• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Buying Neon Leather Dye Tub paying 200m

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Will only accept doing trade through Leo (leogaming.com) Brokers for free.
Doing this will ensure the trade goes smoothly and it is a legit dye tub.

If you do not agree to the above, don't bother trying to sell me one.

Offering 200m, though I'm open to negotiation

210-378-401

G

Aren't these illegal to own? This may have changed, but last I knew they were considered deletable on sight.

*EDIT*
Did alil digging and found the official UO statement on this item:

<blockquote><hr>

OK, I'm going to respond publicly, since there's a bunch of confusion about the issue. This particular item is "non-supported", which means it's bugged but not bannable. If we ever fix these items in the future, you're plain out of luck - we won't reimburse in any way. However, we aren't taking any other action against them at the moment - we won't fix, delete, or reimburse for it." - Jeremy, UO Community Coordinator

[/ QUOTE ]

G

hehe, just wanted to make sure I didn't make a false statement regarding the item.

BTW, there were a significant number created on GL, so that might be a good place to look. I know of at least one on ATL as well.

I

imported_gwen_alcestis

iF you dont care about the tub being illegal, i guess you also don't care about your broker being illegal?

G

<blockquote><hr>

iF you dont care about the tub being illegal, i guess you also don't care about your broker being illegal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Neon dye tubs are not illegal. Brokers illegal? Do you even know what you are saying lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

Brokers illegal? Do you even know what you are saying lol

[/ QUOTE ]
Perhaps referring to a "broker" named leo being banned for dealing in dupes during the big sweep a while ago?

G

Who cares. He has brokered hundreds of trades by many reputable people on these boards. Besides, who hasn't been banned? I'm on my 4th account and I've been playing since beta.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been playing since 98 and not been banned. Thank you very much.

P

Philanthropist

<blockquote><hr>

Ive never been pema banned, been playin since 98.
and really if your banned your technaclly not allowed to play again...but since you use dupers and create and sell duped items im sure you dont care. People like you are why uo is dying.

[/ QUOTE ]
There is a nuance though.
Selling items (that you have bought) that might have been duped
and
Duping items yourself.

And to declare that Leo is a duper and belongs in the latter category without any evidence, but the fact that he has been banned, is rather harsh. I don't know any details of his case (and none of you can, seeing as EA never comments on individual cases - not even in the case of the now infamous Xanthar on Atlantic, who owned quite possibly the nicest collection of rares ever in UO and was banned under very odd circumstances). Most traders have owned duped items without even knowing. Because there is NO way to see it. NO way at all. Heck, I might personally even own items that have been duped by some guy years ago. So might you.
And I stay away from duping and cheating the best way I can.

I am not making any judgment here, I am just saying that just convicting someone of something because 'everyone else does' is just a sign of weakness.

The reason UO's economy has 'died' or at least been severely wounded is because it was possible to dupe. Not due to 1 person that might have bought (even in a large quantity) duped items and sells those for RL cash.

I never had any problems with Leo personally.

R

Rykus

<blockquote><hr>

Who cares. He has brokered hundreds of trades by many reputable people on these boards. Besides, who hasn't been banned? I'm on my 4th account and I've been playing since beta.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's like saying - "Who hasn't been put in prison?"...

Just because many people have, yourself included, doesn't mean the MAJORITY of the population has been banned. I have 8 accounts, 5 active, and have never been banned, or even suspended. I would guess that the MAJORITY of the UO population can say the same.

I agree, you and your ilk are one of the primary reasons UO is dying on the vine. GOOD JOB!

*sarcastic thumbs up*

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You are an idiot and need a beating IRL.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You've been banned four times?

Anyone stupid enough to trust you for a trade deserves everything he gets.

I

imported_gwen_alcestis

Same goes for anyone dealing with Leo if you ask me.
If you get banned cause you have his dirty gold or dirty items in your posession (and yes this actually DID happen) , don't cry.

I

imported_mask-z

Hmmmm you can t accusing peoples cause they buying items legals or illegals, at the moment where items are use in game and many people use it, and items where optained by gm themself, where is the dupes or illegal ???
I think you take this game too seriously, ppl play for fun, i don t think collor of armors parts dying by a neon tub change something in the play... that s an error from gm, they need assume that and not harrase ppl or ban someone.

You should spend more energy in your irl life, and keep uo for fun, instead of doing the police for a game, when you we have gm for that.

G

Easily 80% of every High end arty in this game has been duped. Ornaments, hat of Magis, Inquisitors, Jackals, Crimsons, Crystalines, AoFs. Duped things are on everyones hands.

Leo is a respectable broker, and I would never do a high end deal without him. Even the moderators vouch for him, get over yourselves.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The reason UO's economy has 'died' or at least been severely wounded is because it was possible to dupe. Not due to 1 person that might have bought (even in a large quantity) duped items and sells those for RL cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

That couldn't be further from the truth. Duping saving the economy. Gold scripters bring in by themselves easily 100m a day to the UO economy. If arties were not duped, we would be paying 200m for ornys with the massive amounts of gold in the economy since the supply would be extremely limited.

Gold farmers are what ruined the economy, but it was saved by duping.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That couldn't be further from the truth. Duping saving the economy. Gold scripters bring in by themselves easily 100m a day to the UO economy. If arties were not duped, we would be paying 200m for ornys with the massive amounts of gold in the economy since the supply would be extremely limited.

Gold farmers are what ruined the economy, but it was saved by duping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your statement says all I have to know about you. I wont need to make a comment--you have done more to yourself and your rep with your statement than anything anyone could possibly say.

G

Assume what you will, I don't care to change your mind. But the simple fact that duping did save the economy is true, whether you want to believe it or not.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am locking this thread. It is degrading fast and is only going to end up in an all out flame war. Please start another thread regarding buying the tub and avoid making statements like "duping saved the economy" if you are interested in keeping the discussion on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.