• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Buying] Buying 120 fishing scroll

Miretar

Journeyman
On Legends or Atlantic. My price is 20 million.

Yes I am aware that the vendor price for these scrolls is 85 million plus on Atlantic, but no one seems to be buying them at that price.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
On Legends or Atlantic. My price is 20 million.

Yes I am aware that the vendor price for these scrolls is 85 million plus on Atlantic, but no one seems to be buying them at that price.
Why would you simply not just do quest?

Miretar

Journeyman
Why would you simply not just do quest?
Multiple reasons:
1. I have better things to do with my time that to haul dozens or more stones of fish to my home to stockpile them for quests.
2. I think it is incredibly stupid that you cannot dry dock your boat while on these quests. I know from personal experience how quickly a crisis can hit that can prevent a person from finishing a quest and also cost them their boat. The quest system is also illogical. Presumably it is about delivering the freshest possible fish. If this is a case, then surely the recall spell would be the best way to accomplish this?
3. I consider the fishing quest system unnecessarily complicated, boring, tedious and nothing more than elaborate performance art. I.e Jump through these hoops in this specific way and you will get the scroll.
4. As such I consider this to be incredibly bad game design and won’t do it on general principle.

Frankly, I think that Broadsword should put all 120 skill scrolls on sale in the store. This would increase their profits, ruin the market for these scrolls being sold on other sites, destroy the inflationary stranglehold that a handful of players are maintaining on the 120 scroll market. It would also let new players get up to speed more quickly, reduce scripting and eliminate people having to do the same thing over and over again to get these scrolls. Right now the lich spawn is a premier target for griefing.

I also think that the game needs to return to daily vendor fees. There is massive inflation in this game and money needs to be removed from the system. The commission system encourages artificially high prices.

mihali

Sage
You have to balance the bad vs the good of things.
Agree with Fishing PS on the store, and the quests conundrum and tedious many many little things to do to get the 120 PS Fishing.
But the commission vendor system has been requested for many many years and finally was implemented. Also the commission vendor system is not what is causing the inflation. It actually causes Deflation, since it puts 1000000,s MORE goods on the VS system, and causes competitive price dropping. Check out the VS system on ATL, and it will become very obvious. More players load more items on the VS system thanks to the commission vendors, many more than before. The vast majority of players both requested and agreed upon the commission vendors.
Also on a side point : The reason that the Pet vendor system is failing all over is due to the lack of commission vendors, and the large prices charged to sell pets that are trained and expensive.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You have to balance the bad vs the good of things.
Agree with Fishing PS on the store, and the quests conundrum and tedious many many little things to do to get the 120 PS Fishing.
But the commission vendor system has been requested for many many years and finally was implemented. Also the commission vendor system is not what is causing the inflation. It actually causes Deflation, since it puts 1000000,s MORE goods on the VS system, and causes competitive price dropping. Check out the VS system on ATL, and it will become very obvious. More players load more items on the VS system thanks to the commission vendors, many more than before. The vast majority of players both requested and agreed upon the commission vendors.
Also on a side point : The reason that the Pet vendor system is failing all over is due to the lack of commission vendors, and the large prices charged to sell pets that are trained and expensive.
Plus no vendor search feature for pets..

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Go buy Soulstone on the UO store, sell and buy that 120 fishing PS.
Or you think all scrolls should cost like nothing or similar price ? I made myself 120 fish, took some time . Getting Tinkers legs also cost me some time. This is called "playing the game "

Last edited:

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
that scroll usually goes for 60m plus, for all that effort to get one 20m is far too low