• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Buyer Beware Hues and You!

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have noticed a LOT of hue cloth being put on vendors here recently for somewhat extreme prices. I want to put out a PSA or Buyer Beware notice.

Some of the new obtainable Hues/Hues people consider rare which quite simply are not.

If you want to see any of these hues please stop by my museum on LS link in my sig, or stay tuned!

Lets Start off With the NEW Cooking Aprons. These Spawn in the Hues 1987-1997. A Legendary Tailor can salvage these for 5 cloth a piece. I recently saw someone trying to sell a skirt (10 cloth) for 75m gold. The aprons sell for 1-5m each. In order below 1987-1997

How about Sigil next. It is incredibly popular to toss an item on your vendor and it be hue 11(sigil) and you expect to get 3-4 times its usual value. News Flash Cloth/Furniture Dye tubs can dye everything 1-1000 including hue 11 which use the settings seen below.

Next lets cover Barnacle Cloth! This still spawns but is a PAIN to Farm. Take it from me... The fish mongers quest is long and boring. On a small occasion this quest drops Dredging hooks. You use this to fish up barnacle hued armor/weapons/cloth. When I say cloth I mean skullcaps tricornes etc, which you salvage for 1 cloth each. This is cloth WORTH buying with two exceptions. Do NOT buy the Olive or the Purple, these two colors occur on turn-in pigments. On the same line Marble cloth comes from fishing up wedding dresses in sunken treasure chests

Color: Hue:
Olive 2709
Green 2711
Blue 2713
Red 2707
Purple 2716

Which brings me to pigments. You can create cloth of any pigment or tokuno or turn in pigment by dying a gargoyle cloth armor piece (preferably chest for most cloth-6) and salvaging it. So do not pay a fortune for this cloth!

Next up Zog! Technically it is all Hues between 1443 and 1445. It still spawns on vendors/npc's. You can farm Fel Brit Castle Nobles, or on occasion you can search all the tailors on a server and get lucky. Here is a tailor on LS selling Zog Tricornes.

On the topic of NPC hues, they are far encompassing, to give you an idea in about 2 minutes of farming I was able to gather 24 unique hues ranging from 1233 to 1869. Any hue you have ever seen an npc wear is possible to get.

That's all I have for now. Let me know if you want more. I have become a bit of an expert on the subject due to my museum.

Last edited:

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
When I ask if you want more to let me know this is the kind of stuff I might add in and upgrade:

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}BOD Reward Cloth{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Tier{/td}
{td}Color{/td}
{td}Hue{/td}
{td}IMG{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}