• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Bushido

Kaine

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I see this skill is extremely popular, but judging from the descriptions I am having a hard time seeing why?

Are the main benefits the perfection/honor damage increase and whirlwind damage increase? Or am I missing something.

This skill also seems very... busy, for lack of a better word. As in you have to spam lots of things at just the right time. Is true that you really have to be paying close attention in order to use Bushido skills effectively?

I have a sword vampire, but debating between going with just sword and board instead of bushido/parry. Help me see the light, what am I missing?

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
More benefits:
1) You can parry without a shield with Bushido! So you can use the best weapons in the game. Like double axe, two-handed axe and bladed staff and get parry bonus
2) You get a huge luck boost with perfection
3) It is one of "Reduced special mana cost" skill. So you get a huge mana cost decrease with special moves
4) Evasion and confidence spells are really key spells for boss fights! (You need a lot of training with the right timing of these spells)

Read even more here.
Bushido – Ultima Online

Kaine

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
1) You can parry without a shield with Bushido! So you can use the best weapons in the game. Like double axe, two-handed axe and bladed staff and get parry bonus
Ya I guess I just liked the 'idea' of wearing a shield. Sounds like it's a bit outdated concept though!

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Ya I guess I just liked the 'idea' of wearing a shield. Sounds like it's a bit outdated concept though!
Not really. It depends on the template as a whole and what you're intending to do with it. Bushido has a lot going for it but it's also 240 points (when used in full with Parry) compared to 120 points for any number of other great viable options like Parry on it's own and using shield mods, Chivalry, Ninjitsu, Spellweaving, Resist, Anatomy.

If for example you were using the character at EM events Perfection would largely become irrelevant because there's too many other people there who will likely honour or damage the target first.

Most people completely under utilise the skills on their template. How many sampires do you see using the extra damage a Revenant would give them in a long fight? Or samurai using their trained Lesser Hiryu. Not many.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
bushido great for a samp. the timing of spells isn't really too hard, nor is it necessary to be super accurate with timing.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
bushido great for a samp. the timing of spells isn't really too hard, nor is it necessary to be super accurate with timing.
I'd say it's essential samurai (Bushido) + vampire (Necro) = sampire. And yeah, I agree 100% no timing needed, it's no different from toggling special moves on really, about the only one you might need to time is Counter Attack and it isn't difficult as you do it as soon while you're hitting.

If CA hit everytime (obviously it dosn't) you would toggle it on every two hits. So it would be the hit it triggers off, miss one so you've noticed/ready to toggle back on, then toggle on during the next hit.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Exactly. I'll toggle the ca right after a hit, then I'll have time to get another special (armor ignore, 99.9% of the time) up, without missing the ai shot. That's about the "trickiest" timing. If the ca goes off too close to an armor ignore, then I'll wait that one swing that's ai......I'd rather get the ai in than getting the ca on and missing the ai......due to more dmg that way. Once you get the timing down of that, it's pretty easy.

Rest of the bushido spells don't really require anything for timing. I guess I'll hold off on evasion until the munsters I have grouped up are almost in casting range, then I'll mash dat evasion and charge into the middle. You can be off a bit on it tho. Doesn't wreck the game play for anything.
Confidence, you just need to be sure you are out of spell range to hit it, otherwise it will get interrupted while healing. You can nix that by running the bushido mastery tho.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Exactly. I'll toggle the ca right after a hit, then I'll have time to get another special (armor ignore, 99.9% of the time) up, without missing the ai shot. That's about the "trickiest" timing. If the ca goes off too close to an armor ignore, then I'll wait that one swing that's ai......I'd rather get the ai in than getting the ca on and missing the ai......due to more dmg that way. Once you get the timing down of that, it's pretty easy.

Rest of the bushido spells don't really require anything for timing. I guess I'll hold off on evasion until the munsters I have grouped up are almost in casting range, then I'll mash dat evasion and charge into the middle. You can be off a bit on it tho. Doesn't wreck the game play for anything.
Confidence, you just need to be sure you are out of spell range to hit it,
otherwise it will get interrupted while healing. You can nix that by running the bushido mastery tho.
I do not fully agree on this one... Evasion and confidence spamming randomly in harder places (like soloing Roof or soloing Travesty or soling Corgul) lead you fast to death. It takes many rounds to master on those spells to learn when to cast and when not to cast em.

But yeh. On normal champion spawns and peerless bosses, you don't need timing.. Not even those spells.

Last edited:

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whirlwind is another reason. Information taken from UO Guide.

Whirlwind Damage Increase
Bushido gives a damage bonus to the Whirlwind special move. This bonus is capped at 100. The bonus is determined by the following formula:

For example, if you are using a weapon with Whirlwind on it, and you are surrounded by 4 enemies, and have a Bushido skill of 90, the additional damage you do to each of those enemies will be 36 points of additional damage.

At 120 bushido, a whirlwind receives the max bonus when surrounded by only 5 enemies. At 100 bushido, a player must be surrounded by 6 enemies. Players must have at least 66.6 bushido to maximize this bonus (It would, however, require the player be surrounded by 9 enemies).

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Whirlwind is another reason. Information taken from UO Guide.

Whirlwind Damage Increase
Bushido gives a damage bonus to the Whirlwind special move. This bonus is capped at 100. The bonus is determined by the following formula:

For example, if you are using a weapon with Whirlwind on it, and you are surrounded by 4 enemies, and have a Bushido skill of 90, the additional damage you do to each of those enemies will be 36 points of additional damage.

At 120 bushido, a whirlwind receives the max bonus when surrounded by only 5 enemies. At 100 bushido, a player must be surrounded by 6 enemies. Players must have at least 66.6 bushido to maximize this bonus (It would, however, require the player be surrounded by 9 enemies).
Does it have to be real 120 bushido to max or rings/equipment to 120 Bushi is ok to max trhis?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rings and equipment count towards it. The only thing they dont effect is mastery skills.