• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Butcher's War Cleaver: does anyone make this?

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I wanted to buy one, but I can't find any for sale in the stores.

Does anyone make this nowadays? Is it very expensive?

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
I think after long time of searching was finally able to find the recipe. I will double check to see if I have one.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Hello thanks for all the answers!

I just need 1 Butcher's War Cleaver. How much does it cost?

I just needed it to skin creatures for the hides. As I understand it can just stay in your backpack. what is that "Durability: 36 (min) - 48 (max)"? does it only last 36-48 minutes in your backpack???

Leather Lucy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It doesn't timer down, the durability is how many 'hit points if you will' it has. As long as you don't whack things with it, the durability won't go down (you could always repair it if it did anyway).

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a spare recipe for this if anyone wants it.
I would have responded sooner, but I wasn't free. :(

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not when I'm the owner of it :D I'll give you a shout in help chat.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the war cleaver better than a skinning knife for gathering hides? I've only ever used the skinning knife.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Is the war cleaver better than a skinning knife for gathering hides? I've only ever used the skinning knife.
I didn't try it yet, but as per description: "The item will function while in a character's backpack as well as when equipped." from UOGuide. So for me that's a big advantage as I can have my normal hand gear and still use it without equipping.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's correct. The skinning knife must be equipped but the butcher's war cleaver can be used from the backpack.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you find yourself branching out to other shards and need one of the butcher's war cleavers but cannot find one, I can currently make one for you on these shards if you drop me a PM: Baja, Balhae, Lake Austin, Oceania, Origin, Siege, and Sonoma. No charge. If you have a turquoise handy, that helps too but isn't required!

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
If you find yourself branching out to other shards and need one of the butcher's war cleavers but cannot find one, I can currently make one for you on these shards if you drop me a PM: Baja, Balhae, Lake Austin, Oceania, Origin, Siege, and Sonoma. No charge. If you have a turquoise handy, that helps too but isn't required!
Thanks for the offer, really appreciate it!