which patch do they need to come before?

Also, I use the EC, and unless there is a trick to adding spaces in pet names, you can't do it, even in the EC.
I was wondering about the trick as well, because when I change a pet name in the EC it removes the current space(s) and will not let me enter a name with a space.

G

gramarye

To add spaces in the EC you need to use the Dar_Zared Custom UI.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Meh ,

You keep saying prepatch...what patch are you refering to? My nightmares are all ovr 8 years old and none have resists like that.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You keep saying prepatch...what patch are you refering to? My nightmares are all ovr 8 years old and none have resists like that.
Well... I wasn't going to say this... But I will anyway...

I don't think that mare is a "prepatch" anything.

I've been looking for a mare like that ever since I got back about seven months ago. I have reason to believe (albeit from third hand information) that those mares still spawn. They are just very very very rare.

The legendary Sarphus was the first one to tell me about those mares, and someone showed him one. The person that showed it to him had just gone into a dungeon one day, and there it was. I think it may have been something like two or three years ago.

I think it is a safe guess that the above mare was tamed by someone using the KR client. That would explain the name. Not only that, but the person that showed Sarphus the super mare claimed to have spoken to a dev about it, and claimed to have been told that they still spawn. If you want another clue that that mare isn't as old as everyone seems to think it is, take a look at the skills.

It's just that no one that I can think of has actually been farming nightmares. Even without the chance for that super nightmare, they are, in my opinion, the most underrated pet in the game... ;)

M

maroite

Well... I wasn't going to say this... But I will anyway...

I don't think that mare is a "prepatch" anything.

I've been looking for a mare like that ever since I got back about seven months ago. I have reason to believe (albeit from third hand information) that those mares still spawn. They are just very very very rare.

The legendary Sarphus was the first one to tell me about those mares, and someone showed him one. The person that showed it to him had just gone into a dungeon one day, and there it was. I think it may have been something like two or three years ago.

I think it is a safe guess that the above mare was tamed by someone using the KR client. That would explain the name. Not only that, but the person that showed Sarphus the super mare claimed to have spoken to a dev about it, and claimed to have been told that they still spawn. If you want another clue that that mare isn't as old as everyone seems to think it is, take a look at the skills.

It's just that no one that I can think of has actually been farming nightmares. Even without the chance for that super nightmare, they are, in my opinion, the most underrated pet in the game... ;)
Maybe I will go to Ilsh and train my disco bards dragon on some nightmare for a week or two. ;p

Would be interesting to see one spawn... could possibly sell something like that for more than a Dread. 2 slot ridable pet with those resists??

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the person that showed Sarphus the super mare claimed to have spoken to a dev about it, and claimed to have been told that they still spawn
I remember you guys talking about this. Very interesting easter egg if so, I remember reading something like there was maybe a 0.0001% chance or something nuts.

LOL i spawned 15 mares just now, recording the data for fun :) but on 15th one I landed a 206 total resists guy w/ 522 STR, so I ended up taming it haha ... 308/522 with 65/35/39/39/28 (darkest shade as well). There goes my research.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I remember you guys talking about this. Very interesting easter egg if so, I remember reading something like there was maybe a 0.0001% chance or something nuts.
I think that the chances of getting a mare like this are less than they are for getting a blaze cu sidhe. In other words, you could possibly farm for twenty years and never see one. So far I've farmed hundreds of mares, and I have yet to see one. But it's worth trying imo, I love mares.