• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Busted Code, Seller/Buyer Troubles

A

Aelisa

While I was at my store today (called 'The Store') a girl came in three separate times. The third time she told me she bought a code machine from my lot for $6k, that it was broken and that she wanted her money back. Well, the code machine was still on my lot, in pieces, so I told her that no, she didn't buy the machine and I didn't owe her $6k. She asked, "Why would I lie?" I replied, "Hec, I don't know. Why would I lie?" We went back and forth a bit, then she said she was going to tell everyone that I ripped her off and left.

I was thinking she was doing a con game and planned to warn other store owners.

I then brought on the sim who owned the code machine and lo and behold, the code did sell. I got a 'sold' IM and $6k. BUT, it was still on the lot, still in busted up pieces. I reset the house and came back thinking it would be gone, but no, it was still there. Reset again and still it was there.

I contacted the girl, apologized for the misunderstanding and trouble, gave her her money back and all is well now. Except maybe my reputation.

Why would a bugged item that I can't do anything with (or put into inventory) sell to someone else?

Moral of this story... please fix this bug Maxis because it's going to be a big problem between buyer and seller if it happens again.

G

All though I am not a store. but a Skill house. I've bought beds. That were "NEW" and broken. Can not be picked up and placed in inventory.
Can't be moved,etc. So we call it the Bed Graveyard. Hopefully this bug can
be fixed soon.

G

<blockquote><hr>

While I was at my store today (called 'The Store') a girl came in three separate times. The third time she told me she bought a code machine from my lot for $6k, that it was broken and that she wanted her money back. Well, the code machine was still on my lot, in pieces, so I told her that no, she didn't buy the machine and I didn't owe her $6k. She asked, "Why would I lie?" I replied, "Hec, I don't know. Why would I lie?" We went back and forth a bit, then she said she was going to tell everyone that I ripped her off and left.

I was thinking she was doing a con game and planned to warn other store owners.

I then brought on the sim who owned the code machine and lo and behold, the code did sell. I got a 'sold' IM and $6k. BUT, it was still on the lot, still in busted up pieces. I reset the house and came back thinking it would be gone, but no, it was still there. Reset again and still it was there.

I contacted the girl, apologized for the misunderstanding and trouble, gave her her money back and all is well now. Except maybe my reputation.

Why would a bugged item that I can't do anything with (or put into inventory) sell to someone else?

Moral of this story... please fix this bug Maxis because it's going to be a big problem between buyer and seller if it happens again.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry - I know it's not funny to you.... but with all the other weird bugs and bugaboos, this one just spilled right over the top and made me guffaw for a solid minute.
Sorry - you are right, of course.

G

<blockquote><hr>

All though I am not a store. but a Skill house. I've bought beds. That were "NEW" and broken. Can not be picked up and placed in inventory.
be fixed soon.

[/ QUOTE ]
The question that comes to mind is: Did any of these items come with Production City sims on the 'bullet train'?
Cuz, this seems to be where this bug originated.

A

Aelisa

Donovan..
Yep, it was from a sim who moved on the bullet train. I just can't remember which city she's from.

Oh, and, I forgive you for having a big laugh. lol

D

DGLita

I know that Luc and Lee were looking at this problem last weekend, and they have promised to sort it out, but the codes are still bugged. Most other multi tile items will snap back together if you pick them up, but code wont. Also, once you put it on sale, you cant take it off sale and you cant put it back in inventory either.

Any stores selling bullet train code will have this problem if they have them out on their lot. If you want to buy a code, make sure the seller has just bought it from buy mode, because otherwise you wont be able to take it out of your inventory once you have paid for it.

G

well at least u can open your lot we cant even open ours it errors out so much u cant even green on the lot. so be thankful you can open and im sure they are working as hard as they can to fix this awful bug

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

be fixed soon.

[/ QUOTE ]
The question that comes to mind is: Did any of these items come with Production City sims on the 'bullet train'?

[/ QUOTE ]

The bug did not originate with the bullet train. I've had a busted code machine stuck out of bounds and in pieces on a lot in TC3 long before EA-Land even opened. I had at least 5 half objects and a dresser stuck to a sofa in TC3 before EA-Land even opened. This bug did not originate with moving to EA-Land. The bug was there just waiting for more stuff to attack.

A

Aelisa

I am pretty happy that this is the only trouble I've encountered so far, especially after seeing some of the problems so many others are experiencing. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the devs and all the time and effort they are putting into this game. They certainly have their work cut out for them, to say the least.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

be fixed soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The bug did not originate with the bullet train. I've had a busted code machine stuck out of bounds and in pieces on a lot in TC3 long before EA-Land even opened. I had at least 5 half objects and a dresser stuck to a sofa in TC3 before EA-Land even opened. This bug did not originate with moving to EA-Land. The bug was there just waiting for more stuff to attack.

[/ QUOTE ]
OK - any ideas why it seems to be prevalent with 'bullet train' sims? Has anybody had this problem in EAzy Land with catalogue Code?
Maybe it's some kind of virus that came into being with the merge of TC and TC3. Then the same code was used for the bullet train and the virus migrated with it?
Or maybe Pari just spilled some Ovaltine on one of the servers?

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

be fixed soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have beds stuck on my lot alot. I have put them in my inventory but parts of them are still left on my lot. I'm hoping this gets fix soon too.

G

Do you know if the items in TC3 started doing that before or after the TC/TC3 merge? Could any of it be TC stock?

I

imported_SimTripps

I hadn't had any object bugs in the prod cities UNTIL..... cues evil-sounding music....TC3 dun dun dun daaaaa! lol... A broken bed that just won't go away.. I tried reasoning with it, asking it politely to either get itself together or hit the road, Jack... But nooo... can't delete it, put it in inventory, nuthin'... It leaves it's dirty socks everywhere and won't listen to me. All it does is sit there giving me the hairy eyeball, sticking it's tongue out at me going 'nya nya nya nya nya'... lol...

Well, the devs have given up their week-ends to fix the shattered object bug, so slowly things will get back to normal..

omg I need either sleep or a good therapist, one or the other rofl...

I

imported_SimTripps

Maybe lol.... Maybe then it'll give it's 60 days notice, eh? rofl...