• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Buying Blood Foxes

a wizard

Journeyman
Hello Tamers, I am looking to buy some 1 slot blood foxes to finish off one of my novelty collections, pref. Atlantic but any server is fine. Drop me a PM if you happen to have any kicking around in your stables. Or my discord, wazoo#0926

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Blood Foxes spawn at 2 Slots. 1 Slot Blood Foxes were only possible through the use of an exploit that was briefly possible when Pub 97 first launched, where you could drop a pet's slots down.
I know someone with five 1 slot Blood Foxes. He would use them on the Invasion Generals, and they tore apart the Generals even faster than five Wolf Spiders do. The Blood Foxes have a higher Base Damage than Wolf Spiders, and their Grasping Claw (debuffs Physical Resist, which is what Blood Foxes deal) is far more useful than Poison. Most definitely not just a "novelty" pet. Those five 1 Slot Blood Foxes are the strongest Pack Instinct team in game atm, capable of far outdamaging any 5 slot 120 Chiv+AI pet against foes with low Physical Resist.

Last edited:

a wizard

Journeyman
Blood Foxes spawn at 2 Slots. 1 Slot Blood Foxes were only possible through the use of an exploit that was briefly possible when Pub 97 first launched, where you could drop a pet's slots down.
I know someone with five 1 slot Blood Foxes. He would use them on the Invasion Generals, and they tore apart the Generals even faster than five Wolf Spiders do. The Blood Foxes have a higher Base Damage than Wolf Spiders, and their Grasping Claw (debuffs Physical Resist, which is what Blood Foxes deal) is far more useful than Poison. Most definitely not just a "novelty" pet. Those five 1 Slot Blood Foxes are the strongest Pack Instinct team in game atm, capable of far outdamaging any 5 slot 120 Chiv+AI pet against foes with low Physical Resist.
hi, you're not correct about blood foxes being one of the pets exploited by 1 slot, but yes they are pretty good for instinct groups, upon release of publish 97 they could spawn as 1-2 slot (Which randomly changed in the last year or so). given that they require a specific setup to use, that makes them a novelty. AoE? Theyre dead. Aggro swapping? (which is becoming more frequent as mob AI is being tweaked lately) Theyre dead. But sure, they perform excellently in the single scenario that they will never be attacked.

Also I think the the pets you are thinking about that were exploited to 1 slot, are fire steeds.

Anyways, good day, and still buying.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A guy had 5 at our invasions. He took longer to kill everything than my 5 spiders.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hi, you're not correct about blood foxes being one of the pets exploited by 1 slot, but yes they are pretty good for instinct groups, upon release of publish 97 they could spawn as 1-2 slot (Which randomly changed in the last year or so). given that they require a specific setup to use, that makes them a novelty. AoE? Theyre dead. Aggro swapping? (which is becoming more frequent as mob AI is being tweaked lately) Theyre dead. But sure, they perform excellently in the single scenario that they will never be attacked.

Also I think the the pets you are thinking about that were exploited to 1 slot, are fire steeds.

Anyways, good day, and still buying.
I lured the Balron, Daemons and Hell Hounds away from the Blood Fox spawn, and killed them for many hours trying to get a 1 slot to spawn, even taming the lower % rating ones to see if they'd drop down to 1 slot after tame, but didn't find one. I then asked my friend about it (he has five 1 slot Blood Foxes), and he stated that the Blood Foxes had to be exploit bugged to become 1 slot, which is no longer possible.
Run "As One" with 5 Blood Foxes, and it splits damage taken between all of them. Combine that with a Bard running Provo Masteries to heal them all back up (while also buffing their damage output), and you'd be surprised how tough they become. My 5 Wolf Spiders could take on Frost Dragons and Ancient Wyrms from the Invasion that way.

A guy had 5 at our invasions. He took longer to kill everything than my 5 spiders.
Were they skill trained? I have 5 fully skill trained Wolf Spiders that were doing 500-650 total damage every 1.25 secs to Generals, and my friend's 5 skill trained Blood Foxes were out damaging my Wolf Spiders. We both had "As One" running on our packs, with a Bard providing Inspire and Invigorate to our packs, with the General discorded. The higher Base Damage and Grasping Claw was making his Blood Foxes tear apart Generals. Plus, his Blood Foxes were tougher than my Wolf Spiders (more Physical Resist).

Last edited:

a wizard

Journeyman
I lured the Balron, Daemons and Hell Hounds away from the Blood Fox spawn, and killed them for many hours trying to get a 1 slot to spawn, even taming the lower % rating ones to see if they'd drop down to 1 slot after tame, but didn't find one. I then asked my friend about it (he has five 1 slot Blood Foxes), and he stated that the Blood Foxes had to be exploit bugged to become 1 slot, which is no longer possible.
Then you did it after they were randomly changed and your friend is 1. Is wrong and maybe even 2. Simply used that exploit on them for more powerful 1 slot pets.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If those have same stats as normal they were not exploited. Pets that dropped slots lost HP or other stats. They didn't drop and keep stats.