• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Butcher´s War Cleaver with double slayers?

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hmm, I was just wondering if it is possible to craft a BWC with another slayer property on top of the Bovine one?

I have just gone through 3 Copper hammers but not single one got a slayer property. So figured I should ask before I waste anymore of my Turquoises... :p (doesn´t feel like visiting TC just yet)

Has anyone made one?

Thanks in advance!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh, yes - one of my favorites is a Bovine/Snake - lets me take care of getting the low end leathers and bone, with one weapon.

I'm still crossing my fingers, hoping for a Dragon or reptile as the double on a BWC

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ah, thanks Basara!

I´m glad to hear that it´s possible... :)

B

burnttrees

Not sure and you may be getting some nice mods with the copper but someone mentioned at one point using dull copper runic to make slayers since they are in mass abundance. Not sure tho.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've made a couple with slayer mods on them (a few elementals mostly). I got really excited when I made a Ophidian Slayer. But my exitement quickly waned, because Ophidians don't give hides. Those stingy snakemen.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm, I was just wondering if it is possible to craft a BWC with another slayer property on top of the Bovine one?

I have just gone through 3 Copper hammers but not single one got a slayer property. So figured I should ask before I waste anymore of my Turquoises... :p (doesn´t feel like visiting TC just yet)

Has anyone made one?

Thanks in advance!

It used to be possible before the runic changes made earlier this year.

However, to fix the dropped double rolls on things like damage increase - they have gotten better about not allowing double slayer mods on items that have a slayer mod.

For example - the Slayer Longbow with fletchers tools used to provide at least one slayer property from the recipie and you could get another from the runic. This is no more.

I have not tested but suspect this is the same with other recepie craftables that gave slayer mods. I'd be very surprised if you could still craft a bovine double slayer which makes the existing ones rare.

A

Aboo

Oh, yes - one of my favorites is a Bovine/Snake - lets me take care of getting the low end leathers and bone, with one weapon.
Would you mind explaining this? I know if you use it on leather that it cuts them for you. How does it work on bones? Do you have to have a slayer on it to do this?

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would you mind explaining this? I know if you use it on leather that it cuts them for you. How does it work on bones? Do you have to have a slayer on it to do this?
Only thing I can think of is the giant snakes drop lotsa bones.

N

Ni-

However, to fix the dropped double rolls on things like damage increase - they have gotten better about not allowing double slayer mods on items that have a slayer mod.

For example - the Slayer Longbow with fletchers tools used to provide at least one slayer property from the recipie and you could get another from the runic. This is no more.

I have not tested but suspect this is the same with other recepie craftables that gave slayer mods. I'd be very surprised if you could still craft a bovine double slayer which makes the existing ones rare.
I can't remember if they did the same thing with Hit Spell weapons. I made a Wounding Assassin's Spike(15% Hit Harm) with 24% Hit Fireball a while ago. It would have been nice while fixing the property drop bug, that they would still have allowed double slayer/double hit spells to stay possible.

E

El Phantasmo

Yes. I have been able to craft and Arachnid/Bovine as well as an Undead/Bovine. These two being not too useful but definately possible to craft the famed "Double Super Slayer".

P

packrat

I'm still crossing my fingers, hoping for a Dragon or reptile as the double on a BWC
What hammer did you use to get that one? I bet that would fetch a few gold. I wish I had one of those..

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So a butcher's war cleaver, that has a snake slayer property, will cut the bones into your backpack as well as hides?:confused:
No - It just helps me kill the giant serpents a lot faster.

Then I click on the corpse, see if there's any bones, and if there are, loot them.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IT was a bronze hammer. I've gotten several dozen bronzes from filling small colored BODs with no large, or a joke of a reward for the large, and turning them in for new BODs, when testing the distribution of the BODs after the fixes.

BTW, after about 2500 BODs, the drop rates of iron/colored are within 0.2% of expected values, so the fixes really did work. Now, if they'd just fix Tailor BODs (that are dropping 65/35 normal/exceptional, instead of the 40/60 that should be occurring post-GM)

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Has anyone made one?

Thanks in advance!

Hmm, ok. Well, I have another 400 turquises to burn. I will post the outcome when I´m done with burning them...

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not sure and you may be getting some nice mods with the copper but someone mentioned at one point using dull copper runic to make slayers since they are in mass abundance. Not sure tho.
Well, I have a bunch of copper hammers to burn anyway. Also hoping to get both HCI and DCI on the cleaver...

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Well, I went to TC and made 200 cleavers but not a single one of them got any slayer mod other than Bovine.

So yeah, seems as if we (and I would love to be wrong in this case) can´t make a double slayer BWC anymore...

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, I went to TC and made 200 cleavers but not a single one of them got any slayer mod other than Bovine.

So yeah, seems as if we (and I would love to be wrong in this case) can´t make a double slayer BWC anymore...
I believe this is a correct statement.

It USED to be possible - but no more. Same with Slayer Longbows and silver etched maces. *sigh*