• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

buying damaged books deco items.

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i need about 9 sets of the spread out damaged boos for my library if anyone has them.Paying 10k for a set or 1k each

G

The thing is, those are the ones that spawn in the room of the dead in the gauntlet. You need a gold skull to get there in the first place and then you must be dead to get into the room.

It's a lot of trouble for something that doesn't normally sell for a very high price. I've seen them for as little as 100gp on Europa.

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
exactly, but its the only way i know of that you can get the goza mats above the ceiling for deco stuff to go up there like in the better homes and castles forums. it says i only need 3 but i was told i needed 9 for it to work. i cant seem to get the mats up any higher than the deco tool allows though.

G

*edit*

Found Sarsmi's post that describes how to do this.

<blockquote><hr>

Malas is actually in the negative z axis coordinates, don't ask me how I know this as I can't say, just take my word for it.

I never did test out if that makes a difference in how high you can go with goza floors - someone else I think tested and found out you can get as high as 120 or so (that would be like using the int dec tool 120 times to get something to go up).

Basically each floor in a regular house is 20 high. You can raise about 15. I think to match ceiling level you need three small wooden tables and three large doom book stacks. You also need spare goza mats to make an 'elevator'. Basically think of it like this - you can keep stacking items on top of each other all the way as far as they would go, but your arms are only so long right? So you need something to stand on top of so you can reach up there to stack more tables (or items or whatever).

What you would do is stack three tables on top of each other. On the floor in front to the east or south you would put down 2 square goza side by side. Raise one 2 times and the other 4 times, a little mini stair case. Walk up to the higher one and raise the lower one 4 times. This way you can keep raising yourself up higher. Anyways you really just need to do it the one initial time to get you 4 off the ground.

This allows you to stack the 3 damaged book piles on top of the 3 tables and then you can place the square goza on top of those. This goza mat is now ceiling height. Remove the damaged book pile that is second from the top (the middle one in other words) the remove all the other stuff. Now you'll have to step off the mini staircase to reach the bottom table to remove it (your arms are too short to reach down there, remember? )

The best place to start building a new ceiling/floor is the northwest corner, because circle trans does not affect goza mats so they would block your sight if you started from another corner. You can work your way across in rows or columns. Also beware that goza mats do cause lag. Unfortunately, or each of my houses would probably have five additional floors. Castles cannot have a full goza floor because their grassy areas are not ever enclosed by real floor, so the z axis space above them can't ever have gozas placed on it. However this is just what I know, if there is a way to bypass this somehow I would be greatly interested in finding out how.

Keeps can have full floors tho like I said even with a keep the lag is crazy. It's fun to have for a while but then when you have to do stuff around the house and you are stutter stepping everywhere it is a huge pain in the booty, so you might want to keep that in mind for houses that you use a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

-Skylark

U

unforgivenUO

<blockquote><hr>

The thing is, those are the ones that spawn in the room of the dead in the gauntlet. You need a gold skull to get there in the first place and then you must be dead to get into the room.

It's a lot of trouble for something that doesn't normally sell for a very high price. I've seen them for as little as 100gp on Europa.

[/ QUOTE ]

nopers
these spawn in the room where you summon the gold skull monster next to the stacked books every six hours

G

ahh! my mistake.
I was thinking of the 'damaged books', which do spawn over the gauntlet. Those are just named as 'books' I think.

details here

I

imported_King Edward

Damaged BOOS????

Get the GM's too fix those broken ghosts. And higher"d slavery is illegal (dead or not)...
=P

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

*edit*

Found Sarsmi's post that describes how to do this.

<blockquote><hr>

Malas is actually in the negative z axis coordinates, don't ask me how I know this as I can't say, just take my word for it.

-Skylark

[/ QUOTE ]

what exactly does that mean? i just want to add one additional level, and i have a staircaser built to get up(easy) i just cant get it above the ceiling height or max height for int deco tool

G

Heh, that was Sarsmi's comment, but the way I understand it, true isometric view the angles between the 3 axes is 120 degrees, the z axis is the "up" axis as in our "vertical" layers in UO. By saying Malas is negative z axis I took it to mean along the lines of below sea level, so since you are starting from a lower "elevation" you can get higher maximum z axis than on other facets with building layers.

-Skylark

G

This is some pretty high tech deco stuff. *backs away slowly*

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Do you still need these? I have recently acquired many of them.

[/ QUOTE ]
yes ill take like 9 of em if your sellin. also if someone has experience in building a new level id apreciate a hand sometime.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

This is some pretty high tech deco stuff. *backs away slowly*

[/ QUOTE ]

Kelmo, if you think this is high tech, you should visit the Homes and Castles forum sometime!